AT haters.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotty, I take my trash out as I hunt the same places. I have a pattern I do, and as I clean out a few areas Im working now the finds are getting deeper. I also don't have to look at the same trash the next day. I was taught this by a older gent who gets very upset when trash is left by the hole, or back in the ground. I share the same parks with several other guys who talk when we get a chance. Where I hunt it is bad form.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would you return it to the hole, just causing someone else to dig it up and that much more damage is done to the ground with another person digging the same hole. You should haul all trash you dig up away....

DID YOU REALLY JUST SUGGEST THAT DIGGING A SIGNAL IS DAMAGING !!! Man keep that radical talk on the downlow. I don't damage anything that I dig. Have you ever seen a old home place that hasn't been kept up? Watched an episode of life after people, you cannot damage nature with a hand held digger unless you just get stupid with it. If you follow me you, will dig some trash that I have already laid eyes on. If your that GOOD, you will not dig it, if you dig every signal then you will dig some things that I didn't, anyway. I dig most good signals, but if I analyze it long enough, I may pass in certain situations, but that's just me.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scotty, I take my trash out as I hunt the same places. I have a pattern I do, and as I clean out a few areas Im working now the finds are getting deeper. I also don't have to look at the same trash the next day. I was taught this by a older gent who gets very upset when trash is left by the hole, or back in the ground. I share the same parks with several other guys who talk when we get a chance. Where I hunt it is bad form.

I guess I am greedy/ competitive, I could care less if you find trash, I really wish if we hunted the same spots that you would find a lot of trash and leave. Now if we where personal friends, then that may be a different story, but just some other random detectorist, then I want to crush you. Have a nice day! :hello:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck scotty with the bottle cap replacement program. Sounds like wasted motion. Most detectors just pass over them. If you want to mess up your fellows there in AR, use foil. I don't think I could live in a place like AR.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He he he look at what I have started... It is so entertaining.

He he he ya know if this means you were trying to cause trouble, He he he
your post would be deleted He he he and you'd get a vacation He he he.
so I hope this is not your intentions.

as comments like this get reporterd as
member admitting to starting a troll thread just to create fights .

as Is, I don't see anything to say this thread has caused trouble.
so I really don't get your "He he he look at what I have started" comment.
maybe it's good I Don't. because it would now be blamed on you.

jeff

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
dustytrails I have dug a million crown caps in the old parks in the past twenty years. I am looking for the masked stuff that no metal detector could possibly find unless the carpet of trash is meticulously cleaned off. It's the last desperate attempt to glean the last old coins from the parks. I actually look for rusty bottle caps. With atpro I can tell the difference between small rusty nails and crown caps, its that good in the audio. Ironically, the atpro is so good at identifying crowns with audio that I find it the best tool to dig out the crowns, and it pinpoints like a dream, and its fast and will not miss small silver or brass in a pile of rust and cinder.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/319742-atpro-trash-throw-down-again-silver-gold-time.html

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my at pro for one reason and that was creek hunting. I have an f-75 I am comfortable with and an old Tesoro that will hunt like crazy. So far the At Pro has been pretty simple and has done a good job. That is all I ask. You have to hunt where good targets are no matter what you are using.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you on clearing the caps its just not something i want to do on a random 2 hour hunt in a place i prolly wont be back to again for along long time .....when it comes to the old and the raped over yes i dig everything...and you are using the best tool on the market for hitting bottle caps but it would be nice to discrim them out like the etracs or the bounty hunters can do

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I am greedy/ competitive, I could care less if you find trash, I really wish if we hunted the same spots that you would find a lot of trash and leave. Now if we where personal friends, then that may be a different story, but just some other random detectorist, then I want to crush you. Have a nice day! :hello:

My guess is that you do not have much experience and probably have never hunted with anyone yet if you re- bury your trash.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh dont get me wrong, the atpro has broad iron scrim resolution and you can notch out anything and everything very effectively with it, just like all metal detectors. All good metal detectors hit rust hard but they can all scrim out iron if you wish. I like to hunt zero scrim everywhere, trash or not.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish it was that easy with a garrett to just notch up the discrim and eliminate the bottle caps but you would have to notch out quarter/dimes...iron alone will not do it and on the ace 350 it even hits as high as a 50 cent piece thats the highest notch on the machine so you would have to notch everything out lol

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Either you have a bad unit or are running std mode. Atpro is awesome in pro zero. Try it. The audio is stupendous and its stable as a brick building.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
ya get what you pay for...im gonna pick up one for the wife to play in the water with, from what ive seen, its pretty much a waterproof ace 250.

No way, you been hearing and seeing bad info from inexperienced users. It takes a while to learn and trust a machine. I have beat mine up for two years steady and found a ton of wheats and a pound of silver with it. It is completely different from an ace250 and 350. Atpro can scrim out iron. If you like to hunt zero scrim, go pro mode and you will hear iron but you wont be fooled by iron.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For some reason dustytrails is hell bent on bashing Garrett, just buy something else, and move on! I am sure all the people who buy, and love this machine, are wrong about it, and you are right, so buy a BH and forget about it. Grandpa used to say " "If everybody liked the same thing...... they would all be chasing your Grandma!" If all you want is silver try CRH'ing no bottle caps there!:laughing7:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hate my AT pro, or AT Gold, but they sure as hell were not worth the $ paid for them... the pro died in under 11 days... and the AT Golds coil was faulty on arrival.. garrett were fantastic, and replaced/repaired them within 2 weeks.

The problem with a popular detector is that people will believe the hype and flat out bulls!@#..... I had a guy tell me he detected a silver threepence which is a 16mm coin at 17 inches.. with the AT Pro with stock coil. anyone using common sense would call LIES immediately... or the guy from my detecting club, who told me he detected a Gold Sovereign, 22mm coin at 19-20 inches with the AT Gold 8.5x11 coil..

point being, Hype becomes a lie, and people buy the lie... and get pissed off when the machine doesn't live up to the hype...
I don't know of a VLF detector that is able to punch down 20 inches and get a solid hit or any hit at all on a 22mm target.... Hell my SD2200 would have a hard time reaching down 20" and hitting that..

Its hard to filter bullshit, when thats all you hear/read

Sorry i beg to differ. Size , shape and angle of target in the ground , Vegetation , Geological conditions both natural or un- natural [man made] is a huge variant to what depth can be reached with any metal-detector. Sure big difference between both VLF and PI units. Using each type or brand on its positives together will get the best result. You would be a brave man to even consider trying to debate my comment. This md is better than that one , this one is to expensive and so on, is the B*LL S**t in our great hobbie.

tinpan

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I love the AT Pro is bc it has multi purposes relic hunting coin jewelry junk to sell to chop shop and the occasional prospecting I love the idea of finding nuggets of gold and maybe copper but Idw the AT GOLD bc it was only recommended for freshwater use and I'd wanted the one for both

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My guess is that you do not have much experience and probably have never hunted with anyone yet if you re- bury your trash.

No not much really, just about 25 years. And have hunted with the same two guys since 92.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread