AT haters.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you make a Fisher Metal Detector owner go crazy? Drop about fifty pennys in the wood chip tot lot under a swing. I got em all.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had full intention to buy an atpro this past winter till I watched vids on youtube. The type of tones it made annoyed me more than my ace did.

I agree, except I bought my new AT PRO before I watched Garrett's own video about using the AT PRO in trashy areas. Even the Garrett video guy said it was hard to listen to, "all that noise". I couldn't stand it. It sounded like that old doo-wop song from the 50's...bomp a bomp bomp a dangy dang dang a dingitty dong ding (and then the low tone iron audio feature)...bluuuuuuuuuue moon! I talked to the Garrett customer service rep and he arranged to trade me for a new, same price GTP 1350, which I truly love. The size profiling feature is just about perfect once you learn the proper scan technique. This week I found a silver rosie dime and my first silver dollar ever (a 1922 Peace Dollar), in the same old park...the GTP sized them both correctly before I dug. A picture of the silver dollar is posted on the today's finds forum. I know I'm missing things an expensive detector could get me to, but what I'm missing in depth I'm trying to make up for in research and perseverance. Even the TV digger guys once said their AT PROs are really irritating in trashy areas. I'm sure the AT PRO is a great machine and most likely more capable than my 1350 GTP in the hands of someone who doesn't mind the snap crackle pop and doo wop in trashy areas, but I don't have a beach front or a ghost town were I live, all I have are trashy urban areas and the GTP tells me a coin sized target every time, including silver dollars!

catfisherman

Mar 19, 2013
So the a t pro is junk? Will it go as deep as the ace 250? I was thinkin about buying a pro maybe not so much now?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO not a piece of junk, it is a good detector, just like all detectors it isnt for everyone, but that does not make it a bad detector....

killerclown

Mar 24, 2013
Amelia Island Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Personally I don't care how much a machine cost. I don't envy the machine....I envy the skills it takes to operate the machine efficiently to pull unbelievable treasures out of the ground. I personally want a AT but have to wait...and when I get it I hope one of these bad a$$ skilled members will help me with it like they did with my 250!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't care for the "mine is better than yours" threads that show up on many forums. If you're happy with whatever you swing and your making finds and having fun, that's the main thing. If YOU like it, use it, I'll do the same.
luvsdux

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't envy the machine....I envy the skills it takes to operate the machine efficiently to pull unbelievable treasures out of the ground. I personally want a AT but have to wait...and when I get it I hope one of these bad a$$ skilled members will help me with it like they did with my 250!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills....

skills.jpg

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of folks that love the AT Pro. It's probably the only detector they've had so they don't know any better. :dontknow:

Motorhead

Banned
Aug 1, 2012
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$590 and that included the waterproof headphones is pretty inexpensive given the capability of the AT Pro. I'm finding lots of coins and relics in the water while you are all on the banks of the river just watching!. All in all it's probably the most versatile detector in the field in this price range. When a product is back ordered for 3 months because they can't build them fast enough that says something. The other detector companies only wish they had those kinds of orders coming in. Granted White's, Fisher and Minelab also make good equipment, just more expensive and not worth the extra cost to the casual hobbyist.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Instant gratification isn't fast enough for most people nowadays, this machine is not for them..dumb it down and they are good. This machine is under major scrutiny..it is beyond some who own it and all who haven't tried it. It is viewed as a bandwagon machine due to the show diggers, but they actually use at gold's, which IMHO are an inferior coin shooter as compared to the at pro due to the 3k higher frequency, its hotter on gold though. On the flip side you have tons of fisher/brand x users who will readily bash the garrett at series detectors such as 'you saw it on tv and bought it' the thing is most of these guys are newbies hiding behind their age and they bought the fisher because they saw it on tv as well...enter meteorite men. The fisher series of detectors is as venerable as any, it is purely a matter of choice. Brand loyalty is fierce as of late, and the manufacturers would not have it any other way. Just my 2 cents

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets just say there are 4 main metal detector brands Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, White, ok 5 bc its hard to dismiss Tescoro

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, except I bought my new AT PRO before I watched Garrett's own video about using the AT PRO in trashy areas. Even the Garrett video guy said it was hard to listen to, "all that noise". I couldn't stand it. It sounded like that old doo-wop song from the 50's...bomp a bomp bomp a dangy dang dang a dingitty dong ding (and then the low tone iron audio feature)...bluuuuuuuuuue moon!

You guys that believe the AT Pro is too noisy? You do know that with a little effort and understanding what the Pro is telling you and knowing what your hoping to find (relics, coins, etc.) You can ground balance, adjust the settings and run Iron audio off (until you need or want to use it), and the Pro runs with very quiet with no chatter or noise, even at full Sensitivity. Can't believe this thread is still alive. Gonna start a new one "AT Lovers" Go bash something else.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better watch the bickering on this thread. Itll get locked lol ahah

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it would be interesting to know what the high end detectorists drive:laughing7: How many of you drive Cadillacs or other old rich guy toys?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought an ATP and as soon as I learn how to use it, I'll show you haters. Lol
:-\

Yeah man. You will love that machine. Go to youtube and see one of the best hunters out there "aquachigger" dig hundreds and hundreds of relics with one. That dog can hunt as they say.He is a member here also.

At PRO is a great machine. The title of this thread is kinda lame. Most people who do not like the machine have never tried one and that is funny to see them post.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be interesting to know what the high end detectorists drive:laughing7: How many of you drive Cadillacs or other old rich guy toys?

I have a minelab safari will only buy minelabs. I have an 02 lifted avalanche and wife has a 2012 lexus IS250.
Only good thing about garrett is there customer service and there pro pointers.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would only consider getting an ATp if i had more water areas to detect, im sure its a great machine and 17inches isnt unheard of. its wet sand, any machine goes deeper in sand when the surface isnt packed as much or has rocks to penetrate. I dug a bust half at 14 with my cz3d at the base of a rotten maple tree. and as for what they say on that show Diggers? ...an ex wrestler who throws his machine on the ground whenever he gets ticked off is probably the last person you want to get pointers from. Theres members on here who will offer thier assistance to help a fellow hunter, ya just have to ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread