AT haters.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DID YOU REALLY JUST SUGGEST THAT DIGGING A SIGNAL IS DAMAGING !!! Man keep that radical talk on the downlow. I don't damage anything that I dig. Have you ever seen a old home place that hasn't been kept up? Watched an episode of life after people, you cannot damage nature with a hand held digger unless you just get stupid with it. If you follow me you, will dig some trash that I have already laid eyes on. If your that GOOD, you will not dig it, if you dig every signal then you will dig some things that I didn't, anyway. I dig most good signals, but if I analyze it long enough, I may pass in certain situations, but that's just me.

Digging in old field is no big deal, but digging in sod is... By not removing your trash you guarantee you will dig it again, it masks other targets, the more you remove the more faint targets you will hear and find....

For someone in general to leave trash in the ground or beside a hole i can only think of one reason, too lazy to haul it off..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging in old field is no big deal, but digging in sod is... By not removing your trash you guarantee you will dig it again, it masks other targets, the more you remove the more faint targets you will hear and find....

For someone in general to leave trash in the ground or beside a hole i can only think of one reason, too lazy to haul it off..

Well said dig everything up collect it then sell it to chop shops for extra cash

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was looking for a gold detector I checked out the older models but decided on the Garrett AT Gold. It sure was a good decision and I don't have to give any money to a hate group. I have tried to decide what the best feature on the ATG is but I really can't decide because I like everything. I suspect the one feature the competition hates is the one they try to attack--it's ability to eliminate bottle caps. It is so easy to hit the Iron Discrimination button and like the instructional video says, there is doubt it's a bottle cap. I've hunted for four hours in a city park and never dug one bottle cap. I have dug one or two mainly when I forgot to check them with the Iron Discrimination. I've said it's a good machine to go into a bottle cap infested area where no other machine can go.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you call people names and are unable to post you will know why.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I need some advice. I have an AT Gold. I believe it is a good machine but the area I have been hunting has underground electric, phone, gas and water lines. Also septic tank lines and sand mounds with pumps and underground lines. The gas lines are plastic but exceptionally long and probably have metal connectors at splices. I believe there are buried oil lines crossing the property in a right of way that is not marked. When I do get a good hit, I am about half afraid to dig for fear of cutting into something. I usually scan the ground to see if it goes in a long line, and if it does, I definitely don't dig. This is the 30 acres of ground that we live on. but it also has buried steel junk. I am about to go somewhere else and detect and dig. I have had phone lines and electric lines and pipes give me readings of 70s or 80s so you can imagine my frustration. Any advice?

Last edited:

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I need some advice. I have an AT Gold. I believe it is a good machine but the area I have been hunting has underground electric, phone, gas and water lines. Also septic tank lines and sound mounds with pumps and underground lines. When I do get a good hit, I am about half afraid to dig for fear of cutting into something. I usually scan the ground to see if it goes in a long line, and if it does, I definitely don't dig. This is the 30 acres of ground that we live on, but it also has buried steel junk. I am about to go somewhere else and detect and
dig. I have had phone lines and electric lines and pipes give me readings of 70s or 80s so you can imagine my frustration. Any advice?

That is sand mounds not sound. Sorry for typo.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never heard of digging half a hole either. Its so good I think I'll use it. As for leaving bottle caps in the ground to stump the next guy like Fabbr says is just stupid. Why harm the hobby?

These would be alledged bottle caps/targets that I investigate and pass on, so no harm done to the hobby lol, if I dig it I haul it out with me. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that, im not trying to knock you off of your soap box...just clarifying my earlier statement

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotty I suggest you read our rules.

A word to the wise, insulting a moderator is like poking yourself in your eye.......

Last edited:

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scotty I suggest you read our rules.

A word to the wise, insulting a moderator is like poking yourself in your eye.......

I suggest you might want to mind your own biz. I think he can answer for himself.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you might want to mind your own biz. I think he can answer for himself.

I am the moderator....after timeout if you choose to return read our rules...

Last edited:

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no harm in not digging if you think it is trash, but if you dig it, take it with you. Other wise you should just save all your junk and burry it, that will really stump them don't you think? not that i am suggesting that in any way!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no harm in not digging if you think it is trash, but if you dig it, take it with you. Other wise you should just save all your junk and burry it, that will really stump them don't you think?

yes it is fine with me if you leave what you "think" may be trash behind :laughing7:

Gold coins can sound and signal exactly like Can tabs.
& tiny Gold rings that carry diamonds like Foil & nails on occasion :hello2:

if you live near me, best bet is just to remember 1 thing.
IF your detector says Aluminum
or the tone breaks up. Don't dig :skullflag:

Detectors are Never Wrong.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it is fine with me if you leave what you "think" may be trash behind :laughing7:

Gold coins can sound and signal exactly like Can tabs.
& tiny Gold rings that carry diamonds like Foil & nails on occasion :hello2:

if you live near me, best bet is just to remember 1 thing.
IF your detector says Aluminum
or the tone breaks up. Don't dig :skullflag:

Detectors are Never Wrong.

If anyone hunts Florida beaches and you think you found a pull tab, just leave it there and move on, I will dig it up for you when I get there.....:laughing7:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to have a bottle cap fetish lol, did you actually clean those up as well? Thats hilarious! I leave them in the ground to stump the next guy, im after coins, I didn't manage any caps today but did manage a nice find that some of us have become accustomed to(pic) not near as much clad today but happy nonetheless, turned out to be a 42 merc.
You Know Fabbr, you cant grow bottle cap trees by planting bottle caps? Oh, I found your ring, your know the one they sent with your purchase of a AT Pro detector. 100_5964.JPG Do you want it back? If you are nice I will return it.

So Fabbr, what did you find today? Heres what I found on my Monday Hunt: 100_5958.JPG Plus a kicker: 100_5960.JPG Marked 925. Man was I happy. Sorry Fabbr, no Boom Baby dance, only At Pro guys do that. Do all the At Pro guys gain 100 pounds also?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I could have went detecting today, I have a full time job. Someone has to pay for your retirement lol. Congrats on your finds, just in time too, your self esteem was starting to worry me. Great job!

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe its low T?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions