gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok littlewheaty, its all kinda fun, at least you have a spine and got back into the shat storm you started with your post that at least to me was clearly orchestrated to purposely cause grief, clearly provocative, you could not make that crap up. Do you understand? I didnt think so. Do you know how to read an owners manual? Try it, they have a good section on gb, but it has nothin to do with mizzooruh. But at least I tried to address your concerns, and I did not go off topic, talking about probes or some other crap that had nothing remotely to do with your concerns. Good luck with your atpro, I love mine. Its gonna take you way longer than average to be an average tecter person. Unless you listen to me. Mkay???

mm.jpeg

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
how do you know you cant find a quarter at five inches unless you found it? If you found it, you know you found a quarter at five inches. If you did not find it, how on frikin earth in Gods name would you know that you could not find it? LMFAO

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you ready for the final word on how to tell if your atpro is working good? Anyone? Come on, somebody else out there must be cornfused. Scared? Test me. I'll spill my secrets. I promise.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I did go off topic. You wanna see snow? Pics soon. So, snow, or atpro talk? I prefer atpro talk. You wanna get good with atpro, I tell you. If you wanna listen.

OP
OP
L

littlewheaty

Dec 7, 2014
missouri
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ace 250, at-pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No you wish just trying to figure out what you deal is.

OP
OP
L

littlewheaty

Dec 7, 2014
missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah troll on to the next newbie

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
OK. atpro. First of all read owners manual. When done, read again. When done, read again. When done, read again and again until you understand it and of course, read it again, because you might not get it at first or second or third or whatever you might want to try tnet but that wont help.

Ok......atpro not sure if its working good???????

Set pro mode, zero mode, IA OFF PLEASE, iron scrim ZERO, notch all IN. You understand notch.

Set sense at a sensible level, say five I run eight in field, but for testing, use four or five.
Get to clean ground. Clean ground means no metal trash.
GB per manual. Now I know that gb gives the newbs a hard time but a cave man can do it. If you cant read a manual or figure out gb, you will be fu&$ed for life, no matter what yer swingin.

Now the hard part. Spread a nickel, a clad dime, a zinky, an old time copper lincoln, a pull tab, a gold ring (if you can find one to borrow), a silver dime and a rusty nail, all at least twenty inches apart, spread apart on clean ground, clean ground meaning no metal trash in the ground, mkay?

Sweep the coil over the targets, keep the frikin coil at least five inches above the targets. Dont go less. The nickel will sound mid tone, the clad dime will sing high, the zinky will probably go mid, the old time copper lincoln cent will go higher than a kite, the pull tab will go mid, the gold ring will go mid (unless its really really thin then it might bark low but if its a big beefy bastage it might sing high pitch) the silver dime will sing higher than a woodpeckers nest, the rusty nail will groan low tone.

Any questions?

OP
OP
L

littlewheaty

Dec 7, 2014
missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh thanks that was really big help. Really appreciate that

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eureka...

Your quote...
The questions remain; Why are some AT PROS getting Depths on Silver AT or ABOVE 8-10 inches while others are only achieving up to 6 inches?

The answer is their not!! They dig a hole 7-10 inches... it falls out of the side wall from 5" and falls to the bottom of the hole and they think it is at 8-10".... Its so funny to me :)
This should fire them up... :)
The reason people have different results is because the machine performs different according to the soil...so, whats funny to me is that you don't realize why people get different depth using the same machine...maybe the coin is not falling from the side of their hole, maybe they have different soil...what depth did you get in an air test with a quarter and dime with your AT pro? Maybe the F75 isn't deeper than the AT pro, maybe it handles the soil better...if that's the case, then it would be deeper than the AT pro in your soil and be the better choice, but not for the reason you thought...in other parts of the country the AT may get the same depth as the F75...that's why its important to know how a detector performs in the area your going to use it.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not see this mentions so excuse me if it has been but are you ground balancing BEFORE you set any discrimination? I ground balance as soon as I turn the unit on and before I do any other settings. If you try to balance with any descrim at all then you could be balancing over any trash or small object in the ground and will skew your results.
I hope you get this issue resolved to your satisfaction. I have owned 5 AT Pros and am happy to say that I have not had any issue with any of them so far.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

DSC_0186.JPG DSC_0189.JPG DSC_0190.JPG DSC_0191.JPG

Its best to sweep over an area with zero scrim first so as to be certain you dont gb over a piece of metal. But you can gb anytime at any setting if you are confident there is no metal in the ground where you gb. Once the machine is gb'd properly, you will get the best depth, or more precisely, you will get a more stable response to the actual metal target because the background mineralization in the soil will be "cancelled out". atpro with stock dd has proven to get silver dimes and small copper cents at 8 inches but certainly that is pushing the limits of the machine, and many coins at that depth will be missed unless the detectorist is really on top of his game.

OP
OP
L

littlewheaty

Dec 7, 2014
missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not see this mentions so excuse me if it has been but are you ground balancing BEFORE you set any discrimination? I ground balance as soon as I turn the unit on and before I do any other settings. If you try to balance with any descrim at all then you could be balancing over any trash or small object in the ground and will skew your results.
I hope you get this issue resolved to your satisfaction. I have owned 5 AT Pros and am happy to say that I have not had any issue with any of them so far.

Yes choppadude I think i did get it resolved today and thanks for the advise. I was ground balancing when i first turned it on over clean ground no discrim.. After talking to garrett today come to find out i was doing it all wrong. According to them i dont even need to ground balance since my soil here is not mineralized. They said that you only need to ground balance in high mineralized soil. So i think it safe to say i got the depth issue fixed and got the ground balance figured out.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Glad I moved South somewhat. I do not miss shoveling so much snow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread