At pro depth issues

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's prob working fine and he needs to learn it a bit better and I agree in reading the manual but why didn't you just tell him that? I suggested he send it in so maybe it would give him some piece of mind. Who knows. The more you swing the pro the better you will get with it. It's a great detector but like anything it's got it's limitations and his ground may be littered with rust or something else that is causing depth loss. Air test are not a good test because we all know something in the ground is going to give off a halo or may sound diff depending on how it's sitting or other stuff around it. But if he is worried send it in and Garrett can test it and the coils to let him know if it's working as it should.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If you could only think about metal detecting as trying to learn a new language or trying to learn how to drive, it will be easier on you, you just have to learn to do it. No mystery.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you don't know how deep your detector is going try digging all signals and then see how deep they are. Just might be a chance their are no deep good targets. If your hitting small nails at 9 inches like me your getting good depth

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fine and have no problems finding what I'm after. That's why I get on here and try to help others who may be struggling. I enjoy this hobby and enjoy this site. My first detecting exp was back in late 80s trying to find lost arrows. Been hit and miss in detecting because of other things in life but jumped back in with both feet a couple years ago and haven't looked back.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If you don't know how deep your detector is going try digging all signals and then see how deep they are. Just might be a chance their are no deep good targets. If your hitting small nails at 9 inches like me your getting good depth

It is absolutely impossible to tell how deep your tecter is "going". Period. Think about it.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If anyone on Tnet wants to know if their atpro is working correctly, just let me know. Its so simple, a cave man could do it. No, really. I'm not kidding or being facetious. If anyone at all wants to know, just ask, I'll post. I would be happy to. Really. No...REALLY. I'm serious. I am. I'm glad to help.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God can't wait till snow is gone and I can go detecting again. Plus got to try out my new Grey ghost headphones

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I came on T net four years ago, Gleaner answered many questions for me that helped me immensely...Gleaner has a style all his own and I look forward to his posts...I get where he is coming from and think he has a great sense of humor...you guys should lighten up, relax and smile sometimes.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
THE END. But, my offer still stands. If anybody wants advice on cz or atpro, just ask. Send me a pm. Have a good night. Thank me later.

OP
OP
L

littlewheaty

Dec 7, 2014
missouri
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ace 250, at-pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First question: Is their something im missing? Yes, we all miss something, so the minelab guys can get it.
Second question: What should the ground balance number be around here in missouri? We dont know, just gb it and get er done it takes three seconds.
Third question: How do i rule out emi interference and would emi interference make me lose depth? Well, you are asking two questions in one sentence so I will give you two answers: The atpr does not react to emi unless you are standing under high KV power lines. And....No, emi will not cause you to lose significant depth.
Fourth question: Should i send the unit to garrett and let them take a look? I will answer your question with a question: A look at what? :icon_scratch:

Lmao!! Those are some really funny smart ass answers! I really liked the first answer. I am considering that. If you would have read the whole thread you would have seen i did have an issue. I couldnt hit a quarter at 5 inches and I only found out because i started digging low tones. I sent it in and i think it might be better than it was but not sure because the weather hasnt allowed for me to get out much. I got the emi figured out. I do have questions about ground balance and you seem to have all the answers. How come i get a ground balance number the same as guys in high mineralized soils? Shouldnt they be different in different soils? Garrett thought i should be in the 70s for the soil type we have here in missouri. I have read, watched videos and it seems everyone in the country is getting pretty much the same ground balance numbers in all soils. Also from my researching their seems to be a common problem with these machines, being ground balance and depth. After learning all this i cant ground balance in 3 secs and get er done. Thats probably why those minelabs are picking up what your leaving. After having one problem with the machine i question it now and everyone saying you need to figure the machine out. Thats BS, Its not a hard machine to use. Its basically an ace with a couple more features. LOL i probably shouldnt be asking you about the ground balance because you already said you didnt know but i wanna hear some more of your smart ass answers.

OP
OP
L

littlewheaty

Dec 7, 2014
missouri
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ace 250, at-pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dont have a good solid season or two on the machine, dont bother, nothing will help you. Word.

By the way just because i signed up in dec doesnt mean i started detecting in december. I have least couple hundred hrs with the machine

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread