OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
You're probably right about that BB. I do know that your rims are certainly the easiest to spot when I do come across them!

Only had time for one box last night, another skunk. I picked up the other half of my weekly order and they are a different stamp from the last two so maybe they won't be as bad.

Edit: That was my 100th box too. Shame it was a skunk!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Slow weekend... we did two boxes, and mine was a skunk. My girlfriend pulled out two 40%s, but I thought she was going to get much more from hers. I did score a '63 Washington quarter from the reject chute during my dumping rounds today.

IMAG0308_1.jpg

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver Washington. I'm still working on my first silver from a coin sorting machine. I find lots of coins in Coinstars, mostly foreign coins, but no silver yet. Silver quarters aren't something we see found a lot on this forum, so a nice find for sure.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I find lots of foreign in the reject chute as well, lots of Canadian. Last week I found some Russian rubles. I was very surprised to see a Washington quarter, I know it seems like nearly all of them have been pulled out already.

I did another two boxes last night, first with one 40% and the second with two 40% and one 90%. I may soon switch to updating my log weekly like many of the other users do. Or if I get a dream box of course!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Three boxes last night, two skunks and one box had three 40%s in the last few rolls. Hoping the fresh boxes tomorrow yield a little more.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Had silver in all three boxes last night, and a couple other interesting coins. First box just had one 40%. The second box also contained one 40% and a 1987-S proof. Looking at the mintage numbers, interestingly they struck more coins in San Francisco than in each Philadelphia and Denver. Last box contained three 40%s which was nice, and a 1970 half from the Bermuda. The edge is silver (the coin is cupronickel), but the reeding is spaced much closer together.

Unfortunately it was not a US 1970 half. That is one milestone I have yet to achieve. The other that I can think of offhand is getting a commemorative, silver or otherwise. Looking forward to finding both of these! Oh, and a Seated Liberty (that may take awhile).

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Your numbers are looking good. Your up to over 66.5 ozs of silver now with 2 more months in the year left to go. I'm still holding steady at just under 91 ozs. Good luck to us both the rest of the year.

H$H!

Persistent

Oct 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm hoping to have a year like your guys next year! Sitting nice and happy on 3.5 ounces at the almost end of my 2nd week ! Happy hunting

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had silver in all three boxes last night, and a couple other interesting coins. First box just had one 40%. The second box also contained one 40% and a 1987-S proof. Looking at the mintage numbers, interestingly they struck more coins in San Francisco than in each Philadelphia and Denver. Last box contained three 40%s which was nice, and a 1970 half from the Bermuda. The edge is silver (the coin is cupronickel), but the reeding is spaced much closer together.

Unfortunately it was not a US 1970 half. That is one milestone I have yet to achieve. The other that I can think of offhand is getting a commemorative, silver or otherwise. Looking forward to finding both of these! Oh, and a Seated Liberty (that may take awhile).

A seated Liberty would be an epic find. I've never known anyone to have found one CRH, although, for sure, it happens. I have good luck finding 1987's, but they're always D's. I've never found a foreign half-sized coin. Is there such a thing as a Canadian half?

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
A seated Liberty would be an epic find. I've never known anyone to have found one CRH, although, for sure, it happens. I have good luck finding 1987's, but they're always D's. I've never found a foreign half-sized coin. Is there such a thing as a Canadian half?

Apparently they do mint them, but they're NIFC. Wikipedia says mintage of around just 150,000 a year and only available directly from the mint. Interesting.

Did two boxes last night from the new batch. First box had one '64 Ken and the second was a skunk :/ Seems my yields are beginning to reduce to being on par with most everyone else's boxes. From the end of September to about a week ago my boxes were killer, probably sorting through a collection dump. Lots of older coins, capped off with the modern silver half last week.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I found my first Canadian half ('64 - 80% silver) just last month. And I found my first '70D and silver commem earlier this year. Still haven't found my first modern silver proof or Barber yet though.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had a nice run the past few months. I did some number crunching and it looks like your silver-per-box average is about three--not bad. The great boxes are sure a lot more fun. With the Christmas shopping season approaching, maybe people will start dumping more. I wonder if post-holiday boxes are really more silver rich.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Silverslug, I feel like people certainly might cash in that half dollar cache to pay the holiday expenses, but I feel like it will probably take some time for it to show back up in the boxes. The boxes I've been doing recently have lots of marked coins from one or two hunters, from around December 2013... That's almost an entire year for those coins to be dumped, re-rolled and make it back out to me!

That's right, SilverFace I forgot you just found Canadian silver not too long ago. It seems like we're reversed on our milestones that we've yet to achieve!

But ask and you shall receive. One of my three boxes had a clad 1986 Statue of Liberty commemorative this weekend. It was kind of rough, but still counts! Two boxes were silver skunks, but the third box (done by my lucky lady of course) had one 40%, and two 90% one being a '63-D Franklin.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first Canadian half ('64 - 80% silver) just last month. And I found my first '70D and silver commem earlier this year. Still haven't found my first modern silver proof or Barber yet though.
A Canadian silver half is a super-nice find. I don't even know what a Canadian half looks like. I'll have to do a quick google search.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Just had time for one box last night, but it produced very nicely! Seven 40%

IMAG0313_1.jpg

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I've been hovering just below three per box, which is still a good average to me.

I did my last two boxes from last week's order last night. The first box I did had three silver enders, so I was anticipating a killer box! Ended up with seven 40% again, and also another 1987-P. Statistically if 3/50 rolls have enders, then the box could contain around 30 silvers. That's not to say I'm disappointed with seven silvers of course. Seems chance just had half of the silver in the box fall on the end of the rolls. Second box I did, I scored two more 40%.

IMAG0314_1.jpg

Last edited:

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. Three enders would normally mean silvers galore. Still, a box of seven is a really good box.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Well as promised, I will be doing weekly log updates now. I had an excellent week, one of the best if not THE best. I ended the week heading to a new high silver streak of 11 boxes. Here are my results from this week's 8 boxes:

Box 119 - 0 x 90%------4 x 40%
Box 120 - 1 x '53 Ben---1 x 40%
Box 121 - 1 x 90%------2 x 40%
Box 122 - 3 x 90%-----10 x 40% - A nice box done by my lovely lucky lady
Box 123 - 1 x 90%------2 x 40%
*Box 124- 5 x 90%----12 x 40% - Including '64 Kennedy proof and first quadruple silver roll (all 40%)
Box 125 - 1 x 90%------3 x 40%
Box 126 - 1 x 90%------1 x 40%
Wkly Total: 13 x 90%----36 x 40%--=--10.03 oz.

IMAG0323_1.jpg IMAG0317_1.jpg

Reject Chute: Found one '64 Roosie as well.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread