Back at the hunted out park

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Spent a few hours at the oldest park in town over the weekend. This place has been "hunted out" for years. I got two silver, a 39 merc and an 1876 seated liberty quarter! Also picked up a V nickel, and a couple of Indians and a couple of buffaloes..
The coins are not in great shape, but it a good feeling to be able to pick up some oldies in an area that is "hunted out."
Also, had a chance to talk to a fellow detector who was working another area in the park. It's always nice to run into other detectorists. Had a nice chat then back to swinging.
Sorry the pictures are so bad.

Attachments

• Highland 1.JPG
    Highland 1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 345
  • highland 2.JPG
    highland 2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
Nothing like Seated to make a day. And a quarter to boot. Good luck on hitting that park again. Seems like it's yet to be empty.

davew0710

What kind of detector are you using? I'ld be very interested as I am wanting to upgrade and want the best bang for my buck.

BW

Nice work! I love hunting spots like that, most of them were heavily hunted in the silver boom of the 1980's I find that most folks were just cherry pickers, in a hurry and only dug the solid tones and discriminated out all the old nickels and Indian Head cents, with a bit of patients you can make out pretty well in these areas.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back