Bazooka sniper or prospector. Which should I buy?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a 30" sniper and quickly realized I could produce more material than it could quickly run. Not because of flow It had great flow. The grizz would just hold certain flat rocks that were pretty much 2/3 the width of the grizz, which in turn help up other material that would normally go through the grizz or right over if it were wider. I upgraded to a 36" prospector because I know it will handle any material I give it. It will run any flow situation an a52 would from my experience. As long as you can build up a little pool/dam for it to run out of. If the flow is too low to run a sluice so be it pan all day focus and smaller deposits and cracks. I have an A.L.I.C.E. pack and I can us a 36" bungee and strap the prospector right to it and still have all my gear in my pack. With two free hands. So I can carry a shovel and bucket. Its surprisingly manageable.

Last edited:

Mufflerfist

Apr 25, 2014
Paradise, Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper 24"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher just to pick your brains a little. I purchased a 24 sniper (don't have it yet) if I classify to 1/8 should that help stop those rocks getting stuck???

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not Goldwasher but...yes that will help. The other thing that will help is running the sluice steeper...the trap will still work with the grizzly flat or even declining a bit! This is my preference due to my general desire to get more gold...classifying is generally a waste of time! (Add a little more pitch to your sluice instead)

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Soooooo.....Taxes came back today, and they were better than expected, so, I bought a 36" prospector! Holy Shoot I cant wait to use it. Im over the moon about my 30" sniper, so I figured, why not get its big brother. Best Trap Out There Period. I think that if I was asked the original question again, I would say "BUY BOTH!!!"

JB

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Soooooo.....Taxes came back today, and they were better than expected, so, I bought a 36" prospector! Holy Shoot I cant wait to use it. Im over the moon about my 30" sniper, so I figured, why not get its big brother. Best Trap Out There Period. I think that if I was asked the original question again, I would say "BUY BOTH!!!" JB
well, yes that is ideal, just as having a couple sizes of traditional sluices is helpful :) Good news, I spoke with the guys at Bazooka Inc yesterday and they said they are caught up on orders so you should get your sluice fairly quickly!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! That's quite a photo and logo. Caught a lot of gold in that sluice! Conrats HTD and Kevin!

Thanks AU, first I've seen of that logo.. We've definitely moved a small mountain and caught some good gold with that very box.
Congrats on your 36" prospector GW, I see some side by side twin bazooka sluice action in the near future...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it!!!!!!! I ended up classifying:BangHead: and due to the reason I bought the bazooka I just felt ICKY.....feeding it with a trowel. And since I know what flows I will be dealing with I wised up and went bigger. And seeing first hand how AuFisher and Hangtown have tried so many times to just plain bury thiers without success, it was an easy choice
Thanks AU, first I've seen of that logo.. We've definitely moved a small mountain and caught some good gold with that very box.
Congrats on your 36" prospector GW, I see some side by side twin bazooka sluice action in the near future...

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man you guys are making me believers here, I'm almost about ready to sell my a52 keene and gold hog matting set up but I haven't tried it yet to see so got to see how that's going to work out first if I could just keep both and convince wife you need something for different occasions LOL!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like another Bazookafest is in order!

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
... I could just keep both and convince wife you need something for different occasions LOL!

It's kinda like shoes with the ladies. "I need these ones for the second blue moon in August. I wouldn't be caught dead with any of the other 83 pairs I have."

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bazookafest when?

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think in a couple of weeks once I got time when this semester is over!! But I think but would be cool to do a NorCal bazooka adventure

Mufflerfist

Apr 25, 2014
Paradise, Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper 24"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-1782700180.jpg

Just got my 24" sniper

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher just to pick your brains a little. I purchased a 24 sniper (don't have it yet) if I classify to 1/8 should that help stop those rocks getting stuck???

It also depends on what kind of rocks you are processing. Shale and angular cobble are troublesome. Classifying kind of defeats the purpose of having a Bazooka though. I have a super mini and I run it full speed dropping whatever comes up in the shoveload on it. If it gets overloaded I just shove the whole mess back up the skid plate with my hand and let it wash down again. It is quicker than classifying and I can run more material which is the goal. I also do not need to carry a bucket or classifier with me which saves weight when packing in and I don't carry buckets to the BGT. It's shovel or nothing. Good water flow helps too...

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the thread I was looking for! Trying to decide between the 36" Sniper and the 30" Prospector. My wallet and back are telling me to get the Sniper. Does anyone know if the store in Placerville carries them always in stock? Thinking about driving down there to pick one up this weekend.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to Placerville just email Chris at Bazooka you can go right to the shop when its ready.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread