Be honest now...

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
How many of you don't replace your silver dimes? Come on now, I occasionally don't do it if I forget to buy some loose ones or don't have any replacement dimes. How many of you have thought of or take a dime out of each roll to make some money back? I know that is dishonest, but the banks really wouldn't know. I haven't done it, and I don't plan on doing it, but it just came to mind.

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
How many of you don't replace your silver dimes? Come on now, I occasionally don't do it if I forget to buy some loose ones or don't have any replacement dimes. ... I haven't done it, and I don't plan on doing it, but it just came to mind.

First you say you HAVE done it, and give two reasons you do. Then you say you have NOT done it. Which is it?

As for me, I have a coin counter, so it doesn't matter how many I have. But no, I would never do it. Because even though you write <I know that is dishonest, but the banks really wouldn't know. >> the banks don't take that loss. they give that roll out in change to some local businessman and HE takes the loss. Only a dime, but a theft is a theft is a theft. So no I wouldn't do it. Now ... have you?

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
How many of you don't replace your silver dimes? Come on now, I occasionally don't do it if I forget to buy some loose ones or don't have any replacement dimes. How many of you have thought of or take a dime out of each roll to make some money back? I know that is dishonest, but the banks really wouldn't know. I haven't done it, and I don't plan on doing it, but it just came to mind.

you wouldnt be screwing over the banks...you would screw over the next person that comes in the bank to get dimes. I hate being shorted so I never short rolls.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never counted a roll of dimes. I've searched $150,000+. I do replace the silver, but I know some rolls are short, and some are over.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just saying that it is completely possible to take 1 coin from every roll and a teller probably wouldn't know the difference! In no way did I claim I will ever do this intentionally. I was just putting this out there as a possibility and was wondering if anyone has done it.

For one thin dime you are risking losing your rights to dump and order coin.......This is probably the lamest post I have seen on TNET ever!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.

<Auto Ignore>

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
jrf30 said:
First you say you HAVE done it, and give two reasons you do. Then you say you have NOT done it. Which is it?

As for me, I have a coin counter, so it doesn't matter how many I have. But no, I would never do it. Because even though you write <I know that is dishonest, but the banks really wouldn't know. >> the banks don't take that loss. they give that roll out in change to some local businessman and HE takes the loss. Only a dime, but a theft is a theft is a theft. So no I wouldn't do it. Now ... have you?

Ok, so I am being totally honest when I say this. I have intentionally not replaced a keeper, roughly 1 out of every 10 or so. I have not and have no intentions of taking 1 dime out of a roll just to make 10c.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
fistfulladirt said:
I've never counted a roll of dimes. I've searched $150,000+. I do replace the silver, but I know some rolls are short, and some are over.

Yeah, when I get rolls I don't count or check every roll to see if it is right. I give the rolls back as the banks give them too me. (minus any silver and other possible keepers)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Yeah, when I get rolls I don't count or check every roll to see if it is right. I give the rolls back as the banks give them too me. (minus any silver and other possible keepers)

I don't know why there is so much hate...

Really? You don't understand that defrauding the bank/the next recipient is wrong? STOP with this practice of not replacing the keepers. It is greed to think you can take without replacing. And your the same person that wants to open a coin store when you grow older. Think these decisions that you make today will make up your moral fabric of your being. Your young. Take a long look in the mirror and decide who you want to be. A man with integrity or one who is content with defrauding others.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'm not going to count every coin in every roll I get to make sure it is all there. I will replace keepers from all of my rolls for now on, but it won't bother me one bit if I return rolls with what they had in them. I would not lose one bit of sleep over it. That is just me. Disagree, click the ignore button, I don't care that is all your own personal choice. I am totally straight up honest. I highly doubt I am the only on the CRH forum that occasionally doesn't replace a keeper though.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm glad that since your reply @ 6:40 am and your reply @ 7:08 am, you have seen the error in your ways. You have a choice in doing the right thing, and you have chosen to do so.

No one expects you to verify the count of every single roll. But everyone expects if a coin is kept from a roll then it is replaced with a coin. It is really simple. This hobby can be very profitable by obtaining silver at FV. No one thinks it right to obtain silver for free.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why there is so much hate...

Because it's stealing, you stick someone else with it, and you make the banks upset? How about that?

There have been several instances in the last month or so where teens on this site have made very bad decisions in the long run in the hopes of short term gain. Not understanding risks and consequences is all a part of development, but it can be frustrating for others.

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading some of the replies I wonder what else some of you would steal!! No wonder this country is in the shape it's in. Is there no honor or self respect left?

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading some of the replies I wonder what else some of you would steal!! No wonder this country is in the shape it's in. Is there no honor or self respect left?

This can be pretty much defined as Younger -V- Older generations. I am not saying everybody in every category it just seems that if you step back and really look at the the posts
there is a clear and defining line being drawn in the proverbial sand.....

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
The reason we post threads is to get feedback. I posted this thread to get feedback (positive or negative) to see what you guys thought. I value everyone's opinion and take it into consideration, but when people attack others for their opinions is when the forum goes downhill. We're on here to share finds and ideas. If I didn't want advice I wouldn't be on here.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason we post threads is to get feedback. I posted this thread to get feedback (positive or negative) to see what you guys thought. I value everyone's opinion and take it into consideration, but when people attack others for their opinions is when the forum goes downhill. We're on here to share finds and ideas. If I didn't want advice I wouldn't be on here.

You didn't post this thread for advice, it would appear that you posted it to stir up the so called "Pot". Parents do this all the time, it is called disciplining the child.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
FreedomUIC said:
You didn't post this thread for advice, it would appear that you posted it to stir up the so called "Pot". Parents do this all the time, it is called disciplining the child.

Ok, well I asked questions for other's opinions too. You can think what you want though, and I am confused by your last statement, "parents do this all the time, it is called discipling the child."

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, well I asked questions for other's opinions too. You can think what you want though, and I am confused by your last statement, "parents do this all the time, it is called discipling the child."

In reference to those posts that were negative..........

By the way, weren't you supposed to be on a road trip all day today?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how you do in Sandy's wake.

You should really be doing Metal detecting on the beaches once the storm settles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread