Be honest now...

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
How many of you don't replace your silver dimes? Come on now, I occasionally don't do it if I forget to buy some loose ones or don't have any replacement dimes. How many of you have thought of or take a dime out of each roll to make some money back? I know that is dishonest, but the banks really wouldn't know. I haven't done it, and I don't plan on doing it, but it just came to mind.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I replace anything I take out for the simple reason that if they happen to take a roll out and count it in front of you ( and they have done this to me before) and the roll is short, guess what, they are going to push the box back at you and refuse it ( mine are allways right) and probably not trust you to dump there after that, not worth the extra coin you got to keep for sure, just sayin. HH. Maverick.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I don't know why there is so much hate...

Because you admit you are a thief! You are doing something legally and morally wrong, and when we say it is wrong, you don't understand the "hate"?? "I have intentionally not replaced a keeper, roughly 1 out of every 10 or so."

Makes me wish there was a way to ban someone from the site as punishment for the wrong you do and don't seem to CARE that you do. Youa re more concerned that we don't like it than the fact that you DO it. Amazing, - but not in a good way.

Oh, and then this one? " I am totally straight up honest." NO dude, you are NOT. You are a THIEF. It may only be a dime here and a dime there, but you are a thief. Purposely stealing by not replacing what you take. Do what you want, but do NOT try to tell us you are "honest". You are not. And I think you are deluding yourself to think you are. Right is right and wrong is wrong, and you can't twist the line to say you are a thief and you are honest. Even in today's world there are many that just won't agree with that.

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the reasons I'm glad I don't find CWR's.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coppercrazy said:
I leave the Canadians the rolls all the time! All of the banks know what I do and all are fine with it.

I keep the Canadian now because it is with more than our dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Rossiter25

Jul 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what the kid makes 10 cents here and there. Just REMEMBER your a sinner to. WOW you guys are emotional.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what the kid makes 10 cents here and there. Just REMEMBER your a sinner to. WOW you guys are emotional.

Not emotional, passionate. And what CC is impling will make it much tougher on our hobby then it already is.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea, let's all do bad things because other people do bad things. And then when we're done doing bad things, we can go talk about them and pray really hard and it will all be OK!!! Because that's how the system is supposed to work!!!

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better be happy kevinbomb hasn't seen this thread yet.

Rossiter25

Jul 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
accordselux said:
Yea, let's all do bad things because other people do bad things. And then when we're done doing bad things, we can go talk about them and pray really hard and it will all be OK!!! Because that's how the system is supposed to work!!!

Sorry saint

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry saint

No, not a saint.

You're just exhibiting horrible logic. "So what if someone steals?" you say. "Other people do bad things, so it's OK for him to do bad things too". Because, you know, other people's bad behavior means your own bad behavior is acceptable. We just need to let him steal, because we've all done something bad in our lives once. And then the use of the word sinning evokes the idea that people can be as bad as they want, as long as they seek forgiveness in the end, which is definitely not the point of that whole concept.

If he shorts all the dimes, it is stealing. He steals from the bank, he steals from the people that will get those rolls from the bank, and he steals our hobby from us when banks start cutting off CWR's and CRHers because people are being dishonest.

I waited in a line for 4 hours last weekend. At one point, a whole group of people cut in front of me. I had the same opportunity to cut, but I didn't, because it's not right. Neither did a lot of other people, because they knew it wasn't right.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
accordselux said:
No, not a saint.

You're just exhibiting horrible logic. "So what if someone steals?" you say. "Other people do bad things, so it's OK for him to do bad things too". Because, you know, other people's bad behavior means your own bad behavior is acceptable. We just need to let him steal, because we've all done something bad in our lives once. And then the use of the word sinning evokes the idea that people can be as bad as they want, as long as they seek forgiveness in the end, which is definitely not the point of that whole concept.

If he shorts all the dimes, it is stealing. He steals from the bank, he steals from the people that will get those rolls from the bank, and he steals our hobby from us when banks start cutting off CWR's and CRHers because people are being dishonest.

I waited in a line for 4 hours last weekend. At one point, a whole group of people cut in front of me. I had the same opportunity to cut, but I didn't, because it's not right. Neither did a lot of other people, because they knew it wasn't right.

Are you and many others not getting the fact that I don't short rolls? Only like 4 times did I ever short a roll. So that's 40c. I don't short rolls anymore at all.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
And now we wonder why the banks never want our dumps...........

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always replace. Perhaps it is the "southern raising" or just good common sense. Either way, I would have a guilt complex cheating anyone--including a bank. Some day I will have to meet my "Maker" and that is the last thing I want on St. Peter's book--apush cheated someone by 10 cents. Good Heavens! I have done a lot worse than cheat someone out of a dime. Want to avoid all the "sins" I can.

I like to believe in the concept of "good karma." This was passed down to me by another CRH on this forum. I do believe in the Golden Rule. Just my way of thinking.
apush

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Still don't get it, do you? "not getting the fact that I don't short rolls? Only like 4 times did I ever short a roll" So if you only do it four times, that means you don't do it? HUH?

First it was once every ten coins. Then only four times. But botht hose mean you don't do it. Sorry - that is you rationalizing it and trying to dig yourself out of a hole. Just admit you do it, realize it was wrong, and don't do it again. Don't get mad at US, but admit you were wrong. Many, incuding myself, will cut you MUCH more slack if you know it was wrong versus if you keep saying you don't do it while telling us why you do it, how you do it, and how often you do it.

Make sense? :-)

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't short the rolls dude.. Nothing but bad karma and thievery.. I am a firm believer that if you consistently strive for morality and honesty in every aspect of your life, the more gifts will come to you..

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
jrf30 said:
Still don't get it, do you? "not getting the fact that I don't short rolls? Only like 4 times did I ever short a roll" So if you only do it four times, that means you don't do it? HUH?

First it was once every ten coins. Then only four times. But botht hose mean you don't do it. Sorry - that is you rationalizing it and trying to dig yourself out of a hole. Just admit you do it, realize it was wrong, and don't do it again. Don't get mad at US, but admit you were wrong. Many, incuding myself, will cut you MUCH more slack if you know it was wrong versus if you keep saying you don't do it while telling us why you do it, how you do it, and how often you do it.

Make sense? :-)

Yeah like 4 times because I have only found around 40 silver dimes. I'm just saying it is completely possible to do it even though it is wrong. I won't do it anymore. I don't short rolls anymore in the past I might have though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread