Beale Ciphers, KGC NUMBER Code...?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, 15 words sounds about correct...

That's what I thought...I also thought that 'COMERETRIBUTION' was the Last Key Used.

I don't know if franklin meant his post Literally by saying the Last code word used or that was just the way he wrote it? He also didn't include Bluff... I don't know if that meant they Dropped 'Bluff' from the key or not.

Hopefully some combination of those words help you out! lol!

Maybe franklin will say what he thought.

Kace

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This site contains a long list of keywords utilized by the Confederacy:
Confederate Ciphers during the Civil War: Various Vigenere Keywords
In addition to these, CSA Sec of State used an English language copy of Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS as a book code, and CSA Sec of War Gen John C Breckinridge used a tobacco grade book knowing the Yankees could never even begin to understand how these different grades of tobacco related to a military message.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
This site contains a long list of keywords utilized by the Confederacy:
Confederate Ciphers during the Civil War: Various Vigenere Keywords
In addition to these, CSA Sec of State used an English language copy of Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS as a book code, and CSA Sec of War Gen John C Breckinridge used a tobacco grade book knowing the Yankees could never even begin to understand how these different grades of tobacco related to a military message.
GREAT info, THANKS!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confederate Vigenere Table in "Job Print"? Letters for Numbers? Hmmm...

Should the Beale Papers story be true then the DOI would be the "KEY" As it states he left the "KEY" not keys? Also since the DOI is the "KEY" it is rearranged either by counting or starting at a different word or paragraph or from the end to the beginning instead of the beginning to the end. Or he could have simply used the signatures for C3 as it had to do with the names of his associates? Don't know there is a starting point somewhere in the DOI, if the story was a true story.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Agree that DOI was "KEY"; it was aimed at "King Abe" for the CONFEDERATE WAR... MORE later.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Interesting, it is... that PV had a BIG copy of the 1863 CSA Civil Engineer MAP in his closet, where he wrote his books/articles... MORE later.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, it is... that PV had a BiG copy of the 1863 CSA Civil Engineer MAP in his closet, where he wrote his books/articles... MORE later.

They have copies of those maps in most libraries or genealogy libraries. I saw all of General Jeremy Gilmer Maps in Danville Library.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That map is in the Bedford, Va. city library...

There are two different ones. One is by General Jeremy Gilmer. The other one I can't remember. But they are basically the same.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
DYK? Gen. Jubal Early, CSA was "assisted" in becoming KGC by Gen. John Anthony Quitman, CSA at a battle in Pa. JAQ was KGC in the in the U.S. Army during the Mexican War... AND! High-Ranking Scottish Rite Freemason. Why THIS is important, will be revealed LATER... has to do with Lynchburg, Va.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm... JAQ died in 1858, so it COULDN'T have been him; gotta do more R&I. ANYWAY, Jubal Early was KGC and a lawyer ln Lynchburg, Va. after the Confederate War; could read & understand Vattel's Law of Nations.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... JAQ died in 1858, so it COULDN'T have been him; gotta do more R&I. ANYWAY, Jubal Early was KGC and a lawyer ln Lynchburg, Va. after the Confederate War; could read & understand Vattel's Law of Nations.

Jubal Early also sat on the right hand of the throne of Emperor Maxmillan of Mexico.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1858 or so, wasn't it...?

Actually after the War. He was also one of the people that judged the Lottery Drawing for New Orleans and was paid $4,000. a year just to show up once a year to judge the drawing and confirm that it was legal and above boards. Quite a distinction.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
He ALWAYS had his FIRST cuppa of "Joe" EVERY AM at the Arlington Hotel before work (Lawyer).

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He ALWAYS had his FIRST cuppa of "Joe" EVERY AM at the Arlington Hotel before work (Lawyer).

I went to the his home that they were fixing it up for a museum or something. I was searching for a kettle of gold he was reported to have hidden up in the mountains near his home. I later found out his grandfather Old Jub was the one that hid the kettle of gold. i found the copper mine it was hidden in but it had been blown in by his grandfather with the slaves entombed inside. I wrote a story on it for Treasure Magazine. I think they have a statue or memorial out beside the road for his horse?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread