R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Washington INN was M's home at the HEAD of Main Street of Lynchburg; NOTHING remains. Where did "M" die in 1863...?

At the home of his niece, Anzoletta Saunders.

T

Treasures2Find

Anyone who understands context knows who the writer was referring to when he said, "Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and a host of others scarcely less distinguished..."
See the words, "Distinguished..." "First men of the country." The context makes it clear that he was not referring to people known only to those living in the tiny town of Lynchburg.
It's no wonder that some people can't see past their nose, when they won't read a piece as it is written.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Rev Charles Green Clay (12/24/1745- 02/08/1820)
Col Issac Coles (03/02/1747-06/03/1813}
Major William Witcher (1737-1803)
Chief John Marshall (09/24/1755-07/06/1835)…
Andrew Jackson
A little basic research beyond your nose will reveal these were distinguished "first men of the country" at that time period before the alleged "Beale visits", AND all with a connection to Lynchburg, and possibly where known and entertained by the real Robert Morris.
*NOTE* The 1885 BEALE PAMPHLET was written for and only marketed to those in Lynchburg and the surrounding area.

Last edited:
T

Treasures2Find

You should not let the fear that someone is going to believe in something that you don't like, keep you from looking objectively at the text.
You not only misunderstand the text, you also misunderstand what I posted. What I posted has nothing to do with whether or not the story is true, or that Beale was a real person. I know that's what you fear.
My post is purely about the men referred to in the text, and the context makes it clear. So don't be afraid, because this is not going to take people in a direction that you don't want them to go.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
My post was about the men referred to in the Beale story, and why these names were mentioned.
Max Guggenheimer, the only living person mentioned when the pamphlet was placed on sale, was also mentioned for the same reason.
It seems that you misunderstand the true context of why these men were mentioned, it is not I that is afraid nor do I lead people in any direction, I just post facts and let the chips fall will they may.
With that said, who do you think are the distinguished men named in the story, and why they were mentioned.
Keep in mind that Rowland Buford was contacted by an angry Witcher descendant about his grandfather being mentioned in the story to sell pamphlets, AND after that contact, Buford addressed the situation with his cousin's husband, James Beverly Ward, and the BEALE PAPERS were pulled from sale.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that Rowland Buford was contacted by an angry Witcher descendant about his grandfather being mentioned in the story to sell pamphlets, AND after that contact, Buford addressed the situation with his cousin's husband, James Beverly Ward, and the BEALE PAPERS were pulled from sale.

Do you have anything to back this statement up? I did not think so?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Do you have anything to back this statement up? I did not think so?
Franklin, Franklin, Franklin, you are well aware that I have answered this same old question of yours many times over on these TN Beale threads, and you even confirmed it once with a link to a letter that mentioned all three of Pascal Buford's children.
So to answer you for the last time, YES.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, Franklin, Franklin, you are well aware that I have answered this same old question of yours many times over on these TN Beale threads, and you even confirmed it once with a link to a letter that mentioned all three of Pascal Buford's children.
So to answer you for the last time, YES.

No if I remember correctly you said it was in your notes and you had to find it. I do not think Roland contacted James Beverly Ward and asked him to take his pamphlet off sale by a Witcher descendant or anyone else?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

No if I remember correctly you said it was in your notes and you had to find it. I do not think Roland contacted James Beverly Ward and asked him to take his pamphlet off sale by a Witcher descendant or anyone else?
"Rowland Buford...most likely was the one that ordered James B Ward to stop selling "The Job Print Pamphlet"- Franklin December 15,2016 Treasurenet Beale thread "Now That I Have Decoded Beale Papers" POST#327
On another thread you posted a link to angelfire.com :
"ONE LETTER, ONE ENCLOSURE
SUBJECT; THE BEALE TREASURE
Which, in addition to Rowland Buford, mentions that his sisters, Margaret l and Anne, also were not pleased with the mentions in the Beale Papers.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see how you support your claims of your research by using second hand posters information such as my own. Great. you are doing great.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, I posted that to help you remember correctly a reply you made confirming to my posting of the Rowland Buford contact by Vincent Witcher about the Beale Papers.
I don't believe you want to play the insult "how you support your claims of research" game.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, I posted that to help you remember correctly a reply you made confirming to my posting of the Rowland Buford contact by Vincent Witcher about the Beale Papers.
I don't believe you want to play the insult "how you support your claims of research" game.

OK So you do not have any proof is that what you are saying? You always jump on me for proof, now is the time for you to put up.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As you always tell me and others that question your "facts", the information is out there, "do your own research", or another one of your greatest hits, "you always want others to do your research for you", and the always popular, "I know what I know".
Time to practice what you preach, Franklin.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same goes for you>>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread