Beale Ciphers, KGC NUMBER Code...?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Now then, could "Clay"... mentioned in the "Job Print" have been Clement C. Clay, CSA/KGC agent in Canada...?

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea of the timeline regarding this passage? "This house he conducted for many years, enjoying the friendship and countenance of the first men of the country. Amongst his guests and devoted personal friends Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and a host of others scarcely less distinguished, might be enumerated"

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Henry Clay Sr. (April 12, 1777 – June 29, 1852) was an American attorney and statesman who represented Kentucky in both the United States Senate and United States House of Representatives, served as seventh speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, and served as the ninth U.S. secretary of state. He received electoral votes for president in the 1824, 1832, and 1844 presidential elections and helped found both the National Republican Party and the Whig Party. For his role in defusing sectional crises, he earned the appellation of the "Great Compromiser."

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea of the timeline regarding this passage? "This house he conducted for many years, enjoying the friendship and countenance of the first men of the country. Amongst his guests and devoted personal friends Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and a host of others scarcely less distinguished, might be enumerated"

[FONT="]
[/FONT]

I believe that was embellished into the story to make it look like the story really happened. I can not say for sure whether the Beale Treasure is just a story or whether it is real. I have found no evidence of the two trips out to Sante Fe. I have found two brothers in Bedford County that had a timeline that seemed as though they were investingating and trying to find the letter in St. Louis. One was in 1862, the year that Robert Morris passed away. Then again after the Civil War was over the other brother went to St. Louis. This last brother had paid for his other brother to make the first trip. Then he borrowed money from this brother to make his trip. Sounded like he was not satisfied and wanted to check it out for himself. He passed away within a year after the trip. They both had dealings and business with James Beverly Ward. Robert Morris died in their back yard. Other than that and finding where Robert Morris died and James Beverly Wards plantation Hunter's Hill where Robert Morris' wife Sarah died. Not much for over 55 years work. I forgot to mention I believe I found the cemetery at Hunter's Hill but the land owner would not let the State Archeologist in to investigate. That is all I have found in a lifetime of searching.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Any idea of the timeline regarding this passage? "This house he conducted for many years, enjoying the friendship and countenance of the first men of the country. Amongst his guests and devoted personal friends Jackson, Clay, Coles, Witcher, Chief Justice Marshall, and a host of others scarcely less distinguished, might be enumerate"
All had connections to Lynchburg.
Rev Charles Green Clay (12/24/1745- 02/08/1820)
Col Issac Coles (03/02/1747-06/03/1813}
Major William Witcher (1737-1803)
Chief John Marshall (09/24/1755-07/06/1835)
Andrew Jackson, for whom James Beverly Risqué and Pascal Buford held a banquet in Lynchburg, Risqué having served under Jackson during the Battle of New Orleans and the Florida Campaign was hoping to received an appointment in the Florida Territorial Government.
The reference of "this house" makes the time period pre Beale visit, the exception being the Jackson mention.

*NOTE* Three of James Beverly Ward's children, two daughters and son, moved to the panhandle of Florida, in an area that their great grandfather Risqué served along side with Davy Crockett under Andrew Jackson during the Florida Campaign.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
They were the "distinguished" guests whose names would be locally known to the pamphlet buyers in Lynchburg,

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well whatever; it sucks seeing the Beale Threads die off. I will try to offer whatever to keep Reb and Franklin engaged lol rather than just reading people's posts....there is still lots of addition or subtraction to weed through to prove or disprove these various topic.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Read Peter Viemeister's book...CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVER-UP: Duty, Honor, & Deceit. ALL for VMI... TWO "lost" treasures, Beale Treasure, & CSA Treasury for state of Virginia; HA!

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, just below your name in the Washington Hotel register. :wink:

Wouldn't it be nice to find those old Washington Inn registers at the homesite where Robert Morris died. I got to get up there sometime and look around.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wouldn't it be nice to find those old Washington Inn registers at the homesite where Robert Morris died. I got to get up there sometime and look around.
Washington INN was M's home at the HEAD of Main Street of Lynchburg; NOTHING remains. Where did "M" die in 1863...?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The Arlington (formerly Washington HOTEL) still exists as apts in that building (private) on Court Street near the old Court House (now a museum).

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well whatever; it sucks seeing the Beale Threads die off. I will try to offer whatever to keep Reb and Franklin engaged lol rather than just reading people's posts....there is still lots of addition or subtraction to weed through to prove or disprove these various topic.
GO FOR IT!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
beale-cipher-solved-600dpi.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread