BENT TREES, CARVINGS, & METAL CLUES

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: BENT TREES, CARVINGS, & METAL CLUES

Hi Clue: I would love to come there & visit,but, it would be next spring before I could make the trip,,will you still be there then?
Also,, & Im not trying to get off subject here,, I read on another forum where they were discussing Bent Tree's ,that, there are alot of kids involved in trying to find/Locate these bent Tree's at Hobb's, Could they be in Danger of Booby traps,explosives etc?
I believe that you know what you are talking about where these tree's are concerned,, I would be very worried about the safety of innocent children running around close to any suspected KGC treasure Trove since they would be Totally unaware of the Danger involved. It would be Sad to See anyone get Hurt! Guess I better Shutup now.

Les

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

Les.......I've never been to Hobbs. Others have not discussed the specific carvings, or clues with me. The carvings, and clues would disclose the danger, if any. Nevertheless, any time one is involved with the treasure trail trees, KGC carvings, and clues, it would be logical to educate oneself about the various death trap symbols.

A good reference source is Kenworthy's book about "Spanish" deathtraps.

Innocents have run around the trees and carvings for years. The real danger appears to be in attempting to find, and remove the booty. If one is engaged in efforts to find and remove the goodies, one should be doing so with contractual permission.

Around some parts of the country, trespassers could vanish. The experienced folks get permission in writing. Some buy the sites outright.

Again, Les, I wouldn't be worried about innocent children, playing around treasure trail trees..........I will still be in the area for quite some time. (God willing) ....If you can't come sooner, I'll see you in the spring!
Clueman

TrailRunner

Sep 23, 2007
Arkansas

I have seen many bent trees and rock carvings in an area where I do a lot of hiking. An author named Patti Rush that lives near there has even written a great book about it called "The River". She writes of visiting many interesting locations around that area and includes some great historical accounts. I also heard there were some rock carvings near the small town of Ozark. Does anyone know where these can be seen?

TrailRunner

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

Trailrunner

The bent trees, KGC carvings, and clues are in many locations across Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma as well as other states. I have heard that Patti's book is a good read, but I don't yet have a copy.

Where did you get "The River" ? Was it expensive?

I'll bet someone at the local store has heard of the carvings in Ozark.
Maybe Patti Rush, or one of her associates can take you to see them.

You may still get contacted by a treasurenet viewer that can get you to the carvings in your area. (Ozark, Ar.).....I wish you success in your research.

Clueman

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004

The big one here has been retrieved,
but there are many smaller ones still
available. If you have ever seen the
KGC template, you will know what I
am talking about. I have too much
locally to get involved in this.
Howso

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoaaaaa!!!! Albert,, Don't Jump in And Leave us Hanging & wondering, Come on Back here,Lets talk,,we are Friendly here ,,Tell us more about the KGC Template,, Does the Template have anything to do with the Lines running in all directions from Washington D.C.? Or is it a different Template? Are there any KGC sites in extreme Southern Illinois? Id bet there are!!
Les

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

Albert....Clueman here......."the big one here has been retrieved" the big one where?
Ozark, Redding? Cass? Which "big one" ? When does your information say the "big one" was removed? Where does your information say the "big one" was?

"I have too much locally to get involved with this"...... Albert , what is it you have too much of? ...... If you can't get involved, why post? Where again are you? Are you a Steward? Do you know the "key" as discussed in "Jessee James Was One Of His Names" ?

Les.........the "overlay, or template has been printed in old issues of treasure magazines.......it can also be seen in the latter half of Bob Brewers book "Shadow of the Sentinel".

As told before, the bent trail trees establish the grid. They are in EVERY STATE, as well as Mexico, Canada, Scotland, France and elsewhere. The presence of the "hoot -owl", or trail trees is proof of the site as KGC. To the educated, the trail trees tell the grid, and help pinpoint the clues, and carvings. By the way, the Stewards, and others active in our government know.

Les..the site you were posting, and discussing IS a KGC site. You know exactly where a couple of great Sites are in Southern Illinois.

If you want to see some bent trees, KGS carvings, and metal clues, contact me at www.sunsetridgeresort.com. A stay here is worth it!

Clueman

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

Sorry..My typing stinks..the second to last sentence obviously should have been KGC carvings, not KGS..

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004

Clueman-on Sept 30, you mentioned
Eureka Springs and since I am familar
with the name, I decided to take a
quick look at it. I am a Dowser and
the big one was above the deep V
in 62. There are no streets in the
immediate vicinity. It is probably
a wooded area. It's raining in
Mississippi and there is nothing
going on here at this time.
Howso

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI Clue: Guess Albert don't wanna talk about it, im just curious, I had never heard of the Kgc before I came to Treasure net, im not even hunting for any KGC stuff since I know anything about it? I Have seen alot of carvings, Weird stuff here in the Hills of Southern Illinois, I use to hunt Ginseng with my Dad & Grandfather, we have probably been in most Hill's woods,Bluff's,Hollers around our area, & I have seen those bent tree's here & there ,wish I could remember where all of the ones ive seen sat, I know ive seen a bunch in this area,,,at the time I didn't know what they were or how they got that way,all my grandfather ever told me about the bent tree's was that they were markers,he did grin when I ask him about them??, maybe Southern Illinois is where a big Cache is at Since No one ever speaks or talks of any around here? It would make sense,,
the area I was speaking of where the overhang is with the Cross & all those peoples intials carved into the underside of the overhang is interesting,,Back years & years ago alot of people were digging in that area in the ground there for Gold, there is no natural gold here in our ground that I know of, someone had heard there was gold buried there, But, The Tale I know of & believe to be true,,the gold isn't buried, in the ground. ,,But maybe they could have been looking for something that I don't know of? My Grandfather was the Person that told me people were digging in that area, he took folks back & forth across the river there at that time in his Boat. Charged them 5 cents a head!! That was around 1912 after they move to illinois from Missouri,.
I do know at one time there Was a Marker,the huge two rocks standing upright with one long flat oval rock across the top of them,, it sat in the woods on level ground by the river there, It Marked something Important I know,,in todays world it would take heavy equipment to put those rocks like that, all I could see in them was a Giant Rock doorway to nowhere? That marker is gone now,but, I know where it sat, I believe the 1993 Flood of the mississippi took them down when big muddy river started to drop after the mississippi crested, after the flood waters dropped, I returned there to take pics of the rocks with three of my cousins,we looked all over, the uprights were gone, No sign of them anywhere!! Yeah,, Stonehenge in southern Illinois was gone<G>. ive never seen anything else around anywhere like that formation of rocks,,except at Stonehenge, They were for sure put there by some group of people, I guess it will always be a mystery,? That Place is Snake Heaven also,,bad area for Cottonmouths,Copperheads ,Rattlers
Les

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites

Do you mean this template? Pretty useless if you ask me. Keep in mind the Indians and a few others also used the "bent trees" to mark trails and not trails to treasure. Not everything out there is KGC.

Attachments

• template resized.JPG
    template resized.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 3,348
OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

Alec......That is indeed a template. It is, as you say, pretty useless to most. Some would say it is everything.

Many Indians were also members of the KGC, remember Stand Watie, the Confederate General, and Indian Chief. Many Indians of course were not members. (Those were the "Pins" that he wanted to kill) Look up Stand Watie, and the war with the Pins. You can easily find documentation of his KGC membership, and the war with the Pins.

I agree that some bent trees are not KGC. Some bent trees are natural. Many were also shaped by original settlers that were not Indian.

Of course members of the Indians probably did not shape the trees in Scotland, Ireland, England, France, Canada, Mexico and also in the US . If they did, they were traveling Indians.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

That is one of four different ones I have copies of. They are all about the same, just a few variations here and there. When I said I thought it was pretty useless I was talking in general and not that there are people that don’t know how to use it. I personally don’t think the template will lead anybody to treasure, even if you “adjust” it.

I’m not a big believer in the KGC conspiracy theory that they were all over the world and had tons of gold and silver that they put in the ground. The research I have done does not indicate they had anywhere near the kind of funds that people say they had nor do I think they were as organized or as large as is popularly talked about. I don’t think the group had the logistic skills or manpower to do bury tons of gold and silver in the fashion that they were supposed to have buried even if they could have gotten their hands on that much gold and silver.

Any ideas as to where all that money supposedly came from?

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

Alec: I'm sorry the template isn't working for you. Have you really followed the trail trees, and clues, and the carvings, and found NOTHING?. I wish you more success in the future.

As far as funding .....if you are asking for speculation, you deserve the answers you get....Do your own research....
Some say potential sources were
: Confederate Treasury
Funds from Foreign Governments
that funded the South's cause
(English, French, Spanish&More)
Proceeds from Stand Waties 18 months of raids
that occured after the war was "over"
Proceeds from Dues paid in by the est600,000 members
Proceeds from the robberies of various
members during and after the war.
Proceed from Insurance fraud against Yankee Co.s
Proceeds from the Spanish Treasures and Pirate Treasures
that KGC agents HUNTED and FOUND.
Proceeds from robbing the Government in every concievable way.
Proceeds from their Mining activities in Calif's gold rush.
Proceeds from the Gold fields of Georgia
Proceed from French Treasures they Hunted and Found
Proceeds from their activities in other Countries.

Did you really believe Jesse and Albert did it all alone?

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

You seem to take the same stand as the “big boys” do about the KGC. You state that “some say” this is where the funds came from but there is no proof of any of the “sources” of money. How does anyone know the KGC HUNTED for and FOUND other treasures? How much money did the members of the KGC have that they could pay those “dues”? Most people in the late 1800s were doing good just to eat. Insurance fraud, mining activities, etc? Again, most people were doing good just to eat back then. Do you really think 600,000 people decided they would work their butts off to give money to “the cause” but not take care of their families?

What about after the war and the 600,000 members, why didn’t any of them recover any of the supposed large treasures? Loyalty? According to J. Frank Dalton he was one of the last few of the KGC to still be alive, what would keep the relatives or the rest of the 100 year old members from digging up their own fortunes?

I have done A LOT of my own research on the amounts of money available, the type of organization the KGC was and I stress WAS, the logistics involved in hiding the supposed millions of dollars in gold and silver and laying down the alleged elaborate clue system that the templates are supposed to go to. There is no proof anywhere that this ever happened or was even possible. You took the easy way out by saying “some say”. I have heard others say they have the proof but “it’s secret”. These are the types of things the believers in the KGC billions always say but they never seem to recover one of these fabulous “depositories”. Why is that? Were a bunch of guys from the 1800s smarter than everybody in the present? You are wondering around the country side looking at bent trees and metal trash based on the ramblings of a couple of con men (Dalton & Houk).

I don’t believe Jesse was even part of the KGC. He was a murdering thief out for his own glory and entertainment.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi guys: Im thinking that one reason a person has trouble finding info through research is because the KGC was a Secret Society of People,grouped together for a cause, I wouldn't think they were broadcasting that they had Millions of Dollars Hidden away, a person probably won't find any info on the net that will lead them to a Cache site unless someone has found one & Shares info,or, you happen to stumble onto one,,
Hi Alec: Where did that Template come from? Are you saying it is Mis information or that no one alive knows how to use it? I would think that there would be different Templates, One for each Cache Location, if, the ,,Deposit,, was big enough,, you would think that the KGC would create a Template for each, none, being the same Template,, maybe this is why they are so hard to find? Just my Opinion & I don't know anything about this stuff!! but it makes sense,,
I just read Jesse was one of his names & Im still confused,can't remember half of the stuff I read,,it's just to much to remember for me in one reading,but if what is in that Book is true, Jesse was a very Busy guy, I find alot of the stuff in the book hard to believe that any One Human being could get around that much back in those days,,but,,also I do Believe some of it is true, I do Believe there were several vaults hidden,but who knows if the contents are still there? Id guess the only way to find out is to try & find one.
Myself,,when I get time to research, I spend it mostly researching Two Different Cache locations that I Know for sure are really there to be found, these are not KGC. At least I don't believe they are,,
To me Actual Proof of a Cache location is enough to spend the time looking.
One thing is (The Proof) Of a Cache site is Different in the eyes of the beholder,proof to one person may not be enough proof to another,,for instance,,,,The Proof of one of the locations that Im researching concerns a Barn with the name of the Farm over the hallway of this barn,it's simple,but to me,it Proves that My Cache is really there since the barn is really there & for sure did have the name of the Farm over the hallway just like I was told,this Barn is Gone now,& has been for 40 years,, but,, I researched, talked to old folks & found where it sat,the people that named this barn lived over 200 miles away,the only way they could have known this barn existed ,is, if they had been there & seen the writing over the hallway,So, since I know this ,,I believe the Cache Is hidden where they said it was,,it is part of directions I have to find the Cache,But, It Still hasn't been easy to Find with 100 year old directions!! I know that is probably confusing as heck to you since you don't know the story about it,, im not worried about giving out info ,,the Cache is still in the ground,if somwone finds it ,all I have lost is some time,,
just like Clueman's Bent Tree's,, there is Proof,there are bent Tree's with markings, KGC carvings,intials Etc. That Is enough for him to Believe there is a Cache site Closeby. Those markings probably were put there by KGC,if not Why are there KGC Markings on them? That to me is Confusing because I haven't researched what he is looking for,,I know nothing about it,So I can't say I don't Believe it to be true,,Anyways It is Interesting.
Albert It's raining here to, I would like to know more about KGC Stuff, There are Bent tree's around here,but, Ive never checked any to see if they had markings on them,,I never knew to look until recently.
Les

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

Les,

Actually, the KGC wasn’t that secret of an organization. They use to have rallies trying to get people to join. These weren’t secret rallies, they were held in the open and advertised for people to come and hear the speakers. This doesn’t sound like a very big “secret” to me.

I’ve collected several things on the KGC over the last several years and the templates are some of what I have. I’m not sure of the actual origin of the template but I believe the first one was probably released (more than likely sold) to someone by Orvus Lee Houk, Jesse Lee James III from the black book. A lot of my research does not come from the Internet but from actual documents and papers including period books and articles along with University research materials. I would agree with you that one template would should work for every site. This would be stupid on their part and would not follow the super secret ways. It is my opinion that no one alive can work the template because the template does not work. It’s a fabrication based on another treasure story.

The black book is an interesting read but that is about it. The majority of the information in the book can be proven false in very little time with the internet. At the time the book was written Houk didn’t think anyone could research the BS he was putting in the book.

I wish you luck on your quest, following clues is following clues as long as they are actual clues. It sounds as though you have done your research, Keep at it.

As for one man’s proof not being another’s, again, I would agree to a point. This brings us back to clues are clues and the rest is junk. The problem I have is the kind of statements you make about KGC carvings and clues. You are assuming they are KGC markings because someone has said they are KGC. My question would be; what makes them KGC marks and not the marks of some outlaw?

The KGC had some very specific markings they left at there sites that let others in the group know it was a KGC site. (This is pretty much standard with any group be it outlaw, the KGC Spaniards, French, etc.) I have yet to see anyone that thinks they are on a KGC trail talk about these marks. Maybe they know what the marks are and just aren’t saying but I’m pretty sure there aren’t very many people that know what a KGC mark actually looks like. You can’t make the facts fit a theory, the theory has to fit the facts, otherwise you’re just making stuff up to make yourself feel better about not knowing what you are doing. This is the problem with the supposed KGC gurus, they find something, like buried junk and then make it fit where they want so their theories sound correct.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Alec: I can see your point, & yes I do not know what im am doing where KGC Stuff is concerned,,this is why I stated that I spend my research time on things that I know some history on,& have checked out myself,, I do Believe Clue Knows what he is speaking of in the Bent Tree's on his Property,,He,,Has seen the Markings,,I Haven't, so, I guess I should not have stated that they were in fact KGC Since I don't know myself for sure,but,He has invited folks to come & see them,so, I think He Probably Knows they are KGC related in some way,as for any Treasure assoiated with them,, It Could have already been found ya know,I figure it has,,,,But,, We Don't know That Either,I would not blame anyone for not showing the goodies, I would like to go & see those tree's myself,just to see them,check them out,,but,,not to hunt for anything in that area,,it is Clues Site!!
Les

S

Smee

Clueman said:
By the way, the Stewards, and others active in our government know.

Sir, or Madam . . . You are an idiot! How do you dream these things up? I am not, nor have I ever, been a government spy, a revenuer, or any thing of that ilk. I have, however, been in trouble with the law when the Arkansas State Police covered up my brother-in-law's murder to protect a politician's secretary's son. Being at odds with Bill's Arkansas State Troopers wasn't too conducive to getting a government job.

Throwing accusations around, with no foundation, shows a true lack of knowledge, or possibly an obsessive compulsive personality disorder which severely distorts the facts.

The Mountain Stewards are a group of volunteers. We get absolutely NO financial benefit from our work, and we disturb no one. We do not dig treasure. And as I said before you deleted my posts before, I do enjoy coinshooting with my detector. Parks, school yards, old homesteads.

I've seen the markings, and know personally some folks who have chased after these things. They all are poor, or died poor. No one ever found enough to make it big, or even get by on.

And no one here, INCLUDING YOU, can prove that these caches exist. Pipe dreams. Probably a maintenance man at the lodge. That is the kind of work my friends were doing trying to keep time free for their "treasure hunting."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread