BENT TREES, CARVINGS, & METAL CLUES

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Re: BENT TREES, CARVINGS, & METAL CLUES

Hey Rennwaggen, or Naysayer, or Mr. Negative do you believe there is burried treasure somewhere , burried by somebody? Do you believe anybody has ever found anything? Do you believe the government is going to take care of you? Do you believe Marcos lost his treasure lawsuit as a publicity scam? He was bieng sued to get 1/2 of the find returned .

This post was initiated by me, offering to show the uneducated, (ignorant), some bent trees, treasure carvings, and metal clues. Once an individual has been shown the bent trees, carvings, and metal clues, that individual is no longer ignorant. To persist in beliefs after being educated, is no longer ignorance, it is stupidity.

$$$ has been dug up by using the bent trees, interpreting the carvings, and following the clues. If, like me, you knew this to be true, you would spend your energy in a positive way. If you were objective, you would do research like Les. There is documented proof of treasures recovered.

Jewels and 1800 coins found in Mo. (I saw it on the news 7-8 years ago)
Burried Safe in OK. ( Do a search for Oklahoma treasure found) The documented "Kettle", (another OK site with the bent trees, carvings, and clues)
I'm told one of the Merimac recoveries (late 70's )was also documented. (another Missouri site with the trees, carvings, and clues).
Mr. Griffins announced Ok find .....again clues, carvings, and bent trees.

I am aware of others that did not get announced.

There are also other people who have found proof and really don't care how deep your desire is to persist in Ignorance, or stupidity. Read Shadow of the Sentineal. Maybe you can still learn. Contact Mr Griff.....and ask him if the trees, and clues, and carvings shown on his website are KGC. The KGC $$$ he dug up and the amount reported to the IRS might be diffferent, but I believe that one also......... was in the paper, and the news.

I believe that you want facts without ever researching, hunting, or working. You remind me of people that want someone else to follow the trees, decipher the carvings, analyze the clues, then dig up $$$, and give 1/2 of it to them. As I said before, I'll bet there are some who ......even if you did that for them.....would believe the treasure finder burried the $$$.

DO some research......then get out and HUNT. If you find some $$$$ and give me 1/2 I'l try not to believe you burried it to later impress me with your skill.

Clueman

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Guys: I wasn't trying to get things stirred up<G>,,,,What I was speaking of about my getting Off topic was where the Rebel Clerk's Diary is Concerned, That View of the Civil War is just one persons insight to the War,,I feel that I spent to much time reading & re reading it,looking for clues within it,I didn't find anything to important where treasure is concerned,but it was interesting,alot of info there,,
I don't have the answers or Proof you seek Either Rennwaggen,,wish I did,, Most Folks that do have Proof will not Show it to you on Open Forum, I feel that Clueman is trying to share some of his insight,,,He doesn't have to do that,,,think about it,,, He has invited Folks to his Place to see the Tree's ,Carvings,clues, etc,Im sure once there he would explain more in detail,,,Sometimes a person has to do thier own research,form thier own Opinion, This is what I am trying to Do,it is slow going ,,,,, If you Will Read Reply #12 you will see Clueman Did Not Say that All bent tree's lead to treasure,,,,,he admitted that Not all Of the Bent Tree's were KGC related,, myself I don't believe All Civil war Caches Are KGC related,,,
Those Bent Tree's We are Talking about,, I would think anyone that was out for Firewood would Leave these special tree's be,If they knew what they were,, maybe some were in fact Cut Down,Blown over etc. I hope one of the Others here can answer some of your Questions,,but (your own Research is the Key). No one here is going to research a actual Cache location & hand it over on open Forum As Proof, Documentation,Evidence,If the Goodies are still there to be found!!
Les

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites

There is a difference between bent trees and other clues and markers leading to treasure. I hate to burst your bubble but if you are referring to the safe found near Cement, Oklahoma there were no bent trees involved in locating that safe. As for the kettle, again, no bent trees involved. I beleive there were only three trees in total for the entire layout, a layout that includes more than the kettle and the safe. The trees had carvings on them and were not bent or shaped in any fashion. The majority of the clues were carvings on rock along with a few other rocks of specific shape.

"Read Shadow of the Sentineal. Maybe you can still learn."

You are kidding, right???

If you are basing your hopes of finding treasure using information from that book then I feel for you. Just about everything in that book (in my opinion) is conjecture and make believe. You might as well follow the "clues" in "Jesse James Was One of His Names". It will get you about as far as the other book, which is almost no where.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Clue: I said I would get a Pic of one of those Bent tree's for you to see,, today the Better half & I passed one of them that I know the location of,, I had her to pull over,, I took a pic with her Cell phone,,it didn't turn out to good,, but,, shows the tree pretty good other than being a little fuzzy,, im not to good with Camera's,,hope this comes through,, This Tree is in the Mississippi Bottoms in a place that Has been somewhat Cleared,,the people there did not Cut this tree as you can see!! The Tree is at the edge of thier yard. Sorry The Chicken would not go away<G> ;D
!!!!!!!.jpg Les

R

Rennwaggen

Mr. Clueman:

More Piss and Vinegar, and this time directed at the wrong person. I didn't attack you, I presented a legitimate question and observation directed at BOTH sides of the tree question. What is your problem?

"Hey Rennwaggen, or Naysayer, or Mr. Negative do you believe there is burried treasure somewhere , burried by somebody?" Look up the post "I never saw something like this before", then ask me again. I may answer if you do it nicely.

"To persist in beliefs after being educated, is no longer ignorance, it is stupidity." Thanks for the advice. You should also remember that "The definition of insanity is to do the same thing repeatedly and expect different results." Now that the cliche's are out of the way, let's get down to brass tacks.

Continued claims of "This is true" followed by not one shred of evidence does not constitute proof. Hearing about a cache being found, then attibuting it to being KGC just because of the dates on some coins is outright silly. You dug up "coins" by using the trees, that's no different than the guy with the metal detector who finds a spill where someone lost a pocketful of mercs while working on a car in Alabama. People lean against trees, things fall out of their pockets, end of story.

If you posted a pic of a template and how the trees played a part in the location of a cache, that would go a lot farther than saying: "I said it so it must be true"

I have seen your pics in this thread. Nothing in the way of signs on any of them. On the other hand, there was nothing to say that they were definitely made by Indians. And don't start with the "Indians were the KGC" until you have proof that more than a few thugs, which is what Mr. Wattie was, were involved. A thug who threw a fit and burned down the REAL chief's home and those of his supporters. Quite a temper tantrum, and not conducive to the kind of logical thinking needed to hide the billions in gold you allege.

Someone sent me a PM and said that you are associated with this "Shadow of the Sentinel" author, Bob Brewer. I know where he found his fortune. He found it in the Amazon. How do I know? I've been there. Amazon.com sells them. Are you just helping him or are you getting a cut?

I have read the reviews. One of them likened the KGC to what some might think of as Barney Fife's ancestors. You do remember Barney Fife, don't you? Much of what I have read about these folks agrees with that asessment.

Now, a truce would be more conducive to learning. Reasoning is much more adult than attacking another, isn't it?

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Guys: A person could cut the tension with a knife here,, IM a Peace keeping Person,, Lets Put that energy towards something Positive,, The Goodies ;D ;D,,
Clue,, I see the marks on your tree's even in the pic's, I don't know how to put it together,but ,that is ok with me,,, Im not trying to steal your sight!!,, every Cache location would probably be a tad different than the previous,, I feel person would just have to do the research,, spend the time to figure each different location out!!
Am I wrong on this?,,,,,,
Those carvings you posted pics of are interesting also,again, I don't know what they mean & I don't expect you to explain them here,,,,
Clue,,, In your Last tree pic,, I see a Obvious Triangle pointing to the ground & a Groove around the base of the tree,other marks that I can't make out,,,It appears there are markings on all of the tree's you posted, I can't make them out in the pics ,,but I see them,, they are there, anyone that says they aren't,just haven't looked closely!!,
We do have alot of those Tree's in this area,,,,,,. Where Markings on them are concerned ?, Id have to backtrack to look,,,,I will check for Markings from now on, when I see one of these tree's,,
Also Clue,, I respect the Fact that you took up your time to post this Thread,,it is interesting!! You really don't have to Prove anything to anyone here,, Some people wouldn't believe truth Or Proof if they seen it!! That's just the Way it is & I Am Not trying to Bash anyones Thought's or Belief's here.
Guys,, those of you that don't think Clue Was trying to show us something Good Here,,still shouldn't try to Bash Him for trying to Share his Insight/Things he has learned about Cache Sites,KGC or other,I think it is generous of him to show this stuff to us,, those that want to bash another should expect that person to get kinda angry,,If you don't believe the KGC Hid away a Cache,,Just Don't look for KGC Cache's,,one thing for sure,,,Any little thing or Bit of information & Knowledge any of us can learn ,Could lead one of us to a Monster Cache someday,, myself,, I want to learn more,,Think about it anyway's!! I will try to respect all of you either way,, agree Or Disagree!!! :)
Les

S

Smee

Clueman said:
I'm told one of the Merimac recoveries (late 70's )was also documented. (another Missouri site with the trees, carvings, and clues) . . .

The Merrimac was a Confederate ironclad ship whose wreckage was supposed to have been found in 2003. Read the article here. How could they have documented recoveries from a ship in the 70's if they didn't find it until 2003?

Part of the article read: "On May 11, 1862, the Virginia ran aground near Craney Island. After the crew was evacuated, the ship was set afire, detonating the 16,000 pounds of black powder in the ship's magazine. Documents show that salvage companies later removed two boilers and parts of the wooden hull. What was left of the ship was again blown up, and some sections were dragged to the Navy Yard in Portsmouth."

If this article is true, there was little likelyhood that there was any treasure on board, and if so, the south was unusually stupid to "blow it up" as that would scatter the treasure randomly over the landscape. Not real smart.

Secondly, what could it have to do with the trees?

Clueman said:
. . . Contact Mr Griff.....and ask him if the trees, and clues, and carvings shown on his website are KGC.

What is the address? I would like to see these carvings.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

Smee,

I'm guessing here but I think what he was referring to was a place called Meremac Caverns near Rolla, MO. This was a hiding spot for Frank and Jesse James and probably several other outlaws and anybody else wanting a spot out of the elements. It's definitely a neat place and there is proof JJ was there. An old empty strong box was found inside the cave many many years ago. Personally, I don't beleive Frank or JJ were part of the KGC.

I do not believe any of what he mentioned was KGC, simply outlaw loot that had been hidden. I know the stuff in Oklahoma was outlaw with no KGC connection. I also don't beleive there were any bent trees involved in the Meremac recoveries since they were inside a cave that is more than a mile long.

S

Smee

alec said:
Smee,

I'm guessing here but I think what he was referring to was a place called Meremac Caverns near Rolla, MO. This was a hiding spot for Frank and Jesse James and probably several other outlaws and anybody else wanting a spot out of the elements. It's definitely a neat place and there is proof JJ was there. An old empty strong box was found inside the cave many many years ago. Personally, I don't beleive Frank or JJ were part of the KGC.

I do not believe any of what he mentioned was KGC, simply outlaw loot that had been hidden. I know the stuff in Oklahoma was outlaw with no KGC connection. I also don't beleive there were any bent trees involved in the Meremac recoveries since they were inside a cave that is more than a mile long.

Ah, a simple spelling error, I knew of this cavern but it never crossed my mind.

The Native Americans used to mark caves by use of certain of the bent trees, but not to mark treasure. However, I do think that --- simply because they were at one time so numerous and, therefore, so handy --- that some of these persons may have marked them when hiding valuables. They probably even used them to find that cave, as it is in territory once occupied by the Osage (if my old map is correct) who actively bent the trees. If one knew how to read the trees, they would know that a certain tree meant there was a cave in that direction and usually about how far. That cave is also close to an old Indian trail that ran from near present day St. Louis to near present day Springfield, MO. I'll have to get out my maps again to be sure.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Folks:: I believe you are right Smee, The Outlaws probably Didn't bend to many of those tree's, they must have put marks on them after the fact. That makes perfect sense,to use them,already there,,,great Markers., I do have a few questions,,,If you cant answer it's ok,,
Do you guys think the tree bending thing was something handed Down from the Ancients? What I mean is Back in those Days, Did the indians have Ancient/ Old Bent trees to direct them,or did they just adapt to them at some point in time, Used them as Markers while they were smaller tree's still tied down with the Straps still on them? Is there any evidence showing that there are any Really Old Bent Thong Trees to confirm that the Ancient Indians used them? Im talking hundreds of years old,,,What is the Biggest Oldest Bent tree that you have seen? How Old do you Believe your man in the tree is Smee? I have to say that one, is, the most interesting tree Ive ever seen,,Alot of questions ,,Sorry,,just Curious.
The Tree above that I posted the pic of,is pretty old, Has marks on it also,there is a Groove all the way around it around the top,where the tree turns upward, I guess I would call it the Neck area of the bend? I thought it was the Thong mark where the tree was tied down,I may be mistaken?,also there is a Small X on the tree,but,Who knows,When or who put the X on it? Could just be axe marks,, Another Simple Question.Does anyone know which part of the tree is the Pointer end for sure?
Clue Where have you gone to Hope your out finding the Goodies ;D.

Cya,,,Les

S

Smee

les said:
Do you guys think the tree bending thing was something handed Down from the Ancients? What I mean is Back in those Days, Did the indians have Ancient/ Old Bent trees to direct them,or did they just adapt to them at some point in time, Used them as Markers while they were smaller tree's still tied down with the Straps still on them? Is there any evidence showing that there are any Really Old Bent Thong Trees to confirm that the Ancient Indians used them? Im talking hundreds of years old,,,What is the Biggest Oldest Bent tree that you have seen?

This tree has been cored and dates to being 800 years old. See the Buffalo?
!!!!!!!.jpg

It is called the Keziah Tree. If you look closely, there are also a fish and a turtle visible from this angle. There is also supposed to be a dolphin, but I don't have a picture from that angle. It was used to mark a fishing spot that the local Indians used.

This is an 800 year old example. Most oaks don't live to be that old, so we know that the practice of bending trees dates to at least 800 years for some tribes. We also know that most bent trees aren't so elaborate. I know of trees that predate the constitution of the United States --- which if you saw them, you would probably think they were no more than 75-100 years old. But they have been cored and the age is definite on those trees.

les said:
How Old do you Believe your man in the tree is Smee? I have to say that one, is, the most interesting tree Ive ever seen,,Alot of questions ,,Sorry,,just Curious.

Not sure. The tree's location is in territory that was once occupied by the Osage, but there were other tribes which lived in the area also. As to age, this tree has not been cored, so I don't know . . . and based on things I have seen it is definitely beyond my ability to give an age based on appearance.

les said:
The Tree above that I posted the pic of,is pretty old, Has marks on it also,there is a Groove all the way around it around the top,where the tree turns upward, I guess I would call it the Neck area of the bend? I thought it was the Thong mark where the tree was tied down,I may be mistaken?

That is a common mistake, because what the Indians called a thong was not a strip of rawhide as we think of today. A thong was a forked stick which was braced near the base of the sapling, and another was used over the top to hold the sapling down and thus form the bend, the top thong being driven into the ground to hold the tree in place. The trunk was cut above the branch where the controlling thong was placed, thus forming the "nose" and pointing the way. The branch would now form the new trunk.

The "nose" of the tree is the pointer showing the direction of travel. Certain marks or knobs might tell you to "keep your eyes in the back of your head" meaning simply to "go this way, but watch for danger from that direction."

Here is an interesting "nose"
!!!!!!!1.jpg

I call him "Yogi".

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006

The nose is normally the pointer and direction to take. Unless there is a mark placed such as a knob or growth appurtenance on the bend indicating danger ahead and can also mean watch your back. The appurtenance was made by scaring the tree with a knife or a sharp rock. Eventually this would heal and leave a scar that would form a nob.

To find the age of the tree a dendrochronology's will take measurements using a bore to pull out a straw of the rings. Technology has taken over and can measure and age the tree precisely and indicates the year it was bent. This technology will also tell the story of water in the area how much and how many droughts the tree lived through.

Recently we measured a tree at 450 years old....and some that fooled us were only 40 years... probably bootleggers using the same marking methods they learned from previous Native Americans.

There is nothing new under the sun.....methods are improved, better and brighter inventions are used to measure. Sure is nice when you discover that the technology of today was birthed in the heavens on the day of creation.

River

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Guys: Thanks for the lesson,,,I just assumed that the Tree's were tied down, I can see where a Fork could be cut & Easily used in place of Rawhide,,,Im learning alot from you guys,
I guess it is Obvious that the Indians have used those trees a Long long time. Since the Nose is the Pointer,,the tree in my Pic points Southwest across a huge Bottom,flatlands,,,there is a Mounded area in the direction it points towards,there have been Clay pipes,Spades hoes,bunches of arrowheads etc found around this Mounded place, It is What The archaeologists call a Flat Top mound, I don't know what that means except the Top of this large mound is flat, There is also a Springfed Creek which has the most Clear water in it I have seen in our area, Both are maybe a mile from the tree in my Pic. I would bet there was a Village there ,,the Water source is there.
Thank's for the Info.

Les

OP
OP
C

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004

Guys........What's wrong with you??? We've been thru this already. The treasure trail trees were shaped by humans. .....Indian members of the KGC, Knights of the Golden Circle members that were NOT Indian, ....Outlaws that were members of the KGC,....and others acting on direction from KGC. Some were made by Templars.......Some were made by French Explorers, ......Some were made by Spanish.......Some were made by early Mormans.....Some were made by Indians.......Some were made by my neighbors.......As a rule of thumb, unless the site (FOR MANY MILES) has been examined by a trained person, I would NEEVER rule out the treasure significance of a bent tree.

The Trail trees have been involved with burried $$. The grid made by the TREES (not one, or two, or 3 but MANY Many trail TREES over MANY MANY MANY MILES) is an essential part of template usage. Some grids encompass 36 miles..Some maybe more..... Some trees, are OLD. Some trees are young. Some trees have carvings on them, others TAKE YOU TO THE CARVINGS.
Some trees have metal clues nearby which can take a trained person to $$$, or lead you to the carvings, which, when properly analyzed , can take a trained person to $$$$.......

The template (one of them) was posted earlier by Alec. He is fortunate to posess the template, but not sure how it works.

If one can see a wheel shape in the template, one should be able to envision how the trees, carvings, and clues play a role in the pinpointing of the correct locations to look for clues and detect. Can you see the geometric shapes used by the "Spanish" (Triangles, Rectangles, Circles,) in the templates design?

If one does not "get it" than one should re -read "Shadow of the Sentineal". The truth about how this works is in there. If one can't read , do research, and think, stop trying to Treasure hunt. If one can't think, give up!

It is easy to see that if you don't understand the basics of the grid, and how the system works, you might become more interested in the shaping of the trees, (which group shaped them, and when) instead of locating the treasure they can lead to you! So again...if you don't understand the trees, and lines, carvings, and clues...re-read the book, or stop pretending that what you don't understand doesn't work! Many folks have seen the proof.

The reference to Michael G is more specifically Michael Griffith...He has worked with Bob Brewer, and has personally dug up $$$$ by following Bob's lead on the bent trees, carvings, and clues. Michael does have a current KGC website....I don't have the address handy, but surely you can find it if you want to look .

Someone commented that I must be getting something out of referencing Bob B's book. Well here it is....I have (10 years ago) met with Bob Brewer, and know him to be an excellent hunter and an honest man. I have had the pleasure of hunting with Bob B, John L, and some members of their research team. I recieve nothing from "Hillbilly" for touting his book. I refer people to the book because it is the truth! A smart reader can learn things in there that I wouldn't tell.

Clueman

R

Rennwaggen

"Guys........What's wrong with you???" Maybe some have questions, and maybe they want answers. Maybe someone else's research doesn't agree with yours, but their research lead them to this conclusion. Theories are all I see here. Like the pictures though.

If the KGC came into existance just prior to the Civil War, how did they bend them other trees 450 and 800 years ago? Even if one is generous and says the KGC, the one you speak about, came into existance 11 years before the Civil War, the numbers are funny.

It just doesn't add up: 2007-1850=157 years. That leaves an unaccounted for period of almost 300 years on the younger of the two trees.

Now, seems to me that if the French explorers did that kinda stuff it seems like they would have documented it. Usually outlaws are outlaws because they don't like to work, and stealin is easier and more exciting. I doubt they would take the years required to make something like that. (Yep, been doing my research too.) According to what I have read about them trees, it took years to grow them.

One more thing about thugs from any century or country, by nature they are greedy. They would have gone back, if they lived long enough, and got them stashes.

In the use of old maps, sometimes certain features disappear over time. When you try to make the map conform to what we see today, you end up having errors and can't find what you're looking for. Tried it in the swamps, didn't work. Tried it in Germany, didn't work. With the logging that has gone on in the south since reconstruction, there are few pieces of untouched forest. The vast majority of the land has been CLEARCUT as in EVERY TREE was taken down. That kinda screws your theory up.

Most of your trees should be gone. You are trying to make a map match areas it ain't made from. I would venture to say that you can't find a 36 mile stretch of virgin timber in the southeast. Definitely not a 36 mile square. And even it they was one, it probably wouldn't be where you need it to be.

They tell a story here about a spaniard, Don Quixote, only he imagined that the windmills were giants I think.

Clueman, I get the impression that you really believe what you are talking about, and want to "teach" us about something. Even a first grade teacher proves what they are teaching their kids. Maybe you want to sell us a book, that's ok too.

Proof please. A template with the trees laid out and how they work. Why ask only YOU for proof now? YOU are the only one attacking anyone. Logic is the mark of a teacher, not screaming and accusing.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Clue: Nice to see your back, I haven't ruled out Treasure involving The Bent Tree's at all, I like you say don't know where to look, im not trained, Im still new to this stuff,but, I am learning alot,at this point I feel like I could research til im blue in the face & still be untrained,where does a person get trained & by Who?
, The tree in my Pic Points straight to what I believe is a old indian Village, It is almost a mile from the tree,to the Southwest,but I could look farther away Past this Village,but, there are farm fields for several miles past the Village site,its all field for at least four miles? This is why Im thinking this tree points to that Village & the Creek/water source, I could be wrong of course.,I found a Cutter knife made of Millcreek Flint around this spot,Flat Top Mound, It is 9" long 2 1/2" wide has a slight curve to it, I will post a pic of it, It appears to be a Large Cutting knife ,maybe a Buffalo Skinner. All the Area around the Tree in my Pic Has Been Cleared to Farm fields,,,but back in the day It was heavy Forest.
Rennwagen You are Correct in your post about Clear cutting, I have seen the goverment Close off trails in to certain areas,then Clearcut a Whole Section Of Timber/Square Mile!!!!,everytree,then Open the area back up as if someone would want to walk through a square mile of Rattlesnakes & brush. I have seen this happen myself in one of my favorite hunting areas. Yes, it did make me angry also, The place was a beautiful forest until they cut the trees out.
Les

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Guys: The tree I posted the Pic of,, Did lead me to a small treasure,but,, Not Gold or Silver this time,but still a small Rare prize, Here is A pic Of the Blade I found Following the direction of This Bent Tree. I didn't know If I was going the right direction either but I was. It just goes to show,,Ya gotta be out there looking to find anything,,who knows what may turn up!!! Pic attached
Les

Attachments

• blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,143

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

Clueman,

I have four different copies of the "template" and I am fully aware of how they are SUPPOSED to work. I personally don't believe they will work on any site. The use of a template for every site is not logical or wise.

You are definitely a true believer in the KGC as Brewer describes it and if you feel that following templates and trees and buried trash works for you then go for it. Unfortunately or fotunately for some, others have asked for proof of how these trees and templates work and you have no answers for them because, in my opinion, there are no logical answers.

Rennwaggen made some very good points about the trees. For them to be formed would take years and if the KGC were so smart that people now can't find their treasures wouldn't they have been smart enough to leave clues behind that would still be in place many years from when they were first made? It's my understanding the KGC supposedly put their treasures in the ground to be there for a very long time, according to the "experts". Just where did the KGC get those billions of dollars in gold and silver they supposedly buried? Was every outlaw part of the KGC or just JJ and Frank? Did JJ steal anything just for himself or was it all for the KGC? If it was all for the KGC then why did Frank and JJ make their own maps, none of which I might add use any kind of template to relocate the treasure?

The KGC as described in Brewer's book is fantasy and wishfull thinking.

Rennwaggen, the KGC was actually formed in the 1830s, around 1835 if memory serves me correctly. Your points about the trees still stands, I just thought I would throw out that little bit of information about the date.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used

Nice find Les!!

S

Smee

les said:
Hi Guys: Thanks for the lesson,,,I just assumed that the Tree's were tied down, I can see where a Fork could be cut & Easily used in place of Rawhide,,,Im learning alot from you guys,
I guess it is Obvious that the Indians have used those trees a Long long time. Since the Nose is the Pointer,,the tree in my Pic points Southwest across a huge Bottom,flatlands,,,there is a Mounded area in the direction it points towards,there have been Clay pipes,Spades hoes,bunches of arrowheads etc found around this Mounded place, It is What The archaeologists call a Flat Top mound, I don't know what that means except the Top of this large mound is flat, There is also a Springfed Creek which has the most Clear water in it I have seen in our area, Both are maybe a mile from the tree in my Pic. I would bet there was a Village there ,,the Water source is there.
Thank's for the Info.

Les
Many of the trees were related to the mounds, which sometimes were religious areas, sacred ground, or burial sites. Other times, they were garbage dumps, but usually there are no trees associated with those.

deer_clan.jpg

This tree above is associated with the tree below. This tree is a "clan marker tree" according to a nice Cherokee lady I spoke with. The tree below is a "boundary tree" according to an old Cree Indian I do computer work for.

boundary.jpg

If you line up the clan marker tree with the boundary tree, it will lead you to an old Indian campsite. The clan marker tree looked like a deer's head if you were facing it. I say "looked" because some treasure hunter destroyed it. There was digging all underneath the tree where they were looking for a clue, and when they didn't find it, they destroyed the tree. The tree dimply pointed you to the deer clan's campsite. The goalpost looking tree only alerted passersby that there was an Indian camp in the area.

Hope this helps explain why the tree points toward the mound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread