Bitters and Brass (Pile of Relics)

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
I ventured out for my last relic hunt of the year as the weather will make certain sites unaccessible in the very near future. I have been searching for an intact period bottle from this particular site for 4 years and it finally happened, 3 inches below the surface in a shallow trash pit. The bottle is a stunning Ice Blue late 1860s J Walkers Vinegar Bitters in mint condition. If you love glass as much as I do you know this is a difficult feat. The other relics surfaced in the same vicinity. I like personalized relics and the company Letter B is hammered perfectly flat. Other highlights included a couple of Regimental Number 1's, musket hammer, most of the brass from a burned knapsack, cleaning jag, pile of suspender buckles, and a black glass ale with the top knocked off. Anyway, beautiful weather, good company and a couple of firsts. Most peoples relic hunting season is just starting and I wish you all luck. As the ground moistens, privy season begins, so any further posts should be from the depths. Thanks for looking.
-Ev

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 10
Absolutely awesome finds. Congrats.:icon_thumleft:

Thats what I am talkin' bout bud!!!Right on!Fantastic digs,and that one suspender buckle(Ring Type)might/should have a 1850-(S) Pat date

Congrats.I like that a nice little collection of finds.HH.

Yes Sir, Pacific Glass Works, the most beautiful glass around.

Wow that in a very nice array of finds. Clnfrats

Congrats :-)

Now that is a nice collection of finds, congrats!

Those are some CW relics that most could only dream of. Great recoveries, and nice variety. High 5 on that beautiful bitters bottle. :hello2:
Thanks for the post,:thumbsup:
MM

Very cool goodies right there. I'll take that bitters please! Nice recoveries. jgas

Great looking bitters! Along with the relics it added up to a very nice selection.

That is a gorgeous bottle Evan. And a lot of nice brass too. Guess the privies will have to do until next spring. Great hunt!

That's quite a haul! Congratulations.

That is the kind of Day I want to have! Wow. Great day. Congrats.

Geeze, you got an entire collection in one day. Great finds, I'd go crazy if I got into something like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back