Can I remove the dredge pump from my keene dredge and run just the t-80 for sniping?

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
I built a hookah last summer using a 2hp Briggs with a 3" pulley and a 4" on the t80. Most 4 strokes idle at 1800 but don't produce the hp/torque to properly drive the t80 when it's under load. You would want the engine running at about 2000-2200rpm to get the t80 to 1800rpm. Hope this helps and here's some pictures ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459258014.716910.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459258205.226506.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jack that is a great looking rig that you put together.

How stable is it in the water for you?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PJ if you put on another muffler(yours does not meet fire standard with screen) then turn the directional baffle straight up as you'll be a much safer happier miner. A bit quieter also as exhaust going straight up and not into your engines air intake(fry valves) or air pump(fry you) looks like your ready now go get ya some-John

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
PJ if you put on another muffler(yours does not meet fire standard with screen) then turn the directional baffle straight up as you'll be a much safer happier miner. A bit quieter also as exhaust going straight up and not into your engines air intake(fry valves) or air pump(fry you) looks like your ready now go get ya some-John

Great idea. I would love this to be quieter. I hadn't thought about how close the intake and exhaust are either. Luckily this engine doesn't have many hours on it, lol. Not sure what you mean by fire standard though?

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
panningjack, most forests that you take your engine into, ESPECIALLY out here in California, you MUST have spark arrestor on your exhaust so as not to start a forest ddddffire. Most engines do not come standard with them. At least not to my limited knowledge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread