Can you Tell me What this is?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out this morning and got 2 hard signals. They were in the 90's range (AT PRO) so I dug them. Both were at about 8 inches down in the hole. These aren't magnetic,they are hard,and ring like a bell when hit together. They are a bright silver color once they are scratched (hard to do). I don't have a clue as to what they could be?:dontknow:
0029_zpsb1572b31.jpg
0019_zps28735f8d.jpg

Upvote 0

andre1002

Jan 11, 2013
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star/Whites MXT/Minelab e-trac/Garrett PP/sunray X-1 inline probe.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most likely Melted aluminium. Possibly melted silver. I find alot of melted metals in the spots I hunt, I should check them but, i usually just end up chucking them into the trash bin.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most likely Melted aluminium. Possibly melted silver. I find alot of melted metals in the spots I hunt, I should check them but, i usually just end up chucking them into the trash bin.
Thanks,these came from an old park! I thought they were aluminium also,but they are way too hard,and heavy,I think?

andre1002

Jan 11, 2013
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star/Whites MXT/Minelab e-trac/Garrett PP/sunray X-1 inline probe.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they are heavy then they might be work getting checked out. Any questionable metals I find I usually take to the cash for gold places and have them do a acid test.. (usually at no charge here) .....

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,I'll get them checked out!

metaldetectingwiz83

May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
003.JPG 006.JPG

My husband got these in a find when we searched Howarth Park Beach near Mukilteo, WA and we have yet to discover what this is. Does anyone know? I took a few pics and the first few came out pretty shiny then my last one was fine when I ended up holding the piece. We think it might be a Silver Nugget or something like that. Can anyone help us?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out this morning and got 2 hard signals. They were in the 90's range (AT PRO) so I dug them. Both were at about 8 inches down in the hole. These aren't magnetic,they are hard,and ring like a bell when hit together. They are a bright silver color once they are scratched (hard to do). I don't have a clue as to what they could be?:dontknow:

I've found a couple of these to I kept them in my collection one is pretty big mine is same thing you described not sure what they are

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How big is the top one? Because it almost looks like the broken end of a spoon or something. It looks like it has definition, symmetry to the edge and the pattern. Or I could just be imagining things...

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How big is the top one? Because it almost looks like the broken end of a spoon or something. It looks like it has definition, symmetry to the edge and the pattern. Or I could just be imagining things...
It measures, 3 1/2 X 2 inches. Weighs 5 oz.
00110_zpsb52433e9.jpg
00210_zps54c01918.jpg

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last pic sure looks like aluminum!! Aluminum isn't as soft as lead and you cannot scratch it with a fingernail like you can lead.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 5 ounces for a piece that size, I doubt it's aluminum. Get it checked.

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a displacement test measured in ML and accurately measure in grams. It's really hard to tell from the pic what the dimensions are and that will give you a much better specific gravity to try and ID off of.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the melted aluminum I find is light weight and I also don't think melted aluminum would ring out I think it would be more of a clacking sound.

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
[
Get it checked out !

QUOTE=metaldetectingwiz83;3396315] View attachment 805803 View attachment 805804

This could be Platinum Ore , I have some but it has sharper edges .... I'd check it out .... Woodstock
My husband got these in a find when we searched Howarth Park Beach near Mukilteo, WA and we have yet to discover what this is. Does anyone know? I took a few pics and the first few came out pretty shiny then my last one was fine when I ended up holding the piece. We think it might be a Silver Nugget or something like that. Can anyone help us?[/QUOTE]

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
RKS1949 ... At this point I think it still could be Aluminum , even if the one piece weighs 5 ounces . Aluminum comes in different densities . I have a block of aircraft grade hard Aluminum and it's 3 5/8" x 2" x 5/8" and it weighs 5.66 ounces ! So if you're not sure of the source from where it came it's hard to say it weighs to much . In your case I'd do a home check before I start to count my cash , but I hope it's not because it's a nice chunk of change if it's Silver . I myself think you have Aluminum of a higher grade . IMHO , Woodstock

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just took what I had and heated with torch it didn't get red hot it melted so I guess I have aluminum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions