Not open for further replies.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First and no offense to the OP here, I can't believe this thread needed to be put up. You'd think the answer is blatantly obvious.

Second, it's pretty sick and incredibly disappointing that this forum has members who would justify metal detecting in a cemetery. The potential legal issues aside, the unethical nature aside... (deleted by mod for rule violation)

I can't believe people posted in this thread saying they see nothing wrong with detecting cemeteries. Then again these are probably the same people that dig massive holes in public areas and don't fill them... or hunt private property without permission. All giving this hobby a bad name.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a two-fer

alex-grave.jpg

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I would probably never metal detect in an actual cemetery, it seems very disrespectful to the dead, regardless of legality. I have in fact metal detected in the woods next to a cemetery in two occasions. Often there were early houses near cemeteries so the woods can produce good finds. One cemetery has 600 feet of woods between it and a colonial era meeting house which is now just woods. I found the bulk of my finds within 400 feet of it, including nearly 20 colonial coppers and large cents and 50 colonial buttons. That site was the biggest gem I ever found. You can't see the cemetery from the woods due to a grassy field attacked to the cemetery, unless you go very deep into the woods. There was another cemetery that I parked at, and walked 30 feet into the woods and found musketballs and a silver 1800's thimble, I think I may have found a colonial button or two also. I later found out that there was a homestead right where I detected in those woods.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
If the buried bodies are from a homicide and not really a formal cemetery - just hastily dumped and buried to hid the evidence - I can dig there, right?

:icon_biggrin:

OP
OP
junkhunt

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First and no offense to the OP here, I can't believe this thread needed to be put up. You'd think the answer is blatantly obvious.

Second, it's pretty sick and incredibly disappointing that this forum has members who would justify metal detecting in a cemetery. The potential legal issues aside, the unethical nature aside... (deleted by mod for rule violation)

I can't believe people posted in this thread saying they see nothing wrong with detecting cemeteries. Then again these are probably the same people that dig massive holes in public areas and don't fill them... or hunt private property without permission. All giving this hobby a bad name.
You do way to much thinking, And its all wrong.
The OP made the post because the OP needed an answer to the question. The OP is new here and had no idea this "detecting cemeteries" Has been posted before.
And what you feel to be wrong may not be wrong to others or wrong at all. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Primus Palus, your new to Tnet so may not be aware, please read our rules, you can't insult members.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can not even believe this thread has gone this long and some of the responses I have read which I have every one of them a couple of times over.

Common since tells you it is totally wrong if you have any kind of morals what so ever.
If I were to ever see someone detecting in a cemetery I would call the law on them you have to think about it how would anyone feel if it were a cemetery that your deceased family members were in

I refer back to the first and only reply I had made on this thread until now some people have no morals and would do anything if they thought they could make a quick buck
and some of the replies prove just that point,I hope I myself am never seen that way.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the buried bodies are from a homicide and not really a formal cemetery - just hastily dumped and buried to hid the evidence - I can dig there, right?

:icon_biggrin:

Well that is a little different if you accidentally come upon something like that I would not disturb anything and call the law,unless you are the one that dumped the body.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is lock, I remind members it violates our rules to insult, attack or talk down to other members, and just because a member thinks something is immoral does not mean it is or that others are if they believe differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread