Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Jeff,

you said:"Don't Lump Everything together with Grave Robbery, Or I'll Delete this Thread !
Metal Detecting and Grave Robbery are 2 Different Things."
O.K.
Lump everything together and its Grave Robbery. ;) ;D

Every time it comes up someones feelings get hurt.
We keep whipping the dead horse. Everyone hunt where you think it is
o.k.. Each and everyones own call. This type of thread has been posted
so often, and it never gets anywhere.
Just my 2 cent worth.

have a good un...................

Your Absolutely Right.

This is the Reason I'm Saying this, Before it Happens and Staying out
of the Conversation.
Rather then Repeating my Opinions and Expierences "Again".

The only Thing I would add is

"Don't Break any local, State or Federal Laws ! "

when it comes to "Mental", or "Religeous" Laws, go with your
Gut. and respect.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i ment more along the lines of the locals
but point taken :-X

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
WHOA, I thought the internet was for looking at untoward pictures of scantily clad actresses!!!!!!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baron Von De Kalb said:
Hunted around.... the Celtic cemetery for about 45 minutes, things were really dead there, pun intended, so I moved up the hill away from the cemetery. If you haven’t read my previous posts, the 2000ish year old cemetery has been exhumed ...."quote from Mike"

OP
OP
R

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks everyone for your input. Reason I asked is because there is a cemetary that borders one of my favorite hunting spots. I am going to consider it off limits. However I do like the idea of picking up the trash when I am near the cemetary.

Cruiter

S

stefen

Look what I found...a nice brass vase with the name 'Momma XYZ' engraved on it.

Are you offended? I certainly am.

There are a few sites in this country that are sacrosanct and one does not cross that line. :( >:(

D

Daveman

Yes! Graveyards and cemeteries are certainly restrictive--if by default they are still being used? But there are thousands out there, that have not been disturbed for centuries. Please do not get me wrong I am not a ghoul but I have detected in forgotten graveyards before. Remember, all the places where I have used my unit, has long been in disuse. One place near the Platte River was the location of a old military outpost. Its whereabouts were only distinquished on a old survey map of the region. It was unlikely that it was an important fort, because it was in a real isolated area. There wasn't much left of the place, that was recognizable as having human habitation.

Didn't find to much where the actual outpost was, but not the type to give up easy I guessed they would have a place to dump their garbage--not to far from the site itself. Nearby was a small hillock and when I saw broken glass glinting under the suns rays, it was seemed obvious was where they emptied stuff they didn't want.

Of course you never venture out to these isolated places alone, so I called over my buddy Frank who was still working around the flat area. We worked the trash hill for a while, then I noticed another area nearby that was well overgrown. Something about it didn't look right, but after inspecting it I realized that it was a small graveyard. Certainly it wasn't anything like Boot hill, but their were a few markers--mostly wood, one stone. No dates that I could see, but they were really old, and all but visible beneath the high grass. I really didn't expect to find much, but I did find just beneath the hard packed dirt a silver two-real Spanish coin, two brass buttons and one half cent and two large cents. Not a big haul, but somebody had obviously dropped them accidently long ago. Never did care much for collecting old bottles, but while looking around we came across an undamaged whiskey bottle and two small medicine bottles. One strange thing We did uncover what was likely a vase. Have no idea what it was doing out there, but it was covered in pictures of deer jumping. I gave it to my mom, because the odd thing about it was that it was from a pottery in England.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread