Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Garrett has the two box add on for the GTI 2500 for $250, of course you would already have to own the GTI which is $1100. You could probably get these things significantly cheaper by not buying direct and it wouldn't have to be this brand either. I would imagine many of the big names would offer the two box coils. (the two treasure box coil, that is) ;D

Dudes

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i have seen a couple very decent used fisher gemini 3 units going for around 300-350.....they pick up mineralization but are decent units otherwise..........gldhntr

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can find it, if it's there, in about 3hrs. or less. I live in Northern Arizona, get ahold of me and I will go..Dowser

quote author=GG link=topic=19699.msg127974#msg127974 date=1125637186]
Thanks for all the great advice.? To answer some of your questions.?

The location is South of Antonito.?

Betty was not willing to share much of any information about the trunk since it was supposed to be a secret.? The family did not intend for her to possess the trunk all for herself.? There was rumor that she acquired the trunk after all of this money started showing up.? It wasn't until my family actually saw a portion of the treasure that it was confirmed it was in her possession.? She is in London currently, not sure if I can even get in contact.

As far as confirmation, I have two uncles, still living, who traveled with their grandfather in a horse drawn wagon to bury the trunk.? They remember seeing an amount of gold in the trunk that blinded them from the glimmer.? However, when the two of them went to look for the trunk, it was moved.? Apparently, their grandfather didn't even trust them with having knowledge of the whereabouts of this trunk.

The family knows that trunk existed because nobody trusted the banks with their money, and as I said in the original message, these were very wealthy men.? Now, I know the trunk has yet to be found because my uncle who currently owns the land has made several attempts trying to find it.? I myself was part of a treasure hunting party when I was only 14.? We had hand held detectors that did not work.? Nobody has attempted to do a full scale survey of the land with real technology.

Another thing I failed to mention, the house in which they lived in still stands.? Some believe that the treasure could be under the house, but everyone is fearful of the house due to reported haunting.? The elders in my family are very superstitious.? I was playing with the idea of spending a night in the house with a clairvoyant.? I was planning on filming this whole adventure for potential documentary material--especially if we find the trunk.

[/quote]

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
I think you have perhaps revealed too much already. Learn all you can about 2 box detectors in the time you have, and don't take anyone besides your assistant along. Try to think like the one who buried it, where would you hide this burden, this chore you must do before you die? You seem to have the area fairly narrowed down, go there, look around, imagine you have 2 nephews/ sons, whatever, that you don't trust yet, and need to hide this thing from them and others. How far could you lug a box of gold while they are off doing ?, what were they doing, for how long were they out of sight?

Further, how much money can you spend to find it, a big factor. Rhetorical, you need to answer that one yourself. What is it worth to you, to put it another way. From all you've said so far, it seems to be a very real thing, with living eye- witnesses. If you don't doubt the story, why not look for it off and on when you can, even if it takes years? Why only this one time? If this story were in my family, and I believed any of it, I would be living there and searching every spare minute I had. It can't be that hard to find. Keep the search to yourself if you don't plan to share it with the rest of the family. By the way, that is part of the plan also, what will you do with it if you find it? What has prevented others in the family from doing what you propose to do? In other words, why haven't any of them bought a detector and searched for it? Or hired someone to search for it? I like the idea of hiring the oil and gas surveyors, and having them show you on paper what's underground, their focus would be on something else.

Will you be safe there during the time you will be searching? Can you protect yourself? If not, I would consider hiring some security. How will you transport it? Who will you take it to to get the best price for it? I suggest one of the large coin auction houses, such as Bowers & Merena, or an auction house, Sotheby's, Christies, or Butterfield's out west there. If you believe in this, plan your work, then work your plan, just be a lot more discreet about it. I certainly wouldn't invite any strangers to come help me find such a treasure, you are begging for trouble if you do.

K

Kentucky Kache

If your mind is set on this being a 48 hour success, you'll do well to hang it up now. If the treasure is there, it can be found, but it might take some time. If you like treasure hunting, I would look at it as being a fun project, something to keep me going.
Also, If we're talking about a large trunk, a good quality hand held detector, with a large coil, might be all you need. I would agree that a two box would be better, but the hand held scan pretty deep on big objects.

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Very interesting story! Please do keep us updated!

Oh, and I'd love to spend a night in that house! I try and sleep everywhere people say it is haunted... and so far... nothing. I love not believing in things! haha

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i smell a BEEROCK post.....

P

PrizmIV

dekalb33 said:
i smell a BEEROCK post.....

I was thinking same at first......but maybe not......we will see how it unfolds.

M

mrmulch

this sounds bogus. i would enlist the help of trusted friends and learn the ins and outs of detecting on my own if this were me, not look for an assisstant on the internet. i'm calling bullsh*t.

D

Digger Joe

My first post. I sell nothing. I am just a regular person that lives in the mountains. But I just want to say on the above story, that if it had been a true story, there is LRL machine today that can get any man within 50 feet of center. - Now, that may sound like a joke, but its not. That much money in the ground with 2 or 3 acres and I can come to with-in 50 feet, and then deep audio.

Men and ladies, I've done it, and so please don't bad mouth what I have just said, cuz I am just telling the world as a true friend.

There are many things that can be found if a man and lady really started to use their head.

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi,

I have a tf900 2box by discovery and has been my cache hunting workhorse. in my test garden it will pic up a chest size metal object at 4 ft. If your ancestors used the universl measurement for cache burial, then the chest should not exceed the depth of 4 ft or an arms lenght. the tf900 is easy to use and ground balance. just use a headphone when in company so as not to give up the exact location if you plan to return later to retrieve it.HH

God bless,
Jose

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I know that area fairly well, And most people never bury anything over 2 foot deep. 2 box units are great but you should be able to pick something that size up with even old handheld units, you just have to get over them. As far as LRL's they are just a joke.
People will look for a land mark to bury near so they dont forget where it is.
So many treasures are burried and never found again, or so they say. Most were never burried at all, or recovered and not talked about. I'd be glad to come down sometime and help you look for a small percentage.
Dano.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would sure like to know what kind of gold coins those were where a dealer would pay $10k a peice for 200 of them. ::)

P

PrizmIV

bk said:
I would sure like to know what kind of gold coins those were where a dealer would pay $10k a piece for 200 of them. ::)
bk said:
I would sure like to know what kind of gold coins those were where a dealer would pay $10k a piece for 200 of them. ::)

Ya same here! Hardly any U.S. gold coins are 10k a piece unless there was an extremely low mintage or in increadable condishion which neither fit into play, I wish this dealer would buy my coins haha! Dont cha just love these threads! :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions