City of Crosses weekend hunt.

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with jimzz977 this weekend in his city. First chance i get to post that hunt. We started out with an empty lot hit a bunch of that dreaded caliche dirt and after digging out what seemed like an endless supply of pop top and pull tabs. I saw an area that look like burned trash spot. So i walked the outer perimeter of the lots then worked my way into the burn. Jim dug what we were hoping was barber quarter three inches down turned out to be clad. anyway after five minutes into hunt the burn spot i hit a dime signal looked down and saw it half buried. Thinking it was another clad dime i flipped it out from its perch. To my surprise it was a 1914 barber dime. woo hoo. well the hunt ended at a park close to the university with targets that were on average 1 1/2 inches or deeper. lol more digging deep for trash n clad. but i am sure the oldie coin will prevail after clearing the rest. lol

IMG_20150531_090625664.jpg :hello2: IMG_20150531_090731789.jpg :hello2:

IMG_20150531_131429236_HDR.jpg IMG_20150531_132613324.jpg

IMG_20150531_132616339.jpg I sure was glad there were trash cans around to dump some of the trash out from my pouch.

Upvote 13

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CAR I SEE A BARBER AND TRASH ALL IN ONE LOT, FOR YOU WILL THROW SOME AWAY AND SOME YOU WILL NOT , LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GOOD DAY ,VANZUTPHEN

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling a couple of keepers and all that clad. :thumbsup: Looks like you had a busy hunt

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt ! Keep on a searching , I sure will here , as time allows :occasion14:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save on the barber, Congrats!!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I didn't know any better I use to hate detecting lots because here in California the dirt was always concrete hard. Back then I was mostly a beach person. Then one day I got an invite out to Riverside Ca where two people I had met had been working this lot for weeks and were posting some great finds. When I pulled up and saw how hard the dirt was I really wanted to leave :laughing7: I was digging these baby jar lids that took forever to chip out of the dirt. Got another hit that I thought was going to be another baby jar lid but out pops this large dirty disk. Got my first walking liberty half that day. What a rush :laughing7: since then I'm always on the look out for empty lots in the old parts of towns.

Nice find on the barber and keep clearing out that lot:occasion14:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I didn't know any better I use to hate detecting lots because here in California the dirt was always concrete hard. Back then I was mostly a beach person. Then one day I got an invite out to Riverside Ca where two people I had met had been working this lot for weeks and were posting some great finds. When I pulled up and saw how hard the dirt was I really wanted to leave :laughing7: I was digging these baby jar lids that took forever to chip out of the dirt. Got another hit that I thought was going to be another baby jar lid but out pops this large dirty disk. Got my first walking liberty half that day. What a rush :laughing7: since then I'm always on the look out for empty lots in the old parts of towns.

Nice find on the barber and keep clearing out that lot:occasion14:

Yeah its is some work but when that one special target pops out it all goes away. i just sent my brother a beginner machine he lives in corona. maybe you guys will meet up. gl and hh

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Barber save! There's bound to be more goodies there for ya!

We all may have to start sorting thru our pull tabs/ pop tops they are nearing the "antiquity age" (50 years here). Lol!

OP
OP
DW Dirt Whisperer

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Barber save! There's bound to be more goodies there for ya!

We all may have to start sorting thru our pull tabs/ pop tops they are nearing the "antiquity age" (50 years here). Lol!

Oh yes i am sure there are. Have to sharpen tools or get bigger shovel. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread