Colonial house relic( UPDATE-Great news on this relic)

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The 3 detectateers had high hopes going into this weeks new spot. It was not to be. Late 1700's early 1800's house. No old coins to speak of but I did find this spoon. It is made of pure silver. I never found a solid silver spoon before. It's very thin and teaspoon size. It has calligraphy letters on the top face. It also has I-M on the back. Anyone out there know their spoons? I would appreciate input.
Thanks
Chris
PIC00001-2.jpg

PIC00007-3.jpg

PIC00006-2.jpg

PIC00005.jpg

Upvote 0

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My TN name Born Free came from the RV company because I was going to buy a Born Free brand RV to roam the country. Ended up with a Winnebago, but that's cool because that's the name of a native american tribe. Been roaming for a few months now, and once the RV issues are under control (put swear words in here) I will soon be mding for gold nuggets in the western states. Hopefully make enough to spend part of the year in the east looking for colonial items from 1930's :laughing7: and md for civil war items and other totally cool junk that you can't find in the west. If the colonial gods see fit, perhaps I could even MD with the 3 detectateers some day. NAW! Won't get that lucky... :wink:

Thanks for asking!

And thanks y'all for clearing the air. I feel the love!!

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Born Free said:
My TN name Born Free came from the RV company because I was going to buy a Born Free brand RV to roam the country. Ended up with a Winnebago, but that's cool because that's the name of a native american tribe. Been roaming for a few months now, and once the RV issues are under control (put swear words in here) I will soon be mding for gold nuggets in the western states. Hopefully make enough to spend part of the year in the east looking for colonial items from 1930's :laughing7: and md for civil war items and other totally cool junk that you can't find in the west. If the colonial gods see fit, perhaps I could even MD with the 3 detectateers some day. NAW! Won't get that lucky... :wink:

Thanks for asking!

And thanks y'all for clearing the air. I feel the love!!
Cool B.F. I manage a local storage facility. We have R.V. units that are 13 x 41 ft. If you need to park it for a while i'll fix you up with a smoking deal.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
BuckleBoy said:
Colonial KirkPA said:
Buck,

One minute you are our friend and the next minute, I sense overwhelming jealousy. Will, my uncle never overtakes your "IRON BRIGADE" threads with snide remarks.

Good luck to you and the Brigade on finding your IRON. :tongue3: :tard: We will keep our King George coppas, Liberty Cap coppas, and mint state Spanish wilvers. :wink:

Keep your IRON passion high! :tongue3:

Kirk

Kirk, Zoy, and Zeus--I am still your friend, 100%...and not jealous at all of a spoon. :D But since one of your team chimed in on my post from May, I figured that the Colonial Boys could handle it. :wink: Sorry Zeus, I may have put my reply in the wrong post--but I thought you three were a team. Keeping each other in check is an important part of that. You have the Seniority, I assume. So it's time to put the past behind us, and I'll forgive all the requests to see photos of all the iron we've dug. ::) In fact, if one of you three requests it ever again, I will NOT be posting it--even though we dig large amounts of it to get the goodies. Perhaps we should agree to stop needling each other on each others' threads. :stop:

Best Wishes

-Buck

P.S.--The IRON passion has never been higher.
Thanks Buck...If seniority means older. Yes. I'm twice their age. If you mean am I their boss? Of course I am. No just kidding. We are equal partners. We share in responsibility.
No bad feelings. I just got a little defensive with my find. You can imagine my excitement when this find went from Kirk and Kyle saying they would throw it and me thinking it just checked off another column of something I never found before to WOW it really is a special find. That's all man.
Keep posting Buckles.
Chris

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Thanks Buck...If seniority means older. Yes. I'm twice their age. If you mean am I their boss? Of course I am. No just kidding. We are equal partners. We share in responsibility.
No bad feelings. I just got a little defensive with my find. You can imagine my excitement when this find went from Kirk and Kyle saying they would throw it and me thinking it just checked off another column of something I never found before to WOW it really is a special find. That's all man.
Keep posting Buckles.
Chris

I'm thrilled with your find too, buddy. The first Solid Silver Spoon is something you can never forget. It's great that it was a complete one. The one Rodeo found was in two pieces--he found the bowl earlier and thought it was aluminum...and only after he found the handle did he realize what he had.

Nice work, bud. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

:coffee2:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET FIND Chris! Its not everyday that you find a spoon that is that early and with a very good probability of it being made from Colonial Spanish Silver!!!!! :o :thumbsup: Congrats my friend and HATS OF TO YOU, you're KING for the day buddy!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an incredible find my friend :thumbsup:
Who needs coins when you pop something as sweet as that out of the ground. That is truly a piece of history.

PS:...actually I need coins...cause I don't find cool artifacts like that in my parks :D
Those hunts you 3 fellers' go on would be a blast.
Nice dig Chris :thumbsup:

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the solid silver spoon
and knowing that it very old makes it special.
Roger

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Fashionably late to post on this AWESOME find ... Chris its a keeper KEEPER :notworthy:

Looks like it went thru heck tho :sad11: even so I believe it went with a family name that was "upper crust"

I sure would like to know who E.A. was

Killer find CSZ :notworthy:

D. Dude 8)

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
{Sentinel} said:
SWEET FIND Chris! Its not everyday that you find a spoon that is that early and with a very good probability of it being made from Colonial Spanish Silver!!!!! :o :thumbsup: Congrats my friend and HATS OF TO YOU, you're KING for the day buddy!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:
Thanks Josh. I really wasn't that hyped up on it until it was identified and I had a chance to research the maker. Being made out of coin silver put it on a pedastal if you ask me.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
silverfreak said:
What an incredible find my friend :thumbsup:
Who needs coins when you pop something as sweet as that out of the ground. That is truly a piece of history.

PS:...actually I need coins...cause I don't find cool artifacts like that in my parks :D
Those hunts you 3 fellers' go on would be a blast.
Nice dig Chris :thumbsup:
Thanks my friend.
This really is the most important relic I ever found. I would rather have it over a spanish real.
Chris

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! I'm excited for you, you never know what'll turn up, do you?

HH,
Ramapirate

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zeus,

I just got done reading your sites about this relic and it is a dandy! :thumbsup: This is the 1st one I have seen posted...NO MAX! :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

We must hit it hard! We must! :coffee2:

Kirkevans 8)

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,
Congratulations on the spoon...what a great find.
NJ

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Colonial KirkPA said:
Zeus,

I just got done reading your sites about this relic and it is a dandy! :thumbsup: This is the 1st one I have seen posted...NO MAX! :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

We must hit it hard! We must! :coffee2:

Kirkevans 8)
You better believe it buddy boy.
Zeus

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions