Colonial KirkPA Finds New Wilver (1911)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Folks, :icon_study: :icon_sunny:

Good day to you guys and ladies (:-X :-X :D) on this pretty PA mornin'. At this moment in non-detecting time, I am sitting here thinking about coins. :tongue3: Before I could post my thread this morning, since I detected yesterday, I had to carry out my VERY 1st "Honey-Do" list. :D Frodov, beat this one! <big grin> :wink: :D Oh my, Stacia, had one coming to me. She just bombarded me with all of these duties. Check it out for yourself! :D Well, I am happy to relate that the "chores" are completed and CK is posting on here with a passion. :wink: :D :tongue3:

My story:
Since I had the day off, I thought, "I am going out to Colonial datect." Don in SJ, I love this hobby, dude, and I love you! :thumbsup: I decided to head out to a cornfield that had produced 3 Liberty Cap coppas, 2 Draped Busts, and a Connecticut coppa, so I had HIGH hopes! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: Within 2 minutes in this area, I got the typical "P" on "Penny" hit that pinpointed at 3.5". Oooohhhhhh, baby, I had another! I flopped the doyt and the target was in the clod. I out popped my Vibra and searched around for the definite coppa. Buuzzzzzzzz.....flipped the target....it was WILVER....Colonial! :headbang: I picked it up and looked at it and saw it was a 1911 Barber dime. :'( I, literally, yelled out, "DANG IT!!!" >:( :D Damn that farmer! >:( :D

I was NOT pumped up about this find, since, dudes, this should have been a "Greenie." :'( You would have felt my pain, if you had gotten the signal as well. I kept sweeping like John Walter and got another "P" on "Penny" hit. This one turned out to be a Colonial belt buckle! :thumbsup: Two feet from this, I excavated a Colonial musketball. :thumbsup:

The day soon ended after those recoveries. :( :wink: I just wanted to post the Barber dime for you guys who "like" them. Heck, it is kind of a cute-looking coin. :D

Keep the passion high, folks! :3some: :hello2: :headbang: :angel3:

Kirk
barber001.jpg

barber005.jpg

Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great digs kirk, while it wasnt what you were lookin for,they are still nice finds.Keep em comin.HH

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang bro. Did you have to give Stacia the barber dime too? ;D
No wonder I haven't seen you post much...your arms are too sore to detect from all the house chores ::)
Oh well ....at least Stacia is keeping you in line :thumbsup:

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
I noticed wife's Stacia's list was titled "THURSDAY"; what happens on Friday? :)

Great job detecting; as usual. With the page only loading the dime halfway, I must say the half I'm able to see looks pretty darn kewl!

Be careful with the Ajax! :)
GRB

Pa.Billy

May 10, 2008
Indiana Co. Pa......... finds include,confedera
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Hi Kirk,I get a high percentage of Barber coins around my part of pa also. It seems like that was the time period when things started happening around here. Of course I would like to find older coins but would also like to find some walking liberty's and coins from that time period but it's almost always the barber series of coins that I find.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kirk,

There are several types of honey-do lists, one is the "every day" list, and another is the "getting ready for guests" list. If that is the former, then I can understand the length, but if it's the "every day" list, you need to learn to negotiate it down to a managable level. ;D

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dearest KirkPA:
There has to be a correlation between your apparent domestication and that Barber dime! It's only going to get worse, let me assure you. Pretty soon, it'll be Mercs, then Roseys, and before too long you'll be digging clad! :'( There may be hope for you, though; I've found that the best way to eliminate the Honey-Do list is to foul up the assignments. "Oops! Wasn't I supposed to wash the white towels with those red shirts? Sorry, but I always set the iron on Cotton; I didn't realize it would ruin other fabric! I didn't mean to chip the best China; man, one little bump and the thing just shattered!" Do it right, and the Honey-Do list is history, along with the Barbers. ;D

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Kirk

If you are not careful I will hunt you down and smite you! :wink: I have been on the hunt for a BARBER antyhing for a long time now. I would love to find one!!!!!!!!

The fact that you don't get any enjoyment out of finding it just depresses me even more!

As for the honey do list, I have to agree. By doing things badly quite often you will never get asked to do them again. . . ::)

Let's see I haven't mowed the lawn in almost 4 years now. Seems I couldn't get it right. Hmmmmmmmm :wink:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that nice Barber Kirk. :thumbsup:

That list is even longer than mine.

It is not easy being the chief cook and bottle washer ;D

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
Haha...I am sooo sorry to read about your disappointing find man. Thats one heck of a list btw. It could have been worse, you could have found a V nickel with a barely readable date.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
After all that work,maybe you can talk stacy into diggin a few holes for ya.. :D That is a pretty coin ,it even looks new :wink: Keep up the search, the bust and spanish wilvers are there.. Its much better then a wheat penny.. Relic :icon_sunny: Whats up with bonedry detecting,still together..?

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok CK and Colonial photographed person my observations are ....

Consider those chores in a "colonial" frame of mind and they'll actually be FUN !! If you was back in Colonial type days the chores woulda been a bit different .. clear land of big trees.... fight off indians...defeat British in revolutionary war....hunt for dinner , kill dinner , clean and cook dinner ..slaughter wild bears and wolves...reap 10 acres of wheat and loose colonial coppa coins near log cabin for future CK to find ! :laughing7:

That 1911 Barber was , I'm certain , lost by a decendant of a colonial person so technically is a colonial find 6 degrees of seperation :munky2:

I myself have yelled a few obsenities in the cornfields at a dug indian head penny or merc dime in a unhappy fashion expecting a much older coin :laughing3:

Ya got out and found a bit of historee and a near colonial wilver and HEY...the chores are DONE !!

Nice finds :thumbsup:

Not bad :headbang:

Derek :icon_scratch: :icon_king

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Thanks, dudes, for the replies.

That was one of Stacia's small lists. :tongue3: :D

We will be hitting a new site on Sunday, so coppas should be there! :wink: :D

Kirk :thumbsup: :coffee2:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. . . It's a good thing that wasn't a wilver Rosie. . . we would have heard you :cussing: in Illinois

Keep the passion :wink:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
halfdime said:
Dearest KirkPA:
There has to be a correlation between your apparent domestication and that Barber dime! It's only going to get worse, let me assure you. Pretty soon, it'll be Mercs, then Roseys, and before too long you'll be digging clad! :'( There may be hope for you, though; I've found that the best way to eliminate the Honey-Do list is to foul up the assignments. "Oops! Wasn't I supposed to wash the white towels with those red shirts? Sorry, but I always set the iron on Cotton; I didn't realize it would ruin other fabric! I didn't mean to chip the best China; man, one little bump and the thing just shattered!" Do it right, and the Honey-Do list is history, along with the Barbers. ;D
My guess is that Kirk, in his infinite wisdom, has already tried this trick. The reason I think he has is because if you read the list carefully it says......"put the sheets back on the bed....THE RIGHT WAY!!!" I bet the last time he did it he fouled it up on purpose hoping she wouldn't ask him to do it again. :D :D :D :tongue3: Oh yeah.....Nice barber!! :wink: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread