Colonial KirkPA Finds New Wilver (1911)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Folks, :icon_study: :icon_sunny:

Good day to you guys and ladies (:-X :-X :D) on this pretty PA mornin'. At this moment in non-detecting time, I am sitting here thinking about coins. :tongue3: Before I could post my thread this morning, since I detected yesterday, I had to carry out my VERY 1st "Honey-Do" list. :D Frodov, beat this one! <big grin> :wink: :D Oh my, Stacia, had one coming to me. She just bombarded me with all of these duties. Check it out for yourself! :D Well, I am happy to relate that the "chores" are completed and CK is posting on here with a passion. :wink: :D :tongue3:

My story:
Since I had the day off, I thought, "I am going out to Colonial datect." Don in SJ, I love this hobby, dude, and I love you! :thumbsup: I decided to head out to a cornfield that had produced 3 Liberty Cap coppas, 2 Draped Busts, and a Connecticut coppa, so I had HIGH hopes! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: Within 2 minutes in this area, I got the typical "P" on "Penny" hit that pinpointed at 3.5". Oooohhhhhh, baby, I had another! I flopped the doyt and the target was in the clod. I out popped my Vibra and searched around for the definite coppa. Buuzzzzzzzz.....flipped the target....it was WILVER....Colonial! :headbang: I picked it up and looked at it and saw it was a 1911 Barber dime. :'( I, literally, yelled out, "DANG IT!!!" >:( :D Damn that farmer! >:( :D

I was NOT pumped up about this find, since, dudes, this should have been a "Greenie." :'( You would have felt my pain, if you had gotten the signal as well. I kept sweeping like John Walter and got another "P" on "Penny" hit. This one turned out to be a Colonial belt buckle! :thumbsup: Two feet from this, I excavated a Colonial musketball. :thumbsup:

The day soon ended after those recoveries. :( :wink: I just wanted to post the Barber dime for you guys who "like" them. Heck, it is kind of a cute-looking coin. :D

Keep the passion high, folks! :3some: :hello2: :headbang: :angel3:

Kirk
barber001.jpg

barber005.jpg

Upvote 0
What does Stacia's list say? I'll bet it says ....Find alot of things for Kirk to do so he can't detect.
OOOOOOOOOOOOF !!
::)
"One Barber Dime" said in a Daniel Smith accent
Not what we're after.
CSZ

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
What does Stacia's list say? I'll bet it says ....Find alot of things for Kirk to do so he can't detect.
OOOOOOOOOOOOF !!
Not what we're after.
CSZ

How about a Larry Miller voice? OOOOF

Lemons

damn kirk... how much do you charge to clean big houses?! ;D :wink: yeah... a barber isnt colonial but it is old and it is silver. still a great find whether you like it or not! ( you have got to be the only guy i know who doesnt like to dig barbers!) :P

Colonial Zoyboy said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOF !!
Not what we're after.
CSZ

Lemons
In a Larry Miller voice it's "silvers silver boy, I would have dug it but i wouldn't be able to get back up"
then he would start coughing and chokeing like on a chicken bone.
CSZ

Melt that new silver down into a silver lump and then hammer it into a colonial cob! :wink: :D :D What if it was an 1895 O barber dime? (@ $800.00 in F-12) Would you sell it and then bribe your way onto a good colonial site? ??? :wink: :o ;D

Colonial Zoyboy said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOF !!
Not what we're after.
CSZ

Lemons
In a Larry Miller voice it's "silvers silver boy, I would have dug it but i wouldn't be able to get back up"
then he would start coughing and chokeing like on a chicken bone.
CSZ

After the choking on a chicken bone like cough, I would state, "Larry, it is like you were choking on a chicken bone." :D

Snicket

halfdime said:
Dearest KirkPA:
There has to be a correlation between your apparent domestication and that Barber dime! It's only going to get worse, let me assure you. Pretty soon, it'll be Mercs, then Roseys, and before too long you'll be digging clad! :'( There may be hope for you, though; I've found that the best way to eliminate the Honey-Do list is to foul up the assignments. "Oops! Wasn't I supposed to wash the white towels with those red shirts? Sorry, but I always set the iron on Cotton; I didn't realize it would ruin other fabric! I didn't mean to chip the best China; man, one little bump and the thing just shattered!" Do it right, and the Honey-Do list is history, along with the Barbers. ;D

Hilarious Halfdime!!! ;D ;D ;D

Kirk,
You're not even married yet and you're getting lists like that? You are doomed Dude. What happened my man? You used to roar like a lion and now you are purring like a kitten. ;D And what's up with that "modern" dime? What's next CC tokens? ;D :wink:
Just busting your chops Kirk. I've been married 26 years this month, so my "honey do" list is like a friggin scroll !!! I just hired a 21 year old Swedish girl to help me with my house work. :wink: She doesn't clean worth a darn, but that's o.k. :thumbsup:
Congrats on the finds.

KYLE-
Looks like you and Zeus will be needing a new partner soon. :wink:

-MM-

Nice Barber, and I'll forgive ya for dissin' "new" silver, seeing that it's obvious you're even more whipped than me ::)

Very nice barber dime Kirk . Kathy laughed at your list . Next time it will be bigger . Maybe you will have to do the cooking and wash the dishes . :coffee2:

Kirk,

I love ya, but that ain't a Colonial buckle. ::) It's a common horse bridle buckle. I have 20 or 30 of 'em I'll sell ya at "colonial buckle" prices if ya like. :thumbsup:

Nice new silver there. ;D

(Actually, my fav is the musket ball. THAT's right up your Colonial alley, buddy!)

-Buckles

Nice Job there CK, silver always looks purdy in the dirt. :o

ModernMiner said:
halfdime said:
Dearest KirkPA:
There has to be a correlation between your apparent domestication and that Barber dime! It's only going to get worse, let me assure you. Pretty soon, it'll be Mercs, then Roseys, and before too long you'll be digging clad! :'( There may be hope for you, though; I've found that the best way to eliminate the Honey-Do list is to foul up the assignments. "Oops! Wasn't I supposed to wash the white towels with those red shirts? Sorry, but I always set the iron on Cotton; I didn't realize it would ruin other fabric! I didn't mean to chip the best China; man, one little bump and the thing just shattered!" Do it right, and the Honey-Do list is history, along with the Barbers. ;D

Hilarious Halfdime!!! ;D ;D ;D

Kirk,
You're not even married yet and you're getting lists like that? You are doomed Dude. What happened my man? You used to roar like a lion and now you are purring like a kitten. ;D And what's up with that "modern" dime? What's next CC tokens? ;D :wink:
Just busting your chops Kirk. I've been married 26 years this month, so my "honey do" list is like a friggin scroll !!! I just hired a 21 year old Swedish girl to help me with my house work. :wink: She doesn't clean worth a darn, but that's o.k. :thumbsup:
Congrats on the finds.

KYLE-
Looks like you and Zeus will be needing a new partner soon. :wink:

-MM-

Doug, Zeus and I are accepting applications now. OOOF

Kyle

P.S. I agree that this boy is whipped for life. :D ;D :D

Sorry to hear of your "misfortune" ???? in finding that Barber dime instead of a Colonial Copper.

Even though it isn't a Colonial coin it still is a good find. Good dig on the musket ball also. :thumbsup:

Hey Kirk!! How are things going for you, my friend? Sure looks like Stacia is keeping you real busy at the house. As long as she doesn't say, "It's me or the detector", you'll be alright... ;D ;D

A barber is a Good wilver find!! A spanish wilver would be a Great wilver find.

There's nothing like a little detecting to break up the monotony of the day's chores/stresses!!

Good luck on your next outing, my friend from PA!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

My wife's last honey do list was taken from her hand, torched with my lighter, and then asked her if there was anything else. I swear to GOD I did this! Didn't go over too good but Oh Well!

I hope you throw it back for the future dudes to find. :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back