Colonial KirkPA Finds New Wilver (1911)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Folks, :icon_study: :icon_sunny:

Good day to you guys and ladies (:-X :-X :D) on this pretty PA mornin'. At this moment in non-detecting time, I am sitting here thinking about coins. :tongue3: Before I could post my thread this morning, since I detected yesterday, I had to carry out my VERY 1st "Honey-Do" list. :D Frodov, beat this one! <big grin> :wink: :D Oh my, Stacia, had one coming to me. She just bombarded me with all of these duties. Check it out for yourself! :D Well, I am happy to relate that the "chores" are completed and CK is posting on here with a passion. :wink: :D :tongue3:

My story:
Since I had the day off, I thought, "I am going out to Colonial datect." Don in SJ, I love this hobby, dude, and I love you! :thumbsup: I decided to head out to a cornfield that had produced 3 Liberty Cap coppas, 2 Draped Busts, and a Connecticut coppa, so I had HIGH hopes! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: Within 2 minutes in this area, I got the typical "P" on "Penny" hit that pinpointed at 3.5". Oooohhhhhh, baby, I had another! I flopped the doyt and the target was in the clod. I out popped my Vibra and searched around for the definite coppa. Buuzzzzzzzz.....flipped the target....it was WILVER....Colonial! :headbang: I picked it up and looked at it and saw it was a 1911 Barber dime. :'( I, literally, yelled out, "DANG IT!!!" >:( :D Damn that farmer! >:( :D

I was NOT pumped up about this find, since, dudes, this should have been a "Greenie." :'( You would have felt my pain, if you had gotten the signal as well. I kept sweeping like John Walter and got another "P" on "Penny" hit. This one turned out to be a Colonial belt buckle! :thumbsup: Two feet from this, I excavated a Colonial musketball. :thumbsup:

The day soon ended after those recoveries. :( :wink: I just wanted to post the Barber dime for you guys who "like" them. Heck, it is kind of a cute-looking coin. :D

Keep the passion high, folks! :3some: :hello2: :headbang: :angel3:

Kirk
barber001.jpg

barber005.jpg

Upvote 0

Cokeman Sam

Feb 22, 2008
Hastings, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Dude, that list almost made me fall off my chair laughing! I thought I was the only one who got those. Although now, we have switched to dry erase board because we kept runnin out of paper.

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice find kirk, i'm still looking for my first barber dime

i hope things are getting somewhat better for you and your girl, i'm sure the last month was very trying with her father passing ...

take care,

kevin

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
vpone said:
nice find kirk, i'm still looking for my first barber dime

i hope things are getting somewhat better for you and your girl, i'm sure the last month was very trying with her father passing ...

take care,

kevin

Thanks, Kevin, for the reply. It has been getting better for the both of us. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Darn, dude, I haven't seen you on the forum in awhile. :D I hope you and Rob are finding some goodies! :thumbsup:

Kirk

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like Stacia's style!! That's one heck of a list. :wink: :)

I'm sorry you're losing your magic touch, Kirky. Remember: Silver is always nice! :tard: :thumbsup: :tongue3:

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Colonial KirkPA said:
Folks, :icon_study: :icon_sunny:

Good day to you guys and ladies (:-X :-X :D) on this pretty PA mornin'. At this moment in non-detecting time, I am sitting here thinking about coins. :tongue3: Before I could post my thread this morning, since I detected yesterday, I had to carry out my VERY 1st "Honey-Do" list. :D Frodov, beat this one! <big grin> :wink: :D Oh my, Stacia, had one coming to me. She just bombarded me with all of these duties. Check it out for yourself! :D Well, I am happy to relate that the "chores" are completed and CK is posting on here with a passion. :wink: :D :tongue3:
barber005.jpg

Oh my god!.. You actually GET a LIST???? Most of the time I'm either given explicit orders verbally or I have to play the Amazing Kreskin and GUESS what's on the agenda..er.. Honey-Do list. And Lord help me if I'm wrong! <grin> I swear! Where in the Owner's Manual (How to be a Proper Husband) does it tell us that we have to be mind readers? <laughing>
Maybe I got an outdated copy or something... or I'm just not being "TRAINED" properly.. but I'm not going to suggest that.. at least not verbally.. <Wincing and looking around nervously>

Uhhh.. got to go...

Frodov

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Gotta love those Barbers. As for that list...well I can't seem to manage to get all of that stuff done in a week at my house...at least not with detecting and all!!! Can I hire you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions