Concealing Firearms While Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd take a life for materialistic objects?

You have no way of knowing if they will take your life or your family's life durring robbery. If I am being robbed I will defend my family and my life with deadly force. If they don't want to risk their lives don't rob people...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
You have no way of knowing if they will take your life or your family's life durring robbery. If I am being robbed I will defend my family and my life with deadly force. If they don't want to risk their lives don't rob people...

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Good answer!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post! We just returned from a month vacation and was happy to see the threads. My post, regarding this same subject, was taken off and posted in the Political Forum which few go to. I was told the reason is that it was pulled was that carrying weapons is to political because of the shootings that have taken place in the U.S. I question the Administrators decision making.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G I it was moved because it turned political and your CM so we moved it there.

As long as thread posts remain non-political in nature and address the act if carrying not the politics involved it can remain here.

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply Treasure Hunter but I have one question:
Here was my post---After reading posts on many various topics I see that many folks carry a firearm when detecting. My question is why you carry and when have you wished that you previously had carried a firearm? I have a few pistols and rifles that are properly registered and I also have a permit to carry but just looking for clarification as to the need.
---- and here is this post----And here is this post----Hi all.
On a recent deep woods detecting trip, I encountered a fellow detectorist. We had a nice talk before I realized he was "strapped" with a gun. This made me ask why. He said, "ya never know"!?
Anyone else carry while detecting?
Peace...
--what is the difference?
Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Answer this, do you buy car, life or homeowners insurance? If so why?

I carry hoping I will never need but there if needed just like other insurances.....

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help me to understand what this has to do with politics. Same as, "do you wear a selt belt knowing that you will be in an accident or is there a possibility that you may be in an accident"? Still do not understand the difference in both postings. Specifically how do the postings differ?
Thanks,

Rich

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GI. I was unaware of your same topic thread. Didn't mean to step on your "toes".
Peace

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help me to understand what this has to do with politics. Same as, "do you wear a selt belt knowing that you will be in an accident or is there a possibility that you may be in an accident"? Still do not understand the difference in both postings. Specifically how do the postings differ?
Thanks,

Rich

Rich issue was not your original post but follow up replies...

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cincinnati,
I do not have any ill feelings whatsoever with you as you posted an excellent post and I am glad it stayed up. I should say an above excellent post judging by the huge response from fellow detectors. I read all the threads as you got what I wanted to know. Thanks for the help!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter,
Thanks for the reply and I read the responses and still puzzled. With that being said I won't belabor my point as Cincinnati-Kid got the responses I wanted to know. Thank you both for the clarification.

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good advice, but I never carry more than $50. If someone wants to rob me I just hand him my money clip and tell him have a nice day. If I shoot him the legal fees will be a lot more than $50.

In the State of Florida, if it's a justified shoot then there are no legal fees and the perp's family has no legal standing to sue - can't even get in the courthouse door to try. You have the right to self defense anywhere you have a legal right to be (Public etc.)
I love the Gunshine State. I would live nowhere else.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
See should have bumped an old one..I think I'll bump all of them. :p

BC

Mike, I have to admit I don't get your post...???

Sent from a empty soda can!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You will probably get as many crazy answers on this one as you did on the one TH just took off or locked and i don't blame him…

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You will probably get as many crazy answers on this one as you did on the one TH just took off and i don't blame him…

I guess I missed that one.

Sent from a empty soda can!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh that was in reference to the latest closed thread, I made a reply on the first page of that one that it would have been easier to just bump one of the 10+ threads on the subject in the last year.
I love my guns, I just wish I could legally possess them..bleh!
But I found a way around the law, my wife carries now :p

BC

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks PTP.
When I initially posted this thread May 12 2014, I had no idea others had posted many same topic threads.
It seems whenever the topic of carry/conceal pops up, the multitudes respond with multiple responses. As it should be. The recent same topic thread is surely a testament to same.
To each their own is in its purest form is what I've gathered from these concealed carry threads.
I choose not to carry, yet respect those who do.
Be grateful "we" have the choice.
Be safe and responsible in your choice.
Peace ✌

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that was in reference to the latest closed thread, I made a reply on the first page of that one that it would have been easier to just bump one of the 10+ threads on the subject in the last year.
I love my guns, I just wish I could legally possess them..bleh!
But I found a way around the law, my wife carries now :p

BC
Can't legally poses one? But if your wife has one and your in the same house/room....that's still OK?

And what the happened to the other gun thread?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread