Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Unfortunately they don't always allow you to do that, many are just plain evil scum...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

That is true. I let Mr. Glock deal with those people.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true. I let Mr. Glock deal with those people.

Just saying you can't depend on being safe by giving a thug what he wants, there are lots of news stories of victims being shot after peaceably surrendering their valuables....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just saying you can't depend on being safe by giving a thug what he wants, there are lots of news stories of victims being shot after peaceably surrendering their valuables....

Exactly. Which is why Mr. Glock goes with me everywhere.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
You know.. I've worked 45 years and now I'm retired and on SS...
I can't say this about others but, $50 isn't something I'd just give away to some low-life that's
unwilling to work for it!

I refuse to give up MY money to anyone if they want it they can take it off my dead body! You may think it is only money it it is money I need to get through the month.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Frank1960. Never looked at money that way, as I'm fortunate enough to still work. Good luck.
Peace

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will I give em the money? It depends on how many crusty zincs I have in my pocket verses the cost of 45 acp... I buy in bulk... Like Clint Eastwood said: "do you feel lucky?"

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will I give em the money? It depends on how many crusty zincs I have in my pocket verses the cost of 45 acp... I buy in bulk... Like Clint Eastwood said: "do you feel lucky?"
Yep
In my younger days I would give them the finger, no money.
Now being older, I smile wickedly, and show the Kimber in my waistband. (inside holster)
Safety first. Of course I would most likely stand up for another person being threatened too.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i always herd life is very valuable,the person who took your stuff can give it back once he finds the light,but you can not give back his life.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i always herd life is very valuable,the person who took your stuff can give it back once he finds the light,but you can not give back his life.
That to me, depends on the situation.
He is finding the light...you are a victim.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a little bravado may just carry the day, but just in case I would like to be the guy who brought a gun to a knife fight!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If he is robbing me or my family and is armed the "bright light" he goes toward is because of the choices he made......

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just read an incredibly stupid article in the latest issue of Lost Treasure magazine about self defense while detecting. No weapons are mentioned, not even pepper spray. Basically the author's advice is to engage the thugs in friendly conversation so they won't hurt you, throw down your wallet and detector and run LOL. I'm serious, that's the gist of the article.

I prefer to let Mr. Glock do the talking.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just read an incredibly stupid article in the latest issue of Lost Treasure magazine about self defense while detecting. No weapons are mentioned, not even pepper spray. Basically the author's advice is to engage the thugs in friendly conversation so they won't hurt you, throw down your wallet and detector and run LOL. I'm serious, that's the gist of the article.

Or fall down and play dead!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well that isn't happening. Sounds like the kind of advice given to women by liberal politicians when threaten with rape, "urinate on yourself"

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Treasure Hunter, you're spot on!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

If I'm being robbed the last thing I'm worried about is the criminals well being. He made the choice I'd he loses his life...well that's the consequence of the lifestyle he chose. I'm not loosing any sleep over him.

sent from a potato...

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
"the person who took your stuff can give it back once he finds the light"

He wouldn't need to look for long... I CAN SUPPLY THE LIGHT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread