xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to Canada with out one. A buddy had a holster in his truck and did not call it a fishing rod holder. Boy was that truck searched.
As to feeling safe? that,s not so much the reason to carry as putting a bullet in an antagonist bent on ones destruction.Carrying does not make one safe from everything.
Did not bother the bears to be sure though wouldn,t if armed and fishing either.. One trip there the authorities were looking for the guy who was cutting someone up and mailing pieces to different places. While not feeling unsafe about it someone was I imagine.

Yes lol Canadian customs are very very very thorough. However comparing land to airport crossing is night and day. However land the USA border gave me a harder time! They put me in secondary screening they ****ing tore my jeep up wires from under my dash questioned my puddle on the passenger floor I said heater core leak?. I got smart with them though. After the dyke yelled at me and pointed over to secondary I said uhh why. Then she yelled don't question my authority. Blah blah. The guy inside was cool but the people outside told me get out don't put my hands in my pocket or move. They said damn you gotta clean this out. I said I guess you can well you're looking for stuff that isn't in there. They are bullys.

However though airport going into Canada customs actually was nice and didn't grill me like a fish. USA just through me on a machine answered questions showed my passport to the officer and he said have fun? Yup. The receipt picture is really dark. He laughed said yea its pretty pointless then told me to go ahead. O'Hare btw.

Still my heart races when I go through customs. Unno. Also don't know why I rambled. Unno

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes there is a pucker factor at times. Been in interrogation once when my lucky number came up.That was after they tore the truck cab apart and found nothing. Never looked under the tarp over the bed.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ....... just decided to get my daughter a Glock 42 for her EDC (when the model 19 is not feasible) and was thinking what an awesome little pistol it would be to carry detecting when it is not practicle to carry the full rig. Short hunts etc.:laughing7:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is a pucker factor at times. Been in interrogation once when my lucky number came up.That was after they tore the truck cab apart and found nothing. Never looked under the tarp over the bed.

Lol once at the airport I witnessed someone almost get hit with a $850 fine. They had Chinese take out from O'Hare. Well it had meat and they didn't claim it on customs form you get on the plane.

I go up there quite a bit well just started. Stay there a couple weeks to visit. I get interrogated every single time well not interrogated just show them my bankroll and return ticket and blah address I'm staying at give me a paper to turn in when I leave if I don't I get a Canadian warrant 0.0. They nice about it though. I also love timmies we need timmies in the southern States! Ice caps and Tim bits all day.

Last edited:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ....... just decided to get my daughter a Glock 42 for her EDC (when the model 19 is not feasible) and was thinking what an awesome little pistol it would be to carry detecting when it is not practicle to carry the full rig. Short hunts etc.:laughing7:

I wanna get a little gun something to throw in my pocket so when I'm in the ghetto part a town I got a piece. Small caliber guns can do a lot of damage! They enter and stay.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I own both the Springfield .45 XD and the smaller .45XDs version... My carry piece for the beach is the Ruger LC9 with laser sight....

The red laser beam is added warning with out pulling trigger when it is pointed at someone as that is where the lead is going to hit...Laser is activated when finger touches button just below trigger..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both the Springfield .45 XD and the smaller .45XDs version... My carry piece for the beach is the Ruger LC9 with laser sight....

The red laser beam is added warning with out pulling trigger when it is pointed at someone as that is where the lead is going to hit...Laser is activated when finger touches button just below trigger..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

If ever needed shoot him in the knee then call the cops lol

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I said at the first of this thread that I would like to get a Bond Arms derringer in .45colt only in the 4 1/4"barrel...
only because Bond no longer offers a derringer in .44 Mag.

But,, did you know...

A Bond derringer that has a 4 1/4" barrel that will shoot both the .45 Colt and .410 shoot shell will also chamber...

are you ready for this?

.45 Long Colt
.410 shot shell(both 2 1/2" &3")
.454 Casull
.460 S&W
.45-70

... don't think I'd pull the trigger on the last three!:laughing7:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you carry in the states and you go to Canada, would you feel safe without your gun? Just wondering.

I feel safe wherever I go, with or without my firearm. But I feel more prepared to deal with potentially life threatening situations when I am armed, hence Mr. Glock goes with me everywhere I go. Kind of like the nitro tablets I carry with me for my heart (I have 3 stents). I never need them, but they're there in case I ever do.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As i stated already, please keep ALL politics out of thread...

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I feel safe wherever I go, with or without my firearm. But I feel more prepared to deal with potentially life threatening situations when I am armed, hence Mr. Glock goes with me everywhere I go. Kind of like the nitro tablets I carry with me for my heart (I have 3 stents). I never need them, but they're there in case I ever do.

something you learned in the boy scouts perhaps, be prepared. My father taught me that when I was a young boy. He told me I should always carry a days pay in my wallet. That way if I meet a good lucking blonde I would have enough for the motel. He also told me I should wear louse clothing, in case I had to go a

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
something you learned in the boy scouts perhaps, be prepared. My father taught me that when I was a young boy. He told me I should always carry a days pay in my wallet. That way if I meet a good lucking blonde I would have enough for the motel. He also told me I should wear louse clothing, in case I had to go a

A few fast rounds with someone. They dont make them like him anymore. Navy ww2 vet.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

All good advice, but I never carry more than $50. If someone wants to rob me I just hand him my money clip and tell him have a nice day. If I shoot him the legal fees will be a lot more than $50.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
All good advice, but I never carry more than $50. If someone wants to rob me I just hand him my money clip and tell him have a nice day. If I shoot him the legal fees will be a lot more than $50.

its only money..the have a nice day is very thoughtful and a nice touch.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unfortunately they don't always allow you to do that, many are just plain evil scum...

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
its only money..the have a nice day is very thoughtful and a nice touch.

You know.. I've worked 45 years and now I'm retired and on SS...
I can't say this about others but, $50 isn't something I'd just give away to some low-life that's
unwilling to work for it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread