Concealing Firearms While Detecting

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There isn't much gun violence there as here. I would not be surprised if there was pistols in Canada. Actually I'm 99% sure some have been smuggled in I'm sure they are worth a ton on the black market. Sort of like bringing ammo into NY and selling it 5x what you played. Protection against animals the spray is better I'd guess.

The point is up there you don't have to really worry and need a gun. Say all the criminals in the States didn't have a gun would you still need to have one? I'm pretty sure the only people up there that could afford a illegal pistol are upper middle class or a successful fellow that sells products illegally. The working man wouldn't use the gun for bad. The fellow would most likely just use it as protection.
I don't own one not much of anything that can kill you. The "thugs" won't pull the trigger. A cop told me 70% of the guns they get from them have no ammo in it.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa hand guns are legal you just need a restricted license

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
More than a few times I went in the woods hunting with 3006 or 270 or whatever, and I had my trusty tecter with me and I found a ton of goodies. Let's not do another survey, about concealed weapons, in the woods, while tectin. How many tecterists bring metal detectors in the woods with them while they have guns? Who out there wheres black thongs while tectin? Who gives a flying frik?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Once, while detecting, in a remote abandoned ski hill from the twenties, I ran into a hot brunette swinging an Etrac (of all things) and I found out she was wearing a black thong. Just wondering, does anybody else out there wear a black thong out there while tectin out there, tectin? Thanks. I do. I just cant resist to ask, I cant help it. Her black thong was concealed too, but I found out about it anyway. I of course was carrying, but she never had a clue. I always carry, even to church, you never know when you might have to gun some sumbich down. Never leave home without it. Hope this helps. Best regards, gleaner1. WTF

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Once, while detecting, in a remote abandoned ski hill from the twenties, I ran into a hot brunette swinging an Etrac (of all things) and I found out she was wearing a black thong. Just wondering, does anybody else out there wear a black thong out there while tectin out there, tectin? Thanks. I do. I just cant resist to ask, I cant help it. Her black thong was concealed too, but I found out about it anyway. I of course was carrying, but she never had a clue. I always carry, even to church, you never know when you might have to gun some sumbich down. Never leave home without it. Hope this helps. Best regards, gleaner1. WTF

I only wore a thong once at the beach. I'm old and out of shape. Anyway I'm at south beach Florida walking around im my thong drunk out of my mind and I got arrested. I didn't get arrested for being drunk but for wearing a thong bathing suit. I didn't know it had a front and a back!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I only wore a thong once at the beach. I'm old and out of shape. Anyway I'm at south beach Florida walking around im my thong drunk out of my mind and I got arrested. I didn't get arrested for being drunk but for wearing a thong bathing suit. I didn't know it had a front and a back!

Lol!

sent from a potato...

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I carry to church.

Me too. If a dirtbag muslim terrorist decides to kill a bunch of Christians, he better not pick my church.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I some times carry a stainless revolver chambered in .22 LR , but it's not concealed.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry 95% of the time everywhere I can legally carry, only time I don't carry is if I'm going in the water with my detector...

You could carry a spear gun. Could be some dangerous sharks in the water AND on the beach. (lol)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry 95% of the time everywhere I can legally carry, only time I don't carry is if I'm going in the water with my detector...

You could carry a spear gun. Could be some dangerous sharks in the water AND on the beach. (lol)

If I'm am not going in the surf and it is desolate beach I still carry... If I'm going in the water I have an expensive 10 inch filet knife I found in the surf I carry in my belt, you can tell it spent time in water by the handle but the blade is surgical steel and still sharp......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Some sharks on the beach as well as some harbor hogs! Lol

sent from a potato...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a water bottle made from bladder of bear then covered in clay with buffalo horn top, bird whistles and fetishes attached to leather straps wrapped around bottle for hanging I bought over 20 years ago as part of a 3 piece deal including an axe and bowl.

Last offer I turned down for just water bottle is 8 times what I paid for all 3.... and is worth thousands.......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm am not going in the surf and it is desolate beach I still carry... If I'm going in the water I have an expensive 10 inch filet knife I found in the surf I carry in my belt, you can tell it spent time in water by the handle but the blade is surgical steel and still sharp......
Sounds like my favorite knife; RAPALA!! I use to show off by shaving the hair off of my arm with mine. Oh, I spent a year as first mate on a deep sea party boat in FL getting hands on experience for my skippers license.

The tourists loved to gather on the stern and watch me feed the seagulls scraps from the cut bait. (lol)

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carry a gun...OH YEAH...Concealed...OH YEAH
And besides the obvious defense it affords, am I the only one old enough to remember firing 3 shots was the signal that you were lost or needed help? And before you believe you can't get lost...try a Georgia swamp where the clouds come over and obscure the sun, you are busy looking around for pesky vipers, and the Kudzu won't let you walk in a straight line.
No substitute for a gun when you need one I always say

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I remember well seeing 3 flares while cruising back to camp in my boat. It was July 4th, so the first didn't mean anything to me, but when I saw 3 I KNEW there was something wrong. A few minutes later I found them in the middle of the lake, they had swamped and sunk their boat.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only when I feel the need; usually in the woods. No other dangerous areas around here.

If I could lose 3 1/2 pounds, maybe it would be different!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Only when I feel the need; usually in the woods. No other dangerous areas around here.

If I could lose 3 1/2 pounds, maybe it would be different!
Weight loss is easy, if you have the determination to do what I did..I lost 231 pounds over a 18 month period, all I ate was boiled cabbage, and one slim fast a day for the vitamins and carbs/protein.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread