Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading the mass responses to this thread, I attended a local gun show this past weekend and purchased a small pocket pistol to carry while detecting. The original 38 special, a Raven 25 semi-auto.
I don't know what I was thinking? I don't need it. I can take most men down with my hands and feet if needed, as we all can.
Never once have I felt threated enough while metal detecting to wish I had a gun. Hope I don't, cause I'm gonna continue without.
Peace...

Most of us can, but a Black Belt cop buddy of mine carries most of the time; he lives in an urban area. He was once faced down by 5 guys and simply asked, "Who wants to be first?".

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bubbas_Deer_Rifle.jpg I always carry when off the beaten path.......

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Arming a whole country indriscrimately doesn't make people polite. It makes intimidation. People in Canada are polite cause we don't feel intimidated by what "" every day Joe "" has hiding cause if he does he spent the time and effort to get one legally and won't flash it around.

I'm on a border town and the streets feel dead on the American side could be cause all the guns ?? I wouldn't mess with Americans they might take some sort of offense. And most are armed with guns designed for killing humans. Scary place USA ...... Intimidation shouldn't be a right. And being scared is not polite

Scribe

Feb 18, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can carry in MN, but normally don't feel it necessary. If I do run into problems it's usually the snotty remarks from very uninteresting people. Now if I'm going more backwoods or in areas with dangerous wildlife then that's a little different. I'll admit that I might be a little more leery if I were in a more urbanized area with shady characters...which is probably why I don't go in those areas usually.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arming a whole country indriscrimately doesn't make people polite. It makes intimidation. People in Canada are polite cause we don't feel intimidated by what "" every day Joe "" has hiding cause if he does he spent the time and effort to get one legally and won't flash it around.

I'm on a border town and the streets feel dead on the American side could be cause all the guns ?? I wouldn't mess with Americans they might take some sort of offense. And most are armed with guns designed for killing humans. Scary place USA ...... Intimidation shouldn't be a right. And being scared is not polite

I beg to differ, many studies show an armed society is a safer society. Ever wonder why there is so much gun violence in Chicago, NYC etc? Its because the civilian populace cannot express their 2 amendment right.

“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.”

- Mao Tze Tung, Nov 6, 1938

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but your not an American, its commonplace for people outside the US to no fully understand the idea of the US Constitution and what it means.

"WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness--That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed.

The Founders were declaring that we are all equal, and that we are defined by rights that we are born with, not given to us by government. Among those rights is the right to pursue happiness--to live our lives as we think best, as long as we respect the right of all other individuals to do the same. The Founders also declared that governments are created by people to secure their rights. Whatever powers government has are not "just" unless they come from us, the people."

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Few guns would not be capable of killing a human. Shooting someone because you are offended is not justified with out their means and ability and intent to kill you and if you can prove it in court you may still face civil suits.The repercussions following a justifiable killing can get very costly and public perception can as in one case I lived near cause you to relocate. Its no casual approach when some one is aware of the legal ramifications so no desire to use a weapon to shoot a fellow human even if aside from morality only the law is considered. With handguns the required instruction is clear about self defense and its not taken lightly. It troubles me not that others carry legally as they want to retain being able to do so which keeps their behavior top shelf and only those criminal elements need be concerned that would endanger others lives. Its not the wild west or society when most had weapons in the not too distant past. Few then were for mayhem but were for protection. Not so far removed from today though.
A study of American gun law on your part may or may not suggest why and how they can be carried and used. Don,t feel intimidated when I carry. I have no desire for conflict and am still myself.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I beg to differ, many studies show an armed society is a safer society. Ever wonder why there is so much gun violence in Chicago, NYC etc? Its because the civilian populace cannot express their 2 amendment right.

“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.”

- Mao Tze Tung, Nov 6, 1938

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but your not an American, its commonplace for people outside the US to no fully understand the idea of the US Constitution and what it means.

"WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness--That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed.

The Founders were declaring that we are all equal, and that we are defined by rights that we are born with, not given to us by government. Among those rights is the right to pursue happiness--to live our lives as we think best, as long as we respect the right of all other individuals to do the same. The Founders also declared that governments are created by people to secure their rights. Whatever powers government has are not "just" unless they come from us, the people."

Statically NYC has the lowest crime rate of the nations ten largest cities.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equal if you were a white landowner. Thats how it started.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?..and yet a bodega owner in the Bronx still cannot defend himself nor his business from armed criminals...thanks to former mayor Bloomturd his little minions...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Statically NYC has the lowest crime rate of the nations ten largest cities.

333 murdered in New York last year won,t find much consolation in that. Nation wide crime has been dropping for twenty plus years. Though financial crime may not figure in federal studies,N.Y. might get a lower rating if it did. What New York did and is doing regarding crime is commendable. Its gun control policies are not in my opinion. Maybe there,s proof of a connection to them I don,t see, but their study of root causes of crime has generated a theory proven enough to take note of.
The nation wide increase in gun owners and concealed carry did not result in the mayhem and wild west mentality predicted by opponents. Criminals need to consider they are not the only ones armed outside of gunfree zones.Falling Crime Rates Challenge Long-Held Beliefs : NPR

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT

Are you Intimidated and scared when you're around police carrying a handgun? ..no?
Then why would you be around a citizen who is legal to carry? ... the only difference is the uniform.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Are you Intimidated and scared when you're around police carrying a handgun? ..no?
Then why would you be around a citizen who is legal to carry? ... the only difference is the uniform.

I just don't get this argument. Cops have been screened, trained and evaluated psychology for fitness. Some states anyone can carry a gun with few restrictions.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Um, how is a concealed gun intimidation??? USA is scary? Why are you afraid of freedom?

sent from a potato...

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am trained pretty well with a firearm actually, whether is be a Mark 19 to a .177 cal air rifle. All the training matters not when the moment of truth arises. The question you need to ask yourself is, when the choice life or death confronts you head on, do you have it in you to pull the trigger on another human being without restraint or remorse?

Whats the saying, if you whip it out you better use it..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politics out of discussion so thread doesn't get locked. ..

We carry for protection as is our right, let's leave it at that....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politics out of discussion so thread doesn't get locked. ..

We carry for protection as is our right, let's leave it at that....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

My apologies TH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions