Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fantastic event put on by Aquanut as always......

As usual the food was out of the world and lots of it, John my hats off to you for all you do, you are a great person to help put this together for Tom...

It was great to see everyone and to meet new people. The auction was great with some very spirited bidding on some great items, wish I could have won a couple, but the bidding went beyond me. I do hope we were able to help Tom some..

A SPECIAL thanks to the people who contributed for the auction, to the vendors who donated their time and detectors and a specal thanks to KellyCo for what you did...

Anyone who missed it missed a fantastic time.........:headbang:

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I got called in to work. I have three Large pans of baked beans, mighty tasty but way to much for my needs. I've been sampling them for two days. I'm going to buy some Beano and see if it really works. I definitely have a base line to test it against.

BeachComber7

May 12, 2012
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Treasure Hunter, John did a fantastic job! There was plenty of food, raffle items, the weather was beautiful and it seemed a good time was had by all! The kids really loved their little metal detecting area and were thrilled with their coin finds! It was also wonderful to meet people i communicate with on this web site!

Thanks John for all your hard work in putting this event together!

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great job on the video! Jennifer and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed seeing everyone. Its nice to see everyone pull together and do whatever they can to make something like this go off so smoothly. John, we are all lucky to count you as a friend, what you do is amazing and I am so thankful that you put forth the effort to make this thing happen. All of our hats are off to you bud!

Jason

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could not have had a better time......
Mr. John, 1st class all the way and many many thanks. And thanks to all, the Mrs. Aquanut and little Aquanuts working their tails off! To everyone that contributed, ty. A good time was had by all! It's always good to fellowship among good folks, feels more like family, than just ppl ya know,
ya know.
Thank you to all......
(J&J friends, what can I say! LOL! Pleasure as always!)

M4W, pleasure to spend time with you, we'll get ya on our G-rated lists, there's quite a few good laughs to share!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It was the first one I've been to and it was for a first-class cause! I hope Tom won't mind me sharing that he was tearing up at how overwhelmed he was by the benefit and the funds raised on his behalf. He was and is supported by all through our prayers and generosity. Monica was upbeat and seeing the outpouring of encouragement was something that moved even this old cynical fart from NC. Kudos to John and all those who were running behind the scenes to make it happen!

More pics, please!
Darren

BeachComber7

May 12, 2012
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go Darren, i took tons of pics at the cook out! I am sure more photos will be posted as the people get home.

P1030209 - Copy.JPG P1030215 - Copy.JPG P1030232 - Copy.JPG P1030246 - Copy.JPG P1030286 - Copy.JPG P1030194 - Copy.JPG P1030221 - Copy.JPG Tom G.JPG

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just got back from the cookout. It was a tremendous success. I counted about 200 people out there. John did a fantastic job putting this together.Here are some more pics.

DCP01576.JPG DCP01575.JPG DCP01574.JPG DCP01571.JPG

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You all wore me out. I am getting ready for my 2nd nap of the day.

What a fantastic event with a great group of people. If I wasn't laughing yesterday, I was crying, as Darren noted, humbly moved by all of the support.

It was great to see so many old friends and make so many new ones.

So many people to thank, too many in fact, but John Redman, God Bless you brother.

Some pics will follow in a day or two.

Tom

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I do want to thank Aquanut again for puttong together such a great party and fund raiser. Without your push it could not have gotten so big. Another gthaks to Capt Dom for starting the fund raising by auctioning some cobs off his wreck. That was great too. We had a great time seeing new faces and matching them up to screen names Very good food perfect setting fantastic music and of course the people who made this fund raiser for Tom and really good thing. I enjoyed talking to many new faces and still didnt get to talk to all i wanted to. The vemders that were there Kellyco and a Whites dealer from Sebastian were great. So much generousity. I didnt take any pics but it was the most treasure hunters gathered together to help one of their own I have ever seen.

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to see you all again.
Tom, Keep the Faith brother, Good to chat you and Ms. Monica
Thanks John, For all you did .. You Da man!
A few Pics cnew 02.jpg cnew 03.jpg cnew 084.jpg cnew 085.jpg cnew 088.jpg cnew 089.jpg cnew 091.jpg cnew 092.jpg cnew 093.jpg cnew 094.jpg cnew 096.jpg cnew 097.jpg cnew 098.jpg cnew 099.jpg cnew 100.jpg cnew 101.jpg cnew 102.jpg cnew 103.jpg cnew 104.jpg cnew 106.jpg cnew 108.jpg cnew 107.jpg cnew 110.jpg cnew 111.jpg cnew 112.jpg cnew 113.jpg cnew 114.jpg cnew 115.jpg cnew 116.jpg cnew 117.jpg cnew 118.jpg cnew 119.jpg cnew 120.jpg cnew 121.jpg cnew 122.jpg cnew 123.jpg cnew 125.jpg cnew 126.jpg

Attachments

• cnew 095.jpg
    cnew 095.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 87
  • cnew 127.jpg
    cnew 127.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fund Raiser Cookout 021.jpg Fund Raiser Cookout 035.jpg Thanks to all who participated and a special Thanks to John and Debbie for their unequaled generosity and work. Also, a Happy Birthday to John! You keep having birthdays and you'll get as old as me one day. Even the Little Aquanut Pirate was doing his best to help out. Fund Raiser Cookout 013.jpg Fund Raiser Cookout 028.jpg Also, A Happy Birthday to Jeff, Comfortably Numb. Klingon beamed down.jpg Klingons Friend is confused.jpg

Last edited:

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was superior in every way! Hats off to John's crew too! Same folks all the time, year after year. I don't even know their names. What a bunch of workers! Takes somebody like John to get them to sweat on a deal like this.

Speaking of names, Daniel Weeks (maybe it was Week) bought that 4 reale at auction. Does anybody know him or how to get hold of him? I talked to him very briefly, but did not get his photo or address... beer.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I and the wife had a great time at the picnic. It was good to see some old friends of related interests. I was dragging around a bit as I came up from south Florida after working all night. Enjoyed the day and the stay at the Pennwood. It was nice talking with you Dell, Dom, Jason, Tom and others. I finally got over to the beach one week late--on Sunday morning. The bluff I am standing next to was a good 20-feet above my head after the hurricane about six years ago. It has subsided considerably and much has sanded in. I was using a lightweight Tesoro and left the serious detectors at home giving consideration that I probably would not have time to search extensively. Had to report back to work Sunday evening and thus, could not stay in Sebastian too long. Thank You especially to John for your efforts put forth to organize this successful event. I'm hoping to see more Treasure Expos in the future.

tr-exp-1.jpg
tr-exp-2.jpg tr-exp-3.jpg tr-exp-4.jpg tr-exp-5.jpg tr-exp-6.jpg tr-exp-7.jpg tr-exp-8.jpg tr-exp-9.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread