Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
As I mentioned earlier, I'll be donating a 1783 Mexico City 8R from the El Cazador. I personally conserved it and it was part of my payment for conserving the clump for a dealer that consigns at Pat Croce's museum. Part of the edge was exposed to the sea and shows it, but the other part (2/3rds) was sandwiched between two other coins and depicts uncirculated details. Not your typical El Cazador that is offered in shops or online. This one was one of 10 that was cherrypicked out of a 100 coin clump. I will attempt to take photos again. I took photos this morning, but my camera/photog skills really stinks.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
As I mentioned earlier, I'll be donating a 1783 Mexico City 8R from the El Cazador. I personally conserved it and it was part of my payment for conserving the clump for a dealer that consigns at Pat Croce's museum. Part of the edge was exposed to the sea and shows it, but the other part (2/3rds) was sandwiched between two other coins and depicts uncirculated details. Not your typical El Cazador that is offered in shops or online. This one was one of 10 that was cherrypicked out of a 100 coin clump. I will attempt to take photos again. I took photos this morning, but my camera/photog skills really stinks.

See if your camera has a flash to still the image and a macro setting.
John

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
.. Anybody out there have a port-a potty or two they'd like to donate to this?

John
They can be rented for at $150.00 each.. They can drop it off on Friday and they will pick it back up Monday.
That is the cheapest I can find. Out of Fort pierce..
Of course Donated would be the best

Jayong63

Greenie
Dec 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what time is all this supposed to go down? I haven't seen a time mentioned anywhere for Saturday. Forgive me if I missed it.

Jorge

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Yeah the flyer never mentions a time that I saw.
Thanks!

It's an all day thing. In past cookouts lot of people show up late morning, The food should be ready around 1pm. Then we'll have the auctions and raffles. After that, well have the treasurehunt Bigdogdad is trying to organize.
Aquanut

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
John Lynn and I will be staying thete Friday night so we can help with setup either Friday evening and Saturday .

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sean Loughman of The Pirates Chest donated a 8 reale Consolacion coin for auction. Comes with a cert. I will bring it with me John-won't have time to mail it to you.

Pirates_Chest

pirates chest donation.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Ray Walker from Kellyco just called and said Fisher is sending a F75 Metal Detector to add to the collection for the auction/raffle! WooHoo!

Tommy Vawter posted this on Treasureworks: He's donating these from their Mayan Collection!

Aquanut

Attachments

• 006.jpeg
    006.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 008.jpeg
    008.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 96
  • 010.jpeg
    010.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am really tempted to get some of THAT pottery! Love that stuff. Should be some serious money.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mike, Tommy, John et all, it looks like this is coming along nicely. Mike, I got your very nice card.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your support. There have been so many people contributing in so many ways that I know I will never get to thank everyone personally.

Anyone who has sent me a card, donation etc directly I have/am responding with thank you notes.

If you see me at the cookout, be sure to tell me your treasureworks or treasurenet nickname, as I AM TERRIBLE WITH REMEMBERING NAMES.

All the best, Tom (mad4wrecks)

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll arrive Friday morning with the tables and chairs. Need to head back to work for a few, but will return to help with what ever.
You've ask for a strong back and a weak mind, That be me..

Belly.gif

graffixgirl

Apr 6, 2008
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800_MineLab Excalibur II_Titan3000DX w/DDcoil_minelab 505 w/DD coil AND "My vibe"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
aquanut said:
Darren, I'm going to send you to the store Saturday morning to get all the stuff we're missing. I just don't know yet what that will be! LOL!

Hey john, will be there friday with lisa and can run to store too. Will help set up...so we can be helpful hands, n friendly faces

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread