Cookout/Benefit for Mad4wrecks

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am at home and resting comfortably. Hope to see you all on Nov. 3rd.

Tom

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Glad to see you back, Tom.

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOM,Glad your home. Mike...... see you Nov 3rd

Last edited:

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Brother glad to see you back!!!

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
I got a nice email from Tom, his surgery earlier this week. His surgery went well, but he is in a lot of pain and has a long recovery road ahead of him. I sent him a check as well as a free book. Hope the one helps him pocket book and the other lifts his spirits. I am going to list another book on Ebay and this time let it run as a 7 day auction. (last time it was a 3-day auction) Once again, profits from the sale will go to help Tom with his medical bills. It is the least I can do for an old friend. I know Tom would do the same for me if the situation were reversed.

The Treasure Fleet of 1715 Search for The Queen's Jewels Shipwrecks Florida | eBay

Get Well Tom

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll get it started. Great job Galleon Hunter

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I talked with Ray Walker with Kellyco today. I think at the very least they will be donating a metal detector for the raffle/auction. They may donate more. I will get back with the details as I get them.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can send some of my clad finds into a money order to help

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well, I'm back from the Keys! Had a good time and managed to recruit a little help with the cookout while down there.
Hey Dell, the Steel Drums are perfect. We'll also have a DJ. They can give each other a break so they too can enjoy the cookout. I'm going over to Kellyco either tomorrow or Thursday to talk to them about the cookout.
Rest up Tom! We'll all want to see you at the Big Event!

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
John, I received the posters. Thank You. Placed one at a Metal detecting shop in Pompano Beach (Reilly's); Another is at the large Dive shop in Ft. Lauderdale associated with Outdoor World. The latter establishment, which has many customers with a broad interest of diving; stated they would place the poster on their community bulletin board. At both places, those who saw it took immediate interest. Great Artwork BTW... .I will place others at a few local dive shops near the beach.
BTW- I decided to lose a day of work. You were absolutely correct in your PM to me. I will force myself to relax. The wife and I will attend. Haven't seen you or Dell since Pegleg's (R-I-P) Treasure Expo in Cocoa Beach, back when the Gold Wreck Exhibit was at the museum in Tampa. I will probably work the night before and wife will drive why I catch up on some sleep. My prayer goes out for Mr. Gidus to have a quick and complete recovery. Amen.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Southern Digger,
Glad you decided to make it. Life is too short.
Aquanut

John, Life is too short. For us rookies that didn't make it to the new AO for the last cook out. Could you post the address again so us old men with short a short memory know how to get there??? :skullflag:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I've made my reservation last night. Virgina (PennWood Lodge) was out of town for the past week and her husband was holding down the fort. He was unable to make the reservations last week as he wasn't aware of room availability. I should be there about noon or so depending on traffic from up here in St. Augustine. I'll be bringing with me an El Cazador 8R for auction.

Last edited:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My prayers to you Tom. Im currently homeless but my problems are pale in comparison.

The show of support is amazing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I've made my reseration last night. Virgina (PennWood Lodge) was out of town for the past week and her husband was holding down the fort. He was unable to make the reservations last week as he wasn't aware of room availability. I should be there about noon or so depending on traffic from up here in St. Augustine. I'll be bringing with me an El Cazador 8R for auction.

That's great!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
John, Life is too short. For us rookies that didn't make it to the new AO for the last cook out. Could you post the address again so us old men with short a short memory know how to get there??? :skullflag:

Old Man Here's the flyer I made up. Call me if you want.
Aquanut

Attachments

• Cookout Flyer.jpg
    Cookout Flyer.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 108

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am at home and resting comfortably. Hope to see you all on Nov. 3rd.

Tom

My prayers for a very:icon_flower: speedy recovery:icon_thumright: and comfort for you and all who surrounds you with all their Love:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread