Crappy Post Office

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Ok, so I sold my second box of $100 copper pennies on feebay for $152 including shipping and I did the standard stuff. Packaged it up and took it to the post office the next day after receiving payment. I gave it to them Thursday and it was suppossed to be scanned for acceptance, but it wasn't!!!! I insured it through feebay JUST so I wouldn't have the chance of losing out on $100, all the post office had to do was scan it for acceptance, and everything would have been ok for me. It was shipped priority mail and it should arrive to buyers house, who is all the way on the other side of the country, TUESDAY! I mean give me a break! I guess I'm going to have to ask them to let me see that it is scanned for acceptance. I can't deal with the stress of worrying whether or not it is going to get there because I can't afford to lose $100 out of my bankroll. Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to just sit back and see what happens?

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, your mom is the biggest buzzkill ever.

Here's an Idea. Stop informing your parents of your silver finds. Tah Dah! Sell it Craigslist, or ebay to increase the Bank roll. Sell it me for Christs sake, I'll give you spot if you really need some cash.

Totally wrong to tell a 16 year old this........ His mother is doing EXACTLY what parents are suppose to do......

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally wrong to tell a 16 year old this........ His mother is doing EXACTLY what parents are suppose to do......

HAHA . Is their a rule against bad advice to underaged members? Tthe benifits of micromanaging parenting...Hmm...I don't know about that.

Craigslist has it's own rules, as well as ebay. I don't know their rules. Underaged posts/listing allowed? I don't know.

I understand you are in a legal bind being under the age of 18. I beleive this legal binding to be good for some folks. But not everyone is the same. It's a cultural thing.

100 years ago, this 16 year old could have been treated like an adult. With a family, a farm, and a way to make a living.

Today though, he has to ask permission to sell a silver dime. Do you see how this is weak, and disempowering?

I lost plenty of time and money thrugh online scams when I was his age. It made me smarter, and helped me grow up.

Thanks for volunteering your time on the boards though!

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a difference between asking permission and being fully restricted.

Kids tend to be very spontaneous and can make bad decisions on a whim. That's what a parent should be there to prevent.

CopperCrazy has been posting for a month that he wishes to sell some silver to increase his bankroll. I agree with his mother that he shouldn't sell it, but he's clearly thought it thru and it's his fun, enjoyment, and property. He could very well find more with an increased bankroll. Selling something she bought or provided would be wrong (PS3), but something he worked for.. different story.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kids tend to be very spontaneous and can make bad decisions on a whim. That's what a parent should be there to prevent.

CopperCrazy has been posting for a month that he wishes to sell some silver to increase his bankroll. I agree with his mother that he shouldn't sell it, but he's clearly thought it thru and it's his fun, enjoyment, and property. He could very well find more with an increased bankroll. Selling something she bought or provided would be wrong (PS3), but something he worked for.. different story.

Sorry, it is still wrong to tell a 16 year old to go against his parents (mother) wishes....He is still under age and living under her roof, would be different if he was 18, but he is 16..............

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just being a smart alec - He wouldn't have ANY bank roll if he had to pay his own bills.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
It's very sad to see advice given to a teenager that would result in rebellion against their parents. CoinFetcher referenced "Christ" in his statement even though it was in vain but nevertheless you should adhere to the word's "Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise
My what a contrast between those two statements.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio

Just letting you know, she didn't buy and provide me the PS3 I bought it with my own money...

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just letting you know, she didn't buy and provide me the PS3 I bought it with my own money...

That woulda been the day when my parents would have bought me a video game console. So i know what its like. I always had to mow lawns,wash cars and do all kinds of stuff for a weekly allowance. If I wanted something I had to do extra chores and I'm talking like 2 dollars for Washing a car inside and out. I had good parents , now I know the value of a dollar(metaphorically speaking, lol cause we know the dollar is losing power)and make the most out of the money I earn.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
It's very sad to see advice given to a teenager that would result in rebellion against their parents. CoinFetcher referenced "Christ" in his statement even though it was in vain but nevertheless you should adhere to the word's "Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise
My what a contrast between those two statements.

I don't think I believe in a God; I'm an agnostic for life probably. I am a Freethinker, and it is a great place ot be for me. I think for myself and do what I want. Sure, I take advice from people along the way, and I think overall I am a pretty good person. It is amazing how much we are influenced by others, can't anyone ever think for his or her self and make decisions even if he or she is under 18. I mean give me a break. Regardless of what law says or anyone/everyone else, I am an individual and will choose to do what I want. And I know just about all of you are thinking that CoinFetcher has influence me to think in this way, but it is what I see with my own eyes and what my brain processes it to be. I have been thinking this way for a year. It is good to question things you are told, even your parents! If we didn't question things where would we be, nowhere. If this didn't happen there would be no diversity. Not only America, but all around the world people are way too influenced by what others say and are told is the "truth" and "right." And this isn't directed towards just gunner45, but everyone that is upset with CoinFetcher.

P.S. Those are my beliefs and if anyone disagrees with that well that's ok. People have their own as well, which is good because we as a society need that.

Last edited:

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PhattyB said:

You need to let kids make there own mistakes to learn from. That's how I was raised I was never in trouble, bc I had to think about what I was doing. Thats what's wrong with kids today there parent baby and protect them too much. Just like in sports when there younger. Kids need to learn from losing thats what makes them stronger and smarter for the real world.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
You need to let kids make there own mistakes to learn from. That's how I was raised I was never in trouble, bc I had to think about what I was doing. Thats what's wrong with kids today there parent baby and protect them too much. Just like in sports when there younger. Kids need to learn from losing thats what makes them stronger and smarter for the real world.

THANK YOU!!! I AGREE 100%!!!!

This has to be MY favorite post ever, because that is exactly how I feel! And I understand all of that!

Last edited:

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I believe in a God; I'm an agnostic for life probably. I am a Freethinker, and it is a great place ot be for me. I think for myself and do what I want. Sure, I take advice from people along the way, and I think overall I am a pretty good person. It is amazing how much we are influenced by others, can't anyone ever think for his or her self and make decisions even if he or she is under 18. I mean give me a break. Regardless of what law says or anyone/everyone else, I am an individual and will choose to do what I want. And I know just about all of you are thinking that CoinFetcher has influence me to think in this way, but it is what I see with my own eyes and what my brain processes it to be. I have been thinking this way for a year. It is good to question things you are told, even your parents! If we didn't question things where would we be, nowhere. If this didn't happen there would be no diversity. Not only America, but all around the world people are way too influenced by what others say and are told is the "truth" and "right." And this isn't directed towards just gunner45, but everyone that is upset with CoinFetcher.

P.S. Those are my beliefs and if anyone disagrees with that well that's ok. People have their own as well, which is good because we as a society need that.

Your right. I agree with you and coin fetcher. The point was just being made that even thought the best thing at the current moment would be for you to sell some silver to increase bankroll, you shouldn't do it.. Wether your parents rules are "right" or not you must honer there wishes unitl your 18. Just be patient and the "there house, there rules thing" is soooo unbelievably important...just humor your parents you will be 18 soon. But you never stop learning from your parents....I still learn so much from them. Do we always agree, no. But they are a wealth of knowledge and everything they tried to tell me when I was young that I thought I " knew better" turned out to be dead on...lol...
It is more important to show your parents your maturity by telling them " intellectually I think selling to increase my bankroll is the correct move, I am not going to. Because I respect your wishes and that the only reason" this will BLOW them away and they probably change there mind and tell you to sell.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$152 shipped for a CTU is too low -- if you sold it as an auction your eBay + PayPal fees are 11.9% + $0.30 on the gross amount including shipping, which is $18.39, plus $11.35 shipping is $29.74. 152 - 100 - 29.74 = only $22.26 clear, and that's not even counting the rolls of tape, gas, time, or liability.

I don't sell them for less than $162 shipped on eBay. The last one I sold was for $188.50 shipped.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
$152 shipped for a CTU is too low -- if you sold it as an auction your eBay + PayPal fees are 11.9% + $0.30 on the gross amount including shipping, which is $18.39, plus $11.35 shipping is $29.74. 152 - 100 - 29.74 = only $22.26 clear, and that's not even counting the rolls of tape, gas, time, or liability.

I don't sell them for less than $162 shipped on eBay. The last one I sold was for $188.50 shipped.

Ok, well the problem is I need a quick turn around.

Mr E SECRET

Aug 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's quite refreshing to see a 16 year old with a thought process like you have. The generations after me are quite pathetic from what I've seen. The mind is such a powerful thing, and it creates your life. Jesus (or who/what ever you believe in), corporations, and societies, they all need thinkers to contribute. Nothing more sad than a 40+ person still needing government assistance/or help from others, after they have had an entire lifetime to use their minds and build their future. Your life is an accumulation of your all your thoughts.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
CopperCrazy I also believe you are a smart young man for your age & you have shown a very high intelligence, in my opinion, on this forum. But I agree with Easy on this one. Coming from someone (me) who has went against their parents wishes & everything they were raised to believe & taught, it caused me a lot of stupid mistakes & heartache. It took me quite a few years to realize my parents knew better than I did in most scenarios. Whether you like their rules or not, & in most cases what teenager actually likes their parents rules, it is in your best interest to follow them. Yes, you will make mistakes & hopefully learn from them. But obeying your parents rules will not alter you as a person. Today is not like it was years ago when a 16 year old was considered an adult. They did not have the technology today which unfortunately a lot of predators out there use to their advantage. It would not be wise for you to sell on either feebay or craigslist behind your parents back in the event that something goes wrong or someone uses the information they can get from those transactions, like your address, to harm you. I know this is more often than not, not the case, but it can happen & you don't want to take that chance. I do not have children yet, but when I do I would hope they would understand why I make the parenting choices I do in order to protect them & show my love for them. Your parents may not be "right" or "fair" but they are your parents & they know what is best for you. Try to understand that for now & do whatever you can to further yourself in your hobby with the guidelines your parents have set for you. Have an adult conversation with them & set up an agreement with what you are & are not allowed to do in regards to CRHing & selling coin. Be respectful & present your case to them. Good luck!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you live under someone else's roof be it your parents or anybody else. You should respect there wishes. Regardless wether or not you agree with them matters not. You would want the same if someone was living under your roof.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread