Crazy and cool finds !

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I swear you never know what you ill findat the flea market and garage sales. I bought this bioscope (what ever that is) for $5 I paid $2 for a copper pot with lion heads its stamped made in England on the bottom. The old lady said it was from the 20's-30's :icon_scratch: . A pair of wood water skis (kid size) for 50 cents :icon_thumleft: and finaly a 1915 marriage cert for a buck . Any info on any of this would be great Thanks and HH all

AceV illa-v

Attachments

• bio.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
  • coper.jpg
    coper.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 87
  • m cert.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 57
  • skis.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 59

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picks and even better prices! The Bioscope is a type of projection microscope or so it seems. http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artmay12/mm-Bioscope.pdf
The Cypress Gardens skis are cool and for .50, makes them even better. Cypress Gardens has been around for years and I haven't been there since I was a kid in the '70s. It was once known as the water skiing capital of the world. It closed for a while I think. They reopened it as "LEGOLAND". Yesterland Side Trip: Cypress Gardens before and After LEGOLAND Florida
The copper planter is nice and vintage and should sell well.
The marriage certificate will probably get you $15-$20 from the looks of the completed listings.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig it! Cool finds and how often do you find a museum piece like that Bioscope? Looks strongly built. How heavy is it?

OP
OP
acevillav

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Thanks for the info Dig, I love old school parks :-{ ) Tamrock - Its pretty heavy Id say @ 10-15 lbs built to last and very soild . It has a bulb inside and lights up.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even tho I have never been even close to cypress gardens, i can remember it for all the skiers. looks like legoland turned it into ugly plastic land.

Yeah, literally. It went from real hippos-

cypress_hippo1983ww.jpg

to freakin plastic lego ones-

cypress_hippo2011ww.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread