CRH the biggest TEEN sensation since...........

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man have times changed on here.
I never thought CRH would be such a huge hit with teens.
It sure wasn't when I was that age, and that wasn't all that long ago.
To the teens who read this, I have a few quick questions, these are honest to goodness questions, please don't get offended, thanks in advance......

Do teens no longer like girls?
Have girls become less attractive?
Are there fewer girls out there than there were say 15-20 years ago?

Again please don't get offended.
If times have changed, then so be it.
Just seems back when I was that age, CERTAIN things were more important than wheat cents and war nickels.
Hope you all don't lose sight of that.
You only live once, and you don't get these years back.

Happy Hunting!!!

Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I feel like I am waisting my time sometime CRHing - but...**** man, it's really fun.

The women who appreciate a treasure hunter are my kind of people. That's it. we are all just searchers, trying to have a good time.

HUNT ON!

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Women are much easier so there is alot of free time. Instead of having to try and wine and dine now its more like hi done bye

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do teens no longer like girls? No, I have a girlfriend, I CRH to save for the future, and to buy her shiny things
Have girls become less attractive? Somewhat, obesity, ewww... but finding the right one is kind of like crh, hit or miss
Are there fewer girls out there than there were say 15-20 years ago? there r more girls

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teenage guys on here - CRH hardcore until you're 18, then sell your silver and buy a motorcycle and a damn sweet biker jacket. then focus on the ladies

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
To the teens who read this, I have a few quick questions, these are honest to goodness questions, please don't get offended, thanks in advance......

Do teens no longer like girls? No
Have girls become less attractive? No
Are there fewer girls out there than there were say 15-20 years ago? Maybe
Just seems back when I was that age, CERTAIN things were more important than wheat cents and war nickels.

Happy Hunting!!!

Answered!

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I will say this though girls these days are so mean these days even when i try rapping to them

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I think younger people are more apt to realize the world we are living in (and while I'm not a teenager I am rather young comparatively speaking). You have to realize that for the most of us (myself included) we don't really know what it is to live in a "healthy" economy, the "dot com boom" happened when we were too young to really care/notice. We are the "recession generation" far too painfully aware of the problems in the economy, we've grown up in the "bust" rather than the "boom" while most of the older generation has grown up in the "boom" and not the "bust", we've never known a healthy dollar, never really known cheap gasoline and never really have lived with the old mentality that you can get a good job fresh out of high school/college doing entry level work and move your way through the company ladder and then retire with a nice pension, instead we've experienced a world filled with lay-offs, of downsizing and off-shoring a world where the giants of American industry have failed (auto bailouts, etc.). So naturally there is more of a tendency to save rather than to spend.

We've also grown up with the internet being a fact of life and so opinions that aren't represented in the mainstream media of the local news, radio, CNN, FOX, NBC, etc. aren't foreign to us. Information is simply a Google search away. If you wanted to know about, say, the Federal Reserve System and the US Dollar 20, 30 years ago, you'd have to either go to a library and hope there was a book on the subject (that was reasonably up to date!) or speak with someone who has researched it before (and hope that they were unbiased and telling the truth!). Today, you can just Google Federal Reserve System and get all sorts of information from the Fed itself, to leading economists, to people on the "fringe". Because of the ease of information access, it is easier than ever to be informed about issues that aren't even brought up in presidential debates or discussed by talk show hosts.

Because of this, I think many young people are waking up to the fact that the dollar really and truly is based on nothing. Rather than panicking or ignoring it as "hype" they are preparing. Not trying to start a political flame war, but just look at the crowds Ron Paul draws, a huge chunk of them are young people who believe in "hard money". Naturally, young people have lots of time but little cash so it only makes sense for them to get silver the cheapest way possible which is CRHing.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I think younger people are more apt to realize the world we are living in (and while I'm not a teenager I am rather young comparatively speaking). You have to realize that for the most of us (myself included) we don't really know what it is to live in a "healthy" economy, the "dot com boom" happened when we were too young to really care/notice. We are the "recession generation" far too painfully aware of the problems in the economy, we've grown up in the "bust" rather than the "boom" while most of the older generation has grown up in the "boom" and not the "bust", we've never known a healthy dollar, never really known cheap gasoline and never really have lived with the old mentality that you can get a good job fresh out of high school/college doing entry level work and move your way through the company ladder and then retire with a nice pension, instead we've experienced a world filled with lay-offs, of downsizing and off-shoring a world where the giants of American industry have failed (auto bailouts, etc.). So naturally there is more of a tendency to save rather than to spend.

We've also grown up with the internet being a fact of life and so opinions that aren't represented in the mainstream media of the local news, radio, CNN, FOX, NBC, etc. aren't foreign to us. Information is simply a Google search away. If you wanted to know about, say, the Federal Reserve System and the US Dollar 20, 30 years ago, you'd have to either go to a library and hope there was a book on the subject (that was reasonably up to date!) or speak with someone who has researched it before (and hope that they were unbiased and telling the truth!). Today, you can just Google Federal Reserve System and get all sorts of information from the Fed itself, to leading economists, to people on the "fringe". Because of the ease of information access, it is easier than ever to be informed about issues that aren't even brought up in presidential debates or discussed by talk show hosts.

Because of this, I think many young people are waking up to the fact that the dollar really and truly is based on nothing. Rather than panicking or ignoring it as "hype" they are preparing. Not trying to start a political flame war, but just look at the crowds Ron Paul draws, a huge chunk of them are young people who believe in "hard money". Naturally, young people have lots of time but little cash so it only makes sense for them to get silver the cheapest way possible which is CRHing.

I'd agree 100%, have been coin collecting/investing in silver since I was 12, I'm 15 now, last month alone, I found $1500 worth of finds.. What teen my age can say they made that much in a year? They're all out drinking and smoking 'contraband.' I don't fit into the social norm, I don't 'party' or go and find my way into a police offce. I find my way into a bank. I find my way to free silver. And yeah, girls are easy as said above, It's like what he said, "hey, okay done, c'ya next time."
We are a lot smarter than people think, (the people that aren't out doing naughty things) we see everyone around us complaining about money, and we find a way to make a bit of it in our free time? Why not?
Happy hunting!
Wickaboag

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy Hunting!!!

No there are still a lot of women out there. However I have a brother in law that just started college and I went to visit him. My observation when I went to visit him is that they are generally fatter than they were 13 years ago. I would rather CRH too.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid Rolls said:

Happy Hunting!!!

Being a teen I love your question! Girls definitely are less focused on a fancy dinner now. If your lucky, they will agree to lunch and a movie as a date. Usually just one or the other. They all think slow dancing at dances is weird and gross, and many are now jut was focused on sports as guys.I definitely do not fit in with a lot of the people I know. Most kids in my school are playing video games and goofing off. I just focuses in my coin collection, CRHing, and school. Still as many girls, just less are interested in serious relationships. I also agree with many of the other posts on here. I hear other people talking about losing money, I want to make sure I will be okay financially. And if that means investing in coins and silver. So be it. And it's fun to!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I still CRH and have time for my girl. It's fun teaching her about coins and history when she gets the expression of I don't give a well you know. But hey she found her first silver last weekend.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd really love to be there when the cafeteria lady slaps the crap out of you when you try to talk her out of that silver quarter in her change drawer. But seriously guys. I fully support your pursuits, but chicks that like Harleys-YES , chicks that like coins-NO. As for thin versus fat, depends on where you are. Sometimes there just ain't no choice...

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
27370020.jpg

OP
OP
Solid Rolls

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't hate on the big girls.
They need love too.

Look at it this way......
If you can save that 1955 nickel that worth 5 cents,
or that 2008 NIFC half that's worth 50 cents.
Then you can't be picky when it comes to the girls.
Everyone needs a moped every now and then.

Copper cents will be around for a long time.
You only get to be this young once.
Don't waste it.

Happy Hunting!!

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the big difference with the newer generation is the internet and cell phones. When i was a teen the internet was very very limited. the cell phones were only good to hit someone over the head with. Me and my friends were more concerned about being outside, fishing, riding dirt bikes, taking long hikes in the woods till we no longer new what direction we were facing, oh and girls. Now its all about updating facebook every 15 minutes, video games, and cell phones. Kids dont even fight face to face any more now they do it electronically. Or they break up with there girl friends by changing there face book status to single.

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all the teens out there. Just do what you feel like doing and if you enjoy it keep doing it. You can get your little lady friends into it as well. I kno that by experience ;). I'm 25 and still love doing all kinds if treasure hunting while my friends are out partying every night. It's just about what you feel like doing and what you love.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Don't hate on the big girls.

Everyone needs a moped every now and then.

I'm not sure if others got the remark, but when I was in college, the one fraternity brother was nicknamed Moped for obvious reasons (he loved the biggies and he was 5'4" max).

For those that can't quite connect the dots - Mopeds are fun to ride until you get caught riding one.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all the teens out there. Just do what you feel like doing and if you enjoy it keep doing it. You can get your little lady friends into it as well. I kno that by experience ;). I'm 25 and still love doing all kinds if treasure hunting while my friends are out partying every night. It's just about what you feel like doing and what you love.

I'm 25 and I will tell ya this guy doesn't know what's up. Most women have no interest in coins and will think you're crazy. Don't talk about your addition until you're in a solid relationship. Of course there's no such thing as a solid relationship in High School... In other words, keep it to yourself.

Screw it, do whatever ya want, but trust me, focus on the girls and partying, it's a lot harder to meet new ones after college, and those years will fly by faster than you realize... Especially when you're having a complete blast. I focused on becoming popular and I went from being an unpopular outcast circa 7th grade to homecoming king my senior year, via playing sports, developing a great sense of humor (Women love nothing more than a good looking guy that can make them laugh) and social posturing (AKA exhibiting my dominance as an alpha male when necessary). I pretty much carried that right through college with more partying. It's good experience at networking in life (shy people don't get anywhere...), and will do way more for you than a pile of coins.

Despite having crap grades in school from partying too much, I have a great job because I networked (AKA partied with cool people). I joined a frat freshman year and was hired at a major healthcare company thanks to the fact that the CFO wrote me a recommendation... he is an alumnus of the fraternity I joined. Now I make great money, still party like I'm 22, and women love me.

That is worth way more than a pile of coins... Money can't buy you happiness, it just buys crap that makes you happy, temporarily. True happiness comes from knowing that I have financial security thanks to my great job, women flock to me thanks to my good looks and hard work in developing my physique, and I can spend my free time doing whatever the heck I want... which is where CRHing comes in. It's a kink in a personality developed to be successful... a throwback to that unpopular kid in 7th grade. And if my pseudo-friends, coworkers, women I date knew about it, that's where I'd be again... that kid. That kid would have never survived in this world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread