CRH the biggest TEEN sensation since...........

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man have times changed on here.
I never thought CRH would be such a huge hit with teens.
It sure wasn't when I was that age, and that wasn't all that long ago.
To the teens who read this, I have a few quick questions, these are honest to goodness questions, please don't get offended, thanks in advance......

Do teens no longer like girls?
Have girls become less attractive?
Are there fewer girls out there than there were say 15-20 years ago?

Again please don't get offended.
If times have changed, then so be it.
Just seems back when I was that age, CERTAIN things were more important than wheat cents and war nickels.
Hope you all don't lose sight of that.
You only live once, and you don't get these years back.

Happy Hunting!!!

Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm no teen. In fact, I'll be turning 30 in one week exactly. But, what teenage girls wear these days makes me wish I was 17 again. Sorry if that comes off creepy. But back in the 90's when I was a teen, girls wore big-ass Jenco jeans, parachute pants, brown makeup and just generally looked horrible compared to girls these days.

My dad is disgusted seeing the girls today. From my view point I don't mind it being 16 but i've got my own girl. He says back in his day in the 70s girls wore holter tops but not the shorts shorts thing as of todays standards. It's sad society is coming to this..

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I have a girlfriend, I'm 16, can't find a job anywhere though. So my hunting now has been actually to make some money so her and I can do stuff together plus it's fun for me so it all works out fine.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a woman interested in coins. the only problem in my area most the guys into coins are a whole lot older or very very (did I mention very?) secretive. I don't have a prayer in meeting a nice guy in this hobby. So i will stick with my cats and my coins for the time being. LMAO.

Hugs and Smiles
-garoulady
Like I said.. Get us a box of halves, that'll be our first date =D
Wicka

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wickaboag said:
Like I said.. Get us a box of halves, that'll be our first date =D
Wicka

I would go crazy if a girl I liked told me that! Haha. My response: "will you marry me?????"

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coppercrazy said:
I have a girlfriend, I'm 16, can't find a job anywhere though. So my hunting now has been actually to make some money so her and I can do stuff together plus it's fun for me so it all works out fine.

You sell your silver now?

whiteslate

Aug 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 25 and I will tell ya this guy doesn't know what's up. Most women have no interest in coins and will think you're crazy. Don't talk about your addition until you're in a solid relationship. Of course there's no such thing as a solid relationship in High School... In other words, keep it to yourself.

Screw it, do whatever ya want, but trust me, focus on the girls and partying, it's a lot harder to meet new ones after college, and those years will fly by faster than you realize... Especially when you're having a complete blast. I focused on becoming popular and I went from being an unpopular outcast circa 7th grade to homecoming king my senior year, via playing sports, developing a great sense of humor (Women love nothing more than a good looking guy that can make them laugh) and social posturing (AKA exhibiting my dominance as an alpha male when necessary). I pretty much carried that right through college with more partying. It's good experience at networking in life (shy people don't get anywhere...), and will do way more for you than a pile of coins.

Despite having crap grades in school from partying too much, I have a great job because I networked (AKA partied with cool people). I joined a frat freshman year and was hired at a major healthcare company thanks to the fact that the CFO wrote me a recommendation... he is an alumnus of the fraternity I joined. Now I make great money, still party like I'm 22, and women love me.

That is worth way more than a pile of coins... Money can't buy you happiness, it just buys crap that makes you happy, temporarily. True happiness comes from knowing that I have financial security thanks to my great job, women flock to me thanks to my good looks and hard work in developing my physique, and I can spend my free time doing whatever the heck I want... which is where CRHing comes in. It's a kink in a personality developed to be successful... a throwback to that unpopular kid in 7th grade. And if my pseudo-friends, coworkers, women I date knew about it, that's where I'd be again... that kid. That kid would have never survived in this world.
ya... i dont want to be banned but you sound just like most of the peole in my school, and there not going to be healthy wealthy adults...

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, im 14 years old turning 15.

Ive been in a 5 year relationship with my girlfriend - She is older than me by a few months

And i am a Coin Roll Hunter
- i would take my GF over all the silver in the world <3

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think younger people are more apt to realize the world we are living in (and while I'm not a teenager I am rather young comparatively speaking). You have to realize that for the most of us (myself included) we don't really know what it is to live in a "healthy" economy, the "dot com boom" happened when we were too young to really care/notice. We are the "recession generation" far too painfully aware of the problems in the economy, we've grown up in the "bust" rather than the "boom" while most of the older generation has grown up in the "boom" and not the "bust", we've never known a healthy dollar, never really known cheap gasoline and never really have lived with the old mentality that you can get a good job fresh out of high school/college doing entry level work and move your way through the company ladder and then retire with a nice pension, instead we've experienced a world filled with lay-offs, of downsizing and off-shoring a world where the giants of American industry have failed (auto bailouts, etc.). So naturally there is more of a tendency to save rather than to spend.

We've also grown up with the internet being a fact of life and so opinions that aren't represented in the mainstream media of the local news, radio, CNN, FOX, NBC, etc. aren't foreign to us. Information is simply a Google search away. If you wanted to know about, say, the Federal Reserve System and the US Dollar 20, 30 years ago, you'd have to either go to a library and hope there was a book on the subject (that was reasonably up to date!) or speak with someone who has researched it before (and hope that they were unbiased and telling the truth!). Today, you can just Google Federal Reserve System and get all sorts of information from the Fed itself, to leading economists, to people on the "fringe". Because of the ease of information access, it is easier than ever to be informed about issues that aren't even brought up in presidential debates or discussed by talk show hosts.

Because of this, I think many young people are waking up to the fact that the dollar really and truly is based on nothing. Rather than panicking or ignoring it as "hype" they are preparing. Not trying to start a political flame war, but just look at the crowds Ron Paul draws, a huge chunk of them are young people who believe in "hard money". Naturally, young people have lots of time but little cash so it only makes sense for them to get silver the cheapest way possible which is CRHing.

That is SO true!!!! It is nearly impossible to get a job ance CRH'ing (and strap searching) is a free way to make some money.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think younger people are more apt to realize the world we are living in (and while I'm not a teenager I am rather young comparatively speaking). You have to realize that for the most of us (myself included) we don't really know what it is to live in a "healthy" economy, the "dot com boom" happened when we were too young to really care/notice. We are the "recession generation" far too painfully aware of the problems in the economy, we've grown up in the "bust" rather than the "boom" while most of the older generation has grown up in the "boom" and not the "bust", we've never known a healthy dollar, never really known cheap gasoline and never really have lived with the old mentality that you can get a good job fresh out of high school/college doing entry level work and move your way through the company ladder and then retire with a nice pension, instead we've experienced a world filled with lay-offs, of downsizing and off-shoring a world where the giants of American industry have failed (auto bailouts, etc.). So naturally there is more of a tendency to save rather than to spend.

We've also grown up with the internet being a fact of life and so opinions that aren't represented in the mainstream media of the local news, radio, CNN, FOX, NBC, etc. aren't foreign to us. Information is simply a Google search away. If you wanted to know about, say, the Federal Reserve System and the US Dollar 20, 30 years ago, you'd have to either go to a library and hope there was a book on the subject (that was reasonably up to date!) or speak with someone who has researched it before (and hope that they were unbiased and telling the truth!). Today, you can just Google Federal Reserve System and get all sorts of information from the Fed itself, to leading economists, to people on the "fringe". Because of the ease of information access, it is easier than ever to be informed about issues that aren't even brought up in presidential debates or discussed by talk show hosts.

Because of this, I think many young people are waking up to the fact that the dollar really and truly is based on nothing. Rather than panicking or ignoring it as "hype" they are preparing. Not trying to start a political flame war, but just look at the crowds Ron Paul draws, a huge chunk of them are young people who believe in "hard money". Naturally, young people have lots of time but little cash so it only makes sense for them to get silver the cheapest way possible which is CRHing.

Nice post

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 25 and I will tell ya this guy doesn't know what's up. Most women have no interest in coins and will think you're crazy. Don't talk about your addition until you're in a solid relationship. Of course there's no such thing as a solid relationship in High School... In other words, keep it to yourself.

I focused on becoming popular and I went from being an unpopular outcast circa 7th grade to homecoming king my senior year, via playing sports, developing a great sense of humor (Women love nothing more than a good looking guy that can make them laugh) and social posturing (AKA exhibiting my dominance as an alpha male when necessary). I pretty much carried that right through college with more partying. Now I make great money, still party like I'm 22, and women love me.

95% of the time prom queen and prom king turn out to be crack #%#%# and fat bald loser guy. Don't peak to early!

Dude, partying is easy. Any idiot can ruin or derail there life partying doing drugs whatever. I wasted quite a few years my self but telling a kid to focus on partying is nonsense. Partying is available anyday and everyday. Your never going to look back at your life and say damn I should partied more instead of making money when was young. It is ALWAYS the other way around. Someone who thinks different sound to me like they still haven't grown up and are living in the past.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread