CRH the biggest TEEN sensation since...........

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man have times changed on here.
I never thought CRH would be such a huge hit with teens.
It sure wasn't when I was that age, and that wasn't all that long ago.
To the teens who read this, I have a few quick questions, these are honest to goodness questions, please don't get offended, thanks in advance......

Do teens no longer like girls?
Have girls become less attractive?
Are there fewer girls out there than there were say 15-20 years ago?

Again please don't get offended.
If times have changed, then so be it.
Just seems back when I was that age, CERTAIN things were more important than wheat cents and war nickels.
Hope you all don't lose sight of that.
You only live once, and you don't get these years back.

Happy Hunting!!!

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do teens no longer like girls?
Have girls become less attractive?
Are there fewer girls out there than there were say 15-20 years ago?

I'm no teen. In fact, I'll be turning 30 in one week exactly. But, what teenage girls wear these days makes me wish I was 17 again. Sorry if that comes off creepy. But back in the 90's when I was a teen, girls wore big-ass Jenco jeans, parachute pants, brown makeup and just generally looked horrible compared to girls these days.

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscores said:
I'm 25 and I will tell ya this guy doesn't know what's up. Most women have no interest in coins and will think you're crazy. Don't talk about your addition until you're in a solid relationship. Of course there's no such thing as a solid relationship in High School... In other words, keep it to yourself.

Screw it, do whatever ya want, but trust me, focus on the girls and partying, it's a lot harder to meet new ones after college, and those years will fly by faster than you realize... Especially when you're having a complete blast. I focused on becoming popular and I went from being an unpopular outcast circa 7th grade to homecoming king my senior year, via playing sports, developing a great sense of humor (Women love nothing more than a good looking guy that can make them laugh) and social posturing (AKA exhibiting my dominance as an alpha male when necessary). I pretty much carried that right through college with more partying. It's good experience at networking in life (shy people don't get anywhere...), and will do way more for you than a pile of coins.

Despite having crap grades in school from partying too much, I have a great job because I networked (AKA partied with cool people). I joined a frat freshman year and was hired at a major healthcare company thanks to the fact that the CFO wrote me a recommendation... he is an alumnus of the fraternity I joined. Now I make great money, still party like I'm 22, and women love me.

That is worth way more than a pile of coins... Money can't buy you happiness, it just buys crap that makes you happy, temporarily. True happiness comes from knowing that I have financial security thanks to my great job, women flock to me thanks to my good looks and hard work in developing my physique, and I can spend my free time doing whatever the heck I want... which is where CRHing comes in. It's a kink in a personality developed to be successful... a throwback to that unpopular kid in 7th grade. And if my pseudo-friends, coworkers, women I date knew about it, that's where I'd be again... that kid. That kid would have never survived in this world.

Noone listen to this kid. He obviously can't just be himself and is scared to show who he really is. Like I said be happy. And when a girl really likes you . BELIEVE me she wouldn't give a damn. And if she does care then move on to the next. That easy

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ya,

when I was a teenager and as an adult no boy/man has time for me. So it was mainly my dad and me going to coinshows, collecting silver (at a cheap 6 dollars an ounce) and coins. But that's ok. If some guy ever takes an interest in me. I will be the cheapest date (in a good way) he ever had. Pizza, DVDs, a box of nickels or halves is all the 'date' I want.I don't do makeup or fashions, very down home farmer type. Why pay $120 bucks for a pair of fancy shoes when a $10 pair does the same thing. (not to mention I can take that extra 100 bucks and put it towards silver purchuse. As for the wedding ring, I already have it, a simple 92.5% pure silver one already on my finger(allergic to nickel metal and gold's too expensive, why bother)

::Laughs as she gets an idea:: CRHs dating service. ::chuckles as she walks away, carrying a box of clad nickels:: Lord this is what I get for having my first seasonal headcold at 7 in the morning.

Loves, Garoulady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm no teen. In fact, I'll be turning 30 in one week exactly. But, what teenage girls wear these days makes me wish I was 17 again. Sorry if that comes off creepy. But back in the 90's when I was a teen, girls wore big-ass Jenco jeans, parachute pants, brown makeup and just generally looked horrible compared to girls these days.

Oh god I just had a flashback to my teenager years. my cousins (god rest their souls I miss them so much), use to paint their eyelids all sorts of colors. they looked like tie-dyed raccoons. Me everytime I tried to do it, it started on my eyelids and ended on my cheeks by the end of the day.

::Laughs:: Oh I wish I was 24 again, not 16 though. Too many painful memories.

Love, garoulady

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other

sounds dope 8-)

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ya,

when I was a teenager and as an adult no boy/man has time for me. So it was mainly my dad and me going to coinshows, collecting silver (at a cheap 6 dollars an ounce) and coins. But that's ok. If some guy ever takes an interest in me. I will be the cheapest date (in a good way) he ever had. Pizza, DVDs, a box of nickels or halves is all the 'date' I want.I don't do makeup or fashions, very down home farmer type. Why pay $120 bucks for a pair of fancy shoes when a $10 pair does the same thing. (not to mention I can take that extra 100 bucks and put it towards silver purchuse. As for the wedding ring, I already have it, a simple 92.5% pure silver one already on my finger(allergic to nickel metal and gold's too expensive, why bother)

::Laughs as she gets an idea:: CRHs dating service. ::chuckles as she walks away, carrying a box of clad nickels:: Lord this is what I get for having my first seasonal headcold at 7 in the morning.

Loves, Garoulady

Hi, My name's wicka =) ;)
Lol!
I'll get us a box of halves...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't hate on the big girls.
They need love too.

:laughing7:

I am 21, so I suppose I am one of the 'inbetweeners' of this, if you will. I am shy but have a lot of really good friends, several of which I still talk to. I have been with my girlfriend for over 3 years, and things are going great. When I told her about me CRHing, she just looked at me like I just told her I was stupid and said, "Oh, great. I have to compete with a box of coins?" Needless to say, she is supportive of me doing something I like, but she could give a crap about sitting with me and helping me. She doesn't understand and thinks it's dumb and a waste of time. She still loves me and I love her, so I'm okay with that. When I was a teenager, I was considered a total creep by some people (popular people) but a lot of my friends are just average and totally cool. In the end, I guess what I am trying to say is not to be so invested with coins and be more invested with girls/guys/whatever you like.

HH!
-DS

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Girls are definitely getting more attractive. And they all like silver as much as the guys.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Girls are definitely getting more attractive. And they all like silver as much as the guys.

My girl loves silver... silver jewelry. That you can't get at face value. But hey if she keeps me happy, shes a keeper.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But yea to explain my story..
I am 25 years old. Been dating the same beautiful girl for 4 years. I don't make a lot of money, but I have a stable job in a respectable field. I am working towards my education and I got a decent stack for when the dollar collapses. :-P
My girl likes my hobby, but that's not to say there hasn't been some tension when I spend my day off driving around to different banks for 4 hours to find a single 40%.
I just keep telling her that I do it for us.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
well take her out to dinner when you are driving around to those banks. Or go see a movie inbetween bank dumps. etc. Try to merge the two together. I stopped at a bank on my way to the grocery store for my mom and got a box of nickels. I found 3 war nickels and 1 very dateless buffie. I tease my mom that I need a foodie boyfreind. Someone to go out to new resturants with me so I don't go alone. Now I am thinking I need a coin buddy to come along with me. LOL

-GarouLady

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
well take her out to dinner when you are driving around to those banks. Or go see a movie inbetween bank dumps. etc. Try to merge the two together. I stopped at a bank on my way to the grocery store for my mom and got a box of nickels. I found 3 war nickels and 1 very dateless buffie. I tease my mom that I need a foodie boyfreind. Someone to go out to new resturants with me so I don't go alone. Now I am thinking I need a coin buddy to come along with me. LOL

-GarouLady

Looks like we need the same things =D
But, If we get married. Your coins become "our" coins.. our meaning... Mine >:D

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go... we need a producer and a director.. The Bachelor meets American Digger mixed with Storage Wars.... a CRHer as the Bachelor and 12 attractive bachelorette's who appreciate silver, bank tellers, cashiers, commidity traders, waitresses, who knows... This could pay better than CRH!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
palidin20603 said:
Here we go... we need a producer and a director.. The Bachelor meets American Digger mixed with Storage Wars.... a CRHer as the Bachelor and 12 attractive bachelorette's who appreciate silver, bank tellers, cashiers, commidity traders, waitresses, who knows... This could pay better than CRH!

That'll work until they get married and get divorced. She'd take all the silver. That would make every CRHer think twice, lol.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I ain't sayin she's a silver digger...

Thank you dark. I love silver but I would have prenups because I wouldn't want my hubbie to take my silver, especially my morgan dollars because they are my dad's. If worse comes to worse whoever I marry can have the house, the car, but he ain't takin' my silver or my cats. ::laughs::

I wish they would make a show like american picker only with coin hunters. Now that I would definitely watch! Someone call A&E or Travel channel!

Hugs and kisses,
-Garoulady

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 25 and I will tell ya this guy doesn't know what's up. Most women have no interest in coins and will think you're crazy. Don't talk about your addition until you're in a solid relationship. Of course there's no such thing as a solid relationship in High School... In other words, keep it to yourself.

Screw it, do whatever ya want, but trust me, focus on the girls and partying, it's a lot harder to meet new ones after college, and those years will fly by faster than you realize... Especially when you're having a complete blast. I focused on becoming popular and I went from being an unpopular outcast circa 7th grade to homecoming king my senior year, via playing sports, developing a great sense of humor (Women love nothing more than a good looking guy that can make them laugh) and social posturing (AKA exhibiting my dominance as an alpha male when necessary). I pretty much carried that right through college with more partying. It's good experience at networking in life (shy people don't get anywhere...), and will do way more for you than a pile of coins.

Despite having crap grades in school from partying too much, I have a great job because I networked (AKA partied with cool people). I joined a frat freshman year and was hired at a major healthcare company thanks to the fact that the CFO wrote me a recommendation... he is an alumnus of the fraternity I joined. Now I make great money, still party like I'm 22, and women love me.

That is worth way more than a pile of coins... Money can't buy you happiness, it just buys crap that makes you happy, temporarily. True happiness comes from knowing that I have financial security thanks to my great job, women flock to me thanks to my good looks and hard work in developing my physique, and I can spend my free time doing whatever the heck I want... which is where CRHing comes in. It's a kink in a personality developed to be successful... a throwback to that unpopular kid in 7th grade. And if my pseudo-friends, coworkers, women I date knew about it, that's where I'd be again... that kid. That kid would have never survived in this world.

Maybe that worked for you, but that is not necessarily the standard model. Without going into "I have this, and this, etc." let's just say I do very well and everyone knows I CRH. My attitude? If you don't like what I'm doing kiss my a#*. I never have, and never will put on a show for anyone. I got to where I am through intelligence and hard work, plain and simple. Instead of devising 'stunts' to become an alpha male (which puts you up and others down), I instead become a 'leader' by showing others the way and helping them in any way possible.

I'm not saying this to disagree with your choices personally or in any way to put down a fellow CRH, I'm just trying to put the information and my personal life choice preferences out there to the young ones on this forum who may in fact look to some of us as role models

Constant Woman and partying generally equals no money, several addictions, and maybe an antibacterial resistant strain of ghonorrhea. Or who knows, maybe even a knocked up woman that you really don't like. Is this really good advice????

Last edited:

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a woman interested in coins. the only problem in my area most the guys into coins are a whole lot older or very very (did I mention very?) secretive. I don't have a prayer in meeting a nice guy in this hobby. So i will stick with my cats and my coins for the time being. LMAO.

Hugs and Smiles
-garoulady

Jluck456

Sep 22, 2012
I crh and have a girlfriend. We both also have jobs dealing with money and as nerdy as she thinks my collection is, she loves coming home and bringing me coins I look for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread