day 2 at the old orchard my first gold coin!!!

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder

Attachments

• 000_0651[1] (2).jpg
    000_0651[1] (2).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,232
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,279
Upvote 0
The bad thing is....my detector showed it as iron, picked up a real low 1,2 on it. I thought it was another horseshoe nail!!

Congrats, That is a super find. I'm waiting for the day that I find my first gold coin. I would go back again and search it real hard if you can. Great job.

did u nick it?

it's still great.................might be fixed......
HH

Um... I am in awe.... beautiful find....I would pay 100 bucks to see the look on your face when you figured out what you had!

The good thing is that you dug it! I often wonder how many gold coins I've left in the ground because I didn't like the signal. What a great find!

Great coin! How big of an orchard is it? There is one down the road from me that only has about 20 trees or so; I never thought to detect there.

Guess you will just have to dig EVERYTHING now.

Wildcatman,

Congrat's on a beautiful coin and the find of a lifetime. Can't wait to see what else you dig up in that orchard (I'm now frantically trying to remember the places I've seen old orchards!).

I can't say I'm thrilled to hear that it rang up in the iron range.....sheesh, it's bad enough I've gotta dig every foil/pulltab signal.....now iron, too!!!???!! ;)

If you nicked it, who cares? I'll take a nicked gold piece over a perfect horseshoe nail any day.

MP

wildcatman71 said:
The bad thing is....my detector showed it as iron, picked up a real low 1,2 on it. I thought it was another horseshoe nail!!

Incredible find!!! I would end up with a thousand horseshoe nails, because I'd dig every one of them from now on.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back