deleted

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Indoor L-rod practice

aarthrj3811, are you using one or two rods ?

Digman.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

dowser said:
Hey Art.. I never checked my truck for a light gold signal, but i wouldn't be supprised to find one..
I was scanning for Iridium a few months ago, looking for meteorites, and got led to the rear end of a friends new lawn tractor.. It must have some in there...
Iridium or meteorites??

Seeing as how it's about 4 times more rare than gold, it's about an impossibility that the mower's rear end contains any iridium, although if your buddy installed a high-dollar spark plug it may have a tiny amount there. Of course, that wouldn't be in the read end of the mower.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wouldn't have thought there was iridium in there either. It is a new Sears tractor, maybee they alloyed it with something in a gear, or a shear pin, you'd better do the research for us..

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

dowser said:
I wouldn't have thought there was iridium in there either. It is a new Sears tractor, maybee they alloyed it with something in a gear, or a shear pin, you'd better do the research for us..
A new Sears mower? A shear or cotter pin may be a possiblity, as might be a small portion of the rear end gearing. I'll see if I can find anything.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey AF,
It's a Craftsman DYS 4500 bought last fall, hope this will help...

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Mike(Mont) said:
I realize some people like to dump on other's posts. Sort of like mooning the forum. I just wish you'd wipe your but first. Then people wonder why they get no respect. This has absolutely nothing to do with Indoor L-rod practice. Start a new post.

Iridium is a heavy metal and it comes from the sky. It gets on the grass and could easily accumulate on a mower deck in minute quantities. End of story.
I'd love to see where you found the information about iridium falling from the sky, Mike. And if this was the case, why is the greatest portion of iridium concentrated in the core of the earth, whereas so little of it is found on the surface? Also, wouldn't it accumulate in many other locations as well? Does gold magically fall from the sky in your little world, as well?

End of story, your mooning and unwiped butt.....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

dowser said:
Hey AF,
It's a Craftsman DYS 4500 bought last fall, hope this will help...
Good info. Haven't found anything in regards to Sears using iridium in their mowers yet, but I'll keep researching.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

Hey AF…I know I promised not to answer your posts….You see that dowser and I are exchanging information…I have two rocks that are of iron and nickel. They are very magnetic. When I checked them for Iridium the rods responded. As long as it will help me find more rocks that I think are meteorites I will use it. Information on the types of meteorites is very hard to find. The first one I found was dug by UNR as it was over 500 pounds and on Indian Land…..I am having a lot of fun looking for things that have peeked my interest. Mammoth Tusks and Dinosaur Bones are also on my list. ….Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread