Deposit slip(s)

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate when tellers ask "do you have a deposit slip?". Pieces of work tellers..... you have a dang deposit slip sitting right behind your little tella fence. and for crying out loud, "fill out your account information." More like, how about you just get on with the deposit and stop wasting my time. You fill out the account information, I'll know if YOU as a teller made a mistake when you give me the receipt. One of these days, if the tella really makes me mad, I'm going to wright an extra 0 on the deposit slip. who knows if they are dumb enough to ask all these unnecessaries, well, I think they be dumb enough to enter an extra zero into the system. and what if they did come after you? just say you felt under pressure, and the teller made you get a slip, and you have bad hand writing, so you didn't know what you were doing.

For real though, these deposit slips are messed up, a real deal killer at many banks. I just closed my account at citizens bank today, they asked why, I said (along the lines of), "well this one time I was at this very branch, and the teller, made me turn around, walk 15 feet to a small island with a bunch of useless pamphlets that had a small pad of deposit slips. After getting the deposit slip, I had to wait 2 minutes for her to find a pen, and she couldn't find one, and I had to go back to the island to grab another pen. Then waste 1 minute filling it out. This is unacceptable, I won't have a bank that belittles me by meaningless deposit slips." It was one of those account people who sit at chairs in larger banks, and don't do much but open new accounts, he was pretty shocked when I told this to his face.

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fully agree that entitlement crap is overdone in America and wish it would stop, but to empower the self entitled people is just another way of condoning their behavior. It is positive reinforcement for negative behavior. There is absolutely no entitlement issue at all with a customer expecting the bank teller to do their job, they were hired to do. Look at them as a B#@&h if you want or not, but when it boils down to it, they are being PAID to do their WORK. Banks make money off customers, some of that money goes to paying the bank tellers wage to do their job, who in turn passes the work back onto the customer. This is not entitlement of a customer, this is laziness and entitlement of a employee.

Those slips are put out on the island by the bank in hopes of speeding up their lines for shorter waiting times for customers and ultimately more business for them (ie.. more money for them) Maybe waiters at restaurants should just leave order booklets at every table also and demand that customers fill them out and if they don't, refuse them service!! You know why they don't do this?!? Because it's stupid and they operate on tips and they do their jobs the best they can in hopes that they make more money, where as the teller doesn't give a crap because she gets the same money no matter how much she works (in comes her lazy demeanor).

As for definitions of what a bank tellers job is, i suggest some googling of the words JOB, WORK, WAGE, CUSTOMER SERVICE, etc... Or just go ask your boss if you can pawn some of your workload off to the customer and find out what his answer is for a quick and easy definition. If i was the bank manager and saw my worker hassling a customer, there would be some apologies and a stern warning, if i caught them doing it again... well the world needs ditch diggers too.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, now I get it. By your way of thinking, from now on I just go into any seven eleven and tell the clerk what I want and they go get it for me. Doesn't apply very well does it. After all, it is they're job, customer service, servant.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I don't believe any of what was said actually happened that way. A lot of gangsta exaggeration going on.

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, now I get it. By your way of thinking, from now on I just go into any seven eleven and tell the clerk what I want and they go get it for me. Doesn't apply very well does it. After all, it is they're job, customer service, servant.

That's not there job, they are being paid to operate a cash register and not get things for a customer; it is not way expected of them to "get things" for a customer. People don't make deposits, payments, withdrawals, there is no service being provided except enabling a means to facilitate my transaction. A teller on the other hand is employed by a bank to service a customer, they should know how to deal with everyday transactions and customers and should receive training accordingly, if they don't, they can go work at 7-11. Whenever someone makes a deposit, a withdrawal, or even makes a payment, they should know how to deal with each situation accordingly. The deposit slip is nothing more than an anachronism, a waste of my time, the teller's and thereby the bank's time, and a waste of other customers time. And it really did happen that way for the most part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread