Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I tested the new VLF Fisher F-2 ($199 + shipping) against a China made VLF detector called the MD 3009. The Chinese machine is sold on ebay under many different names. The importers order like 100 units and put any name they want on them. I understand this model has recently been upgraded to the MD 3009A.

My 3009 was purchased back about 7 years ago off ebay for a winning bid of $50+ shipping. These still auction off for this price today. My 3009 has been greatly abused by my grandkids and for the test the batteries were a year old and heavily used.

Both detectors have 8" coils.

Comparisons:

(test object dug wheat penny)

F- 2 - 4" MD 3009 - 6"

(test object clad quarter)

F-2 - 5" MD 3009 - 8"

The F-2 was rock solid stable and set to maximum sensitivity and zero discrimination.

The 3009 needed to be set on reduced sensitivity (4) to be stable. It would go deeper but not without lots of chatter. I also set it to discriminate out nails.

HH,

Badger

Willy

I'm gonna love the responses to this one. Did you notice, on the other Fisher forum, that they've been deleting posts (whole threads even) 'cause they haven't toed the line and said only good things about the F2/F4? Priceless. ..Willy.

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willy said:
I'm gonna love the responses to this one. Did you notice, on the other Fisher forum, that they've been deleting posts (whole threads even) 'cause they haven't toed the line and said only good things about the F2/F4? Priceless. ..Willy.
It is priceless...It is almost impossible to get a non biased opinion!!!

Willy

Well, the name calling hasn't started yet, so that's a good start. Neither have the personal attacks, you know, the "Your parents were brothers" stuff that really has nothing to do with field tests or metal detecting. ..Willy.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Willy said:
Well, the name calling hasn't started yet, so that's a good start. Neither have the personal attacks, you know, the "Your parents were brothers" stuff that really has nothing to do with field tests or metal detecting. ..Willy.

I think most of those persons try hard to pretend that TreasureNet is a nonentity.

Most of our wars here are over jealousy and a disdain for clad.... :D ;D ::)

Lets all sit back and enjoy all the posts that say "I dug a dime at 14+ inches with the 3-inch coil...AND the tone was dead on!," etc.

R

robert roy

Korban

>>>>>so far my best finds were when I was sleeping<<<<

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Yea! I hear that! I bet you got astounding depth in those dreams too!!!!

About some posts being deleted: I have noticed that too. I just read a not so good report about the F2 and I think its been deleted as well but I don't know for what reason. Still, I have read other unfavorable posts about the F2 that are still there? So how does one figure THAT one out? If the post was deleted it may well have something to do with the relationship between the Adminstrator and the person who posted. I can't think of any other reason since I didn't see anything offensive in the negative F2 post.

Robert R

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I missed the negative posts, anyhoo, I thought the f2 was basically the same as the f4 except price, I also heard the ace250 was pretty much on the same level as the f2, the f4, the prismIV and the tesoro silver???

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
sniffer said:
I missed the negative posts, anyhoo, I thought the f2 was basically the same as the f4 except price, I also heard the ace250 was pretty much on the same level as the f2, the f4, the prismIV and the tesoro silver???

The only way to know for sure is to bury a penny and test them all side-by-side. Don't take my word or anybody else's word.

When it comes to depth and performance the only way to know for certain is to test the machines yourself.

Dealers have an obvious bias and some people want so much to believe that they see what isn't there.

But if you'd like a comment from the peanut gallery, I'd bet on the Silver uMax to top all of them. The poorest depth would be the F-2 and maybe F-4.

Badger

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
............Badger.........Did you get your ...Infinium.....Yet........................==Jim==

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
roachnjim said:
............Badger.........Did you get your ...Infinium.....Yet........................==Jim==

Not yet Jim. The dealer had to order one as he doesn't carry them in his store this time of year.

He told me I should get it this week. I sure hope so.

Did you get yours yet?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan Badger said:
roachnjim said:

Not yet Jim. The dealer had to order one as he doesn't carry them in his store this time of year.

Did you get yours yet?
Not yet ..Badger...And we have been having some nice weather here wish i did have it....No snow and the temperature has been 35 to 40................................==Jim==

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
roachnjim said:
Michigan Badger said:
roachnjim said:

Did you get yours yet?
Not yet ..Badger...And we have been having some nice weather here wish i did have it....No snow and the temperature has been 35 to 40................................==Jim==

I have a feeling the Infinium hasn't been a great seller for Garrett. I would think the Excalibur has taken the bulk of the business.

If we get our machines and do some really nice videos we could help change all this.

Jim I wonder if anyone has ever seriously tried to master the Infinium on land?

Badger

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Badger......I have put up post and asked that question and get no replys.I asked that John-Edmond that is a Garrett user the one from Canada about his Infinium and he got back to me.I did go on a site were they tell about the Infinium... I don't know offhand what the site was called. But some users of the Infinium talked about haveing good luck in tot lots and parks with it...The site was called ....Garrett Infinium......something like that if i can fine it i will let you know..................... ......BADGER SOME ONE GAVE ME A REPLY IN TREASURE NET UNDER PROSPECTING THEN UNDER ..NUGGET HUNTING..CLICK ON THE FIRST SITE THEY GAVE ME Then you can read all the posts the one about tot lots was good.So you must be able to use the Infinium about any place..........==Jim==........................Badger go to the Garrett posts i got some info there from JOHN-ENMONTON he put the site up that is in nugget hunting....................

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well if you get a Fisher F2 that seems to stable and doesn't get great depth, check it's depth meter reading to see if it's acurate on coins. If it's off send it back for an adjustment. Many have complained about this and when they get it back it's like a different detector. It seems either the ground balance is preset way off or the sensitivity is set to low on so units. I have seem some that can detect at penny at 10" no problem others at 4" only. I just sent one back myself and I am a dealer. I sold it the customer brought it back I gave him a refund and sent it back to Fisher, shouldn't have to put up with this. Fisher wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On a lighter note the F5 I have in stock is hot and the F75 works great so it seems it's a hit or miss buying a Fisher right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread