Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting Ancestral Yuba Gold Deposits

The Hydraulic Pits are calling and the Ancestral Yuba Gold Deposits have got mine and Brian's attention !!!
We load up in Brian's pick up truck and head off to the Sierra Nevada's in search of Placer Gold Nuggets.
Whats better than one Minelab SDC 2300 how about two as we each fire our detectors up in hopes of finding a big Gold Nugget.
Hydraulic Mining initially developed in 1852-53 at Buckeye Flat and American Hill.
This revolutionary mining method rapidly evolved, in conjunction with development of vast systems of Mining using vast systems of mining ditches or Canals and fabrication of large diameter iron pipe systems connected to reservoirs to deliver high pressure water to run the Nozzles ( Monitors ) within the Pits.
This process was used to cheaply mine large volumes of Gold bearing gravel of the Ancestral Yuba River system.

SG 101

Upvote 2

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Hydraulic Pits are calling and the Ancestral Yuba Gold Deposits have got mine and Brian's attention !!!
We load up in Brian's pick up truck and head off to the Sierra Nevada's in search of Placer Gold Nuggets.
Whats better than one Minelab SDC 2300 how about two as we each fire our detectors up in hopes of finding a big Gold Nugget.
Hydraulic Mining initially developed in 1852-53 at Buckeye Flat and American Hill.
This revolutionary mining method rapidly evolved, in conjunction with development of vast systems of Mining using vast systems of mining ditches or Canals and fabrication of large diameter iron pipe systems connected to reservoirs to deliver high pressure water to run the Nozzles ( Monitors ) within the Pits.
This process was used to cheaply mine large volumes of Gold bearing gravel of the Ancestral Yuba River system.

SG 101

Cool Stuff!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions