Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That comment was made by your "friend" lol and my post was not meant for you! Someone is cranky today! There is NO threshold setting on the AT Pro, you know I'm 100% Dues fan Boy at this point
A quote taken from an earlier thread.
(#1. Many Deus users seem to think their Deus makes them elite detectorists. There is an air or elitism aroud some Deus users)
Are you feeling it yet Austin?
I'm feeling it.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I love my Deus. I don't feel elite, I just feel well equipped. :icon_thumright:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That comment was made by your "friend" lol and my post was not meant for you! Someone is cranky today! There is NO threshold setting on the AT Pro, you know I'm 100% Dues fan Boy at this point

My sincere apologies. Lost track of who was posting what, so I completely messed up.

Yeah, cranky I guess. Tired of others getting the brunt of my "friend's" negativity, so I decided to be the lightning rod today. It was no surprise.

A quote taken from an earlier thread.
(#1. Many Deus users seem to think their Deus makes them elite detectorists. There is an air or elitism aroud some Deus users)
Are you feeling it yet Austin?
I'm feeling it.

I admitted I made a mistake and apologized to Austin. So if that is elitist, then so be it.

Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No not towards you H, your friend in question. It's his quote.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No not towards you H, your friend in question. It's his quote.

Got it. Perhaps I need to brush up on MY reading comprehension.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got it. Perhaps I need to brush up on MY reading comprehension. ;)

This place wouldn't be the same without you and your knowledge about the Dues! Thanks for the apology.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This place wouldn't be the same without you and your knowledge about the Dues! Thanks for the apology.

Much appreciated, Austin. That whole exchange yesterday was really frustrating and put me in a funk the rest of the day, especially since it resulted in some unintended collateral damage. I am not sure what motivates people to crap on other people who are just enjoying talking about equipment they like. What is up with that? I don't like to say people are wrong in these discussions because the discussion typically encompass a lot of opinion and personal experience or just miscommunication and the science of metal detecting is murky at best unless facts are just flat out incorrect like coil A will not work on machine B. If I have wronged someone or have put bad information out, though, I will admit it. I wish that were true across the board, there would be a lot less unnecessary back and forth.

Last edited:

hori

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this forum is great for newbs to experienced folks to ask questions and share tips...
.....However there are always trolls who have no life and like nothing better than to stir up Sh*t.... sad but every forum have them...

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to update my control unit to see if it helps my field hunting. I also have my name in for the waiting list for the new 9" HF coil. I'm from NW Ohio but am working in southern NC 10 days down there and 4 days home for next year or so. I haven't taken the deus or any other detector down with me yet but plan on it soon. Anyone live down there that can point me in rite direction on where to hunt. I've had a few detectors both at pro and gold also and my favorite was the at gold till I got the deus and learned to use it. I've had it a year and love it but in no way think I'm a better detectorist than anyone else. For me it's about finding history and having fun. I daydream at times about finding my first gold coin and I've been detecting for years now lol.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the dealers are getting them to show to their customers. But the mass shipment from XP will begin, some reports say, on the 23rd of Feb.

In addition to a sample pinpointer, dealers also have a secret link to the v4 program, free to try out until the official release. What I wouldn't give to have that URL, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got word a few moments ago that the new coil and pinpointer will be shipped us on March 31. I will have a little bit more information for everyone shortly.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Deus brochures

note the Elliptical coil is listed for a May 2017 release. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2272.PNG
    IMG_2272.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2273.PNG
    IMG_2273.PNG
    834.8 KB · Views: 97

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was also told by my preferred dealer that the US will be shipped to march 31 so I guess we are waiting a bit more for V4. Fine with me we have 2 feet of snow in the Hudson Valley region of NY :BangHead:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here n NH.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking at the coil attachment, looks a little um what's the proper word here? Loose? [emoji846]I'm sure there is a method to the madness, prevent damage to the coil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol yeah I just noticed that. I'm guessing this dealer who took the pics just wanted to show what it looked like after being put together and didn't bother putting in the rubber washers.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000