Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grrrrrr...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sit back and watch the same sh*t show happen again, could you see a major brand name pulling this crap NOPE... I think we all need to get on social media and let our thoughts be known! Oh thats right there are only a limited number of Dues users in the USA so they probably don't care about there US based customers.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, the new ship date is more consistent with what Keith from Ft. Bedford was saying regarding when he is supposed to receive product from the US XP Distributor (i.e., 31 March). But, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Mahskeeter

Jun 18, 2016
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the update bad. Probably just because I update everything, but this month or that month. Meh.... That being said my ground is frozen solid. That's killing me a whole lot more.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new hardware requires the new software, but not vice versa so I hope we get the update soon even if the new hardware is delayed. Lots if goodies even for the legacy Deus hardware.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet we will get the update in March.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what is chapping my azz, the fact that we are "waiting" on a software release that is needed even to run the "new hardware" no one has seen in mass. Are we just looking at a prototype run, and some beta software. I am inline with both of you we will get after March 31 as that's the supposed US ship date. Now from a company Stand point you release a product to all distribution points at the same time or around the same time. If they didn't hype this up so much and then delay for soooo long I wouldn't be as concerned as a customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what is chapping my azz, the fact that we are "waiting" on a software release that is needed even to run the "new hardware" no one has seen in mass. Are we just looking at a prototype run, and some beta software. I am inline with both of you we will get after March 31 as that's the supposed US ship date. Now from a company Stand point you release a product to all distribution points at the same time or around the same time. If they didn't hype this up so much and then delay for soooo long I wouldn't be as concerned as a customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the strange dysfunctional marketing alternate universe known as XP. This update has been discussed out in the open since the summer of 2015 (yes no typo 2015). I personally know that Andy Sabisch was running pre-release V 4.0 variants since at least February 2016 and perhaps even before that. That would be on long Beta software run (over a year).

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pin-pointer vid...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill Ladd frightens me. What's a "pinpointah"?

Just poking fun. No offense to New Englanders. Everyone needs to calm down now! :laughing7:

Glad he demo'd it for us, though. Fun vid, good info.

Last edited:

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know if XP will deliver the standard coils now alos with battery in shaft instread of battery in coil?

Ahhh ...This really grinds my gear that the mericans get the pinpointer cheaper as the English and continental Europeans :BangHead:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know if XP will deliver the standard coils now alos with battery in shaft instread of battery in coil?

Ahhh ...This really grinds my gear that the mericans get the pinpointer cheaper as the English and continental Europeans :BangHead:

Good question, but I am wondering why its needed in the first place. The first gen coils could go a whole 20 hour (at least) marathon detecting day without needing recharging so why bother. I have a feeling thenew hf coils are sucking more juice than the legacy coils so it was a necessary mod.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but it might help when it's time to actually replace the battery.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agree with easier replacement. With the regular you have to cut the battery out of the coil and then reseal not the best in my mind!

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, replacement. The repair kit does not really entice me. Cutting my coil, putting it in? I understand as much electronics as my neighbours cat speaks french...

My battery is still doing ok, but since I use the lower frequencies, I see that the coil gets dry earlier.

W/ regard to the new coils: They are large -> should drain power BUT they are intended for higher freq. in in my experience, lower freq. drain the coil much more quickly.

Also currently you have to throw the old battery away, with outside battery you could still use it as backup.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The way I understood the reasoning for the higher capacity battery in the two new HF coils was because the primary use is gold hunting. With that sort of thing, you might be hunting for a couple days at a time, in a remote area, without easy access to recharging. So the higher capacity battery is so you can do that, without having to worry about recharging or carrying an external battery backup.

Higher Frequencies do use less power, so the battery will last longer anyway. Moving the battery outside the coil, I believe was mostly due to space limitations within the coil for a higher capacity battery... and not the battery replacement process. Which should only be necessary every 5 years or so with normal detecting and even then, it cost $50 to send it in and have it replaced.... that's not too much when you consider the savings the lipo battery gives you over those years.

I've had my Deus for about a year and a half, hunt with it weekly and always recharge it after each hunt. I have no noticeable difference yet in my battery life and even when I hunt for 10 hours a day, the bars are still at half way or more! The batteries last so long, I even leave it on when I take breaks so I don't have to power it up and set the GB again. ha

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I understood the reasoning for the higher capacity battery in the two new HF coils was because the primary use is gold hunting. With that sort of thing, you might be hunting for a couple days at a time, in a remote area, without easy access to recharging. So the higher capacity battery is so you can do that, without having to worry about recharging or carrying an external battery backup.

Higher Frequencies do use less power, so the battery will last longer anyway. Moving the battery outside the coil, I believe was mostly due to space limitations within the coil for a higher capacity battery... and not the battery replacement process. Which should only be necessary every 5 years or so with normal detecting and even then, it cost $50 to send it in and have it replaced.... that's not too much when you consider the savings the lipo battery gives you over those years.

I've had my Deus for about a year and a half, hunt with it weekly and always recharge it after each hunt. I have no noticeable difference yet in my battery life and even when I hunt for 10 hours a day, the bars are still at half way or more! The batteries last so long, I even leave it on when I take breaks so I don't have to power it up and set the GB again. ha

Why do you say higher frequencies use less power? I have heard both arguments (its higher and lower power required for higher frequencies). Not being argumentative, just interested in the theory behind it. I would have thought the opposite. Regarding remote area detecting, I would imagine that the control box would be limiting and they are not doing anything about that. Also, you could use solar recharging if you brought a spare coil and have unlimited on station time. Seems like a pretty big design change for a rather niche application. But it does have its advantages.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread