All Treasure Hunting
conleytheking said:
Hm, I have never ran across one of those... I like! :icon_thumleft:

first for me too man i loved seeing it on the end too

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats in real nice shape. That would be the Canadian war nickel, at least one variation of our war nickel. That is made from chrome plated steel. Also the nice V on the front has a double meaning. One is that it is the roman numeral for 5 representing the denomination and if anyone remembers good ol' Winston Churchill back in world war 2 he had his famous V for Victory sign. Putting the V for Victory on circulating coins during the war was used to create good moral back home. Also on the front side featuring the V along the rim written is morse code the phrase "We Win When We Work Willingly", again another way to boost moral.

Congrats on the first.

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Canadian Guy said:
Thats in real nice shape. That would be the Canadian war nickel, at least one variation of our war nickel. That is made from chrome plated steel. Also the nice V on the front has a double meaning. One is that it is the roman numeral for 5 representing the denomination and if anyone remembers good ol' Winston Churchill back in world war 2 he had his famous V for Victory sign. Putting the V for Victory on circulating coins during the war was used to create good moral back home. Also on the front side featuring the V along the rim written is morse code the phrase "We Win When We Work Willingly", again another way to boost moral.

Congrats on the first.

thanks for all the info man glad to see what it all means!

hopefully its not a last! happy hunting

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the design on that coin. I have one of those that I got from a magnet in a machine. Mine is a little rusty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread