Did Odyssey return finally the 500M of spanish coins to "España?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Did Odyssey return finally the 500M of spanish coins to "España?

SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I never said our fore fathers treated the indians properly, I said for the most part they did not honor the treaties.....

Who was it that landed here in 1492 and claimed the land for their king, it was Spain, and you really dont want to talk about the Indians, considering what Spain did to the Indians when they came to the Americas, they raped, killed and tortured all they could get their hands on, destroying the Aztec, Inca and Maya civilizations as well as many other smaller civilizations......

You try to make it sound as if Spain was the only country guilty of these atrocities. Shame on you for trying to skew and distort history in an attempt to villainize the Spanish.

SVR, I'm not, if you read the thread you would see that post was in reply to MORE AND BEYOND OSSY post about Americas's treatment of the Indians, Spanish were here raping and pillaging the indian population and land in their search for gold and silver for 250+ years before we were even a country as were the Portuguese. The Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire began in February 1519 and was acclaimed victorious on August 13, 1521 by Spain.....

Bill

Mar 19, 2003
Cocoa Beach

"Who was it that landed here in 1492 and claimed the land for their king,"
I posted "At the time mentioned". Did I not?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Bill said:
"Who was it that landed here in 1492 and claimed the land for their king,"
I posted "At the time mentioned". Did I not?

Bill, I'm a little slow, so please bear with me and I will take a long shot at answering your question. Let's see 1492. Columbus I believe was Italian ( or was that Polish ?) and I think the Queen of Spain outfitted him with Ships from Spain for his venture.

I don't think some people understand that we aren't talking about race here. I think this all started about Greed. So for everyone of Spanish Blood, let me be the first one to tell you that in my Opinion the North American Politician, without regard to race is about as Greedy as they come. They love to fill their own pockets with money. I don't imagine that the Politicians in any other Country are much different.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY said:
Spain has clearly stated it never abandon any of it's ships
Ossy
History proves otherwise. Archival accounts of Spain abandoning ships span centuries!

"Armenta then returned to Havana with this treasure and ceased diving operations, claiming that the small amount they were then recovering were not sufficient to counteract the high costs of protecting the sites."

So here we have the King's Representative ceasing salvage operations on the 1715 Fleet.
Spain very often salvaged their wrecks. When they ceased salvage operations they abandoned the wrecks.

Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines abandoned as:

1 a : left without needed protection or care
▪ an abandoned baby

b : left by the owner
▪ an abandoned house/car

c : no longer held or thought of : given up
▪ abandoned [=forsaken] hopes/dreams

As one can see these definitions apply to virtually all of “Spain’s” shipwrecks.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Treasure Hunter & Au-Dreamer, It's refreshing to read you intelligent reports. :hello2:

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SWR said:
You try to make it sound as if Spain was the only country guilty of these atrocities. Shame on you for trying to skew and distort history in an attempt to villainize the Spanish.

[/quote]

Ive been reading the thread, no need to insult my intelligence. I didn't read it that way...

The thread took a terrible dive downhill after this uneducated analogy and cheap-shot @ Spain:

Treasure_Hunter said:
Spain has no more of a claim to the gold than Germany does to the gold stolen by Nazis during WWII......

Just like all of the other Odyssey threads...civility is out the window, and history gets butchered/misrepresented in a vain attempt to advance an agenda.
[/quote]

I don't read him as trying to make it sound like Spain was the only country. It is the country of the subject matter. He never once used the word “only”. Maybe it’s your point of view that makes you read it that way. He posted facts, where is the distortion, skewing?

Are you saying Spain's actions are excusable because others countries have committed atrocities?

He didn’t villainize Spain- Spain villainized Spain by their own accord.

How is it an uneducated analogy and a cheap shot?
You mean the factual past isn’t allowed into conversation?
We’re not allowed to talk about “dirty secrets in the closet”?

So you’re claiming that Spain didn’t “considering what Spain did to the Indians when they came to the Americas, they raped, killed and tortured all they could get their hands on, destroying the Aztec, Inca and Maya civilizations as well as many other smaller civilizations” ?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

architecad said:
Hey, I live in Maryland and if I go to Assateague island National Park with a metal detector, you will see me behind bars soon.

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Yes because you would be violating written law! A non-ambiguous written law!
OM had a legal agreement to search and recover the artifacts in question.

Someone within Spain is interpreting the written law differently than those that wrote the agreement with OM. So in this world of sue for greed, sue for greed, sue for greed, this gets locked up in a court system.

Has the U.S ever made comment on the illegal boarding of an American vessel at sea?
What about the illegal detainment of American citizens and their property?

Are you an American?
Doesn’t that piss you off?

Oh I guess our Secretary of State wouldn’t want to undermine her friend’s lawsuit!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SWR said:
I'm saying exactly what I posted.

If you have some real questions for me, and not rhetorical comments disguised as real questions...please ask them.

If you need help in how to use the QUOTE feature to make your posts more orderly, I will assist you in that, as well

Well then why don't you read other posts for "exactly" what is written instead of your biased misread interpretation? Ya know using the same playing field for all...

My questions were very simple and direct! If you don't want to answer them it's ok :wink:

Nope the quote works well for me, sorry it doesn't for you, but thanks for the offer.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So you're stating you don't want to answer the questions? I thought so...

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

I brought this subject up on another thread not long ago...it caused chaos there too! :laughing9: :laughing9:

I'll stay out of this one. Carry on. :wink:

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box

Dano Sverige said:
I brought this subject up on another thread not long ago...it caused chaos there too! :laughing9: :laughing9:

I'll stay out of this one. Carry on. :wink:

Any subject here in this forum has the high potential to cause chaos!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Arch

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I never said our fore fathers treated the Indians properly, I said for the most part they did not honor the treaties.....

Who was it that landed here in 1492 and claimed the land for their king, it was Spain, and you really dint want to talk about the Indians, considering what Spain did to the Indians when they came to the Americas, they raped, killed and tortured all they could get their hands on, destroying the Aztec, Inca and Maya civilizations as well as many other smaller civilizations......

You try to make it sound as if Spain was the only country guilty of these atrocities. Shame on you for trying to skew and distort history in an attempt to villainies the Spanish.

SVR, I'm not, if you read the thread you would see that post was in reply to MORE AND BEYOND OSSY post about Americas's treatment of the Indians, Spanish were here raping and pillaging the Indian population and land in their search for gold and silver for 250+ years before we were even a country as were the Portuguese. The Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire began in February 1519 and was acclaimed victorious on August 13, 1521 by Spain.....

Ive been reading the thread, no need to insult my intelligence.

The thread took a terrible dive downhill after this uneducated analogy and cheap-shot @ Spain:

Treasure_Hunter said:
Spain has no more of a claim to the gold than Germany does to the gold stolen by Nazis during WWII......

Just like all of the other Odyssey threads...civility is out the window, and history gets butchered/misrepresented in a vain attempt to advance an agenda.

SVR, I was NOT insulting your intelligence, I stated facts, history upholds what I posted, There is more than enough documentation of the atrocities committed by the Spanish against the inhabitants of the New World......There was over 250 years of atrocities against the inhabitants of the Americas by Spain before American ever rebelled against England, saying they weren't the only ones commiting the acts does not lessen or change the history of the Spanish conquest in the Americas.

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Au_Dreamers said:
architecad said:
Hey, I live in Maryland and if I go to Assateague island National Park with a metal detector, you will see me behind bars soon.

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Yes because you would be violating written law! A non-ambiguous written law!
OM had a legal agreement to search and recover the artifacts in question.

Someone within Spain is interpreting the written law differently than those that wrote the agreement with OM. So in this world of sue for greed, sue for greed, sue for greed, this gets locked up in a court system.

Has the U.S ever made comment on the illegal boarding of an American vessel at sea?
What about the illegal detainment of American citizens and their property?

Are you an American?
Doesn’t that piss you off?

Oh I guess our Secretary of State wouldn’t want to undermine her friend’s lawsuit!
They were Boarded after they left, the 3 mile's of Gibraltar territorial zone ! Which means they were in Spanish water's.
And Like most Pirates that take goods that don't belong to them ( Especialy when they had been toll not to touch the Mercedes ) They were boarded. They planned it well and removed all evidence of the
ship. Lucky for them.
The US Doesn't Rule the World my friend !!! Spain Has it's own Laws !
Justifing to yourself that Spain sold the goods in the first place, so it's fine for you to keep is Hypocrtical !!!!
Ossy

MORE AND BEYOND OSSY

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2008
BRISBANE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I never said our fore fathers treated the Indians properly, I said for the most part they did not honor the treaties.....

Who was it that landed here in 1492 and claimed the land for their king, it was Spain, and you really dint want to talk about the Indians, considering what Spain did to the Indians when they came to the Americas, they raped, killed and tortured all they could get their hands on, destroying the Aztec, Inca and Maya civilizations as well as many other smaller civilizations......

You try to make it sound as if Spain was the only country guilty of these atrocities. Shame on you for trying to skew and distort history in an attempt to villainies the Spanish.

SVR, I'm not, if you read the thread you would see that post was in reply to MORE AND BEYOND OSSY post about Americas's treatment of the Indians, Spanish were here raping and pillaging the Indian population and land in their search for gold and silver for 250+ years before we were even a country as were the Portuguese. The Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire began in February 1519 and was acclaimed victorious on August 13, 1521 by Spain.....

Ive been reading the thread, no need to insult my intelligence.

Treasure_Hunter said:

SVR, I was NOT insulting your intelligence, I stated facts, history upholds what I posted, There is more than enough documentation of the atrocities committed by the Spanish against the inhabitants of the New World......There was over 250 years of atrocities against the inhabitants of the Americas by Spain before American ever rebelled against England, saying they weren't the only ones commiting the acts does not lessen or change the history of the Spanish conquest in the Americas.
We have a saying here in Oz " Its like the Pot calling the Kettle Black "
Ossy

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Please, let's keep the order and respect. :)

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon

The bottom line is that private interests find & recover these treasures.

Governments do nothing but create red tape, and empires for power tripping bureaucrats.

All the stuff ever found on the seabed would still be there if it was left up to governments.

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Saturna said:
The bottom line is that private interests find & recover these treasures.

Governments do nothing but create red tape, and empires for power tripping bureaucrats.

All the stuff ever found on the seabed would still be there if it was left up to governments.

Read this statement:

"The big fish get eat the little fish". This true always has been present in the history of the human kind.

1. Spain conquered almost the whole American continent, from Florida and California up to Argentina, since 1492 to 1800's. They committed, genocide against the Maya, Aztecs, Incas everything for the gold. After that, everything that they did in those conquered territories was legal.

2. United Stated conquered the Native American territories. They committed genocide and wars against those ethnic groups since 1600 to 1890?. After that, everything that they did in those conquered territories was legal. They founded the United Stated of America.

3. United State of America declared the war against Spain in 1898. The American troops took as Military booty to Philippine, Guam, Cuba and Puerto Rico. They never acted with democracy in front these countries. They took them and period. If some of those countries decided to keep them as territories of the United Stated(Guam and Puerto Rico) it's another story. After that, everything that they did in those conquered territories is legal.

So, all treasure brought from South America to Spain during the period of the colonization and it was lost in the bottom of the sea, all of them, belong to Spain, Spain is the legitimate owner. Did they steel archaeological treasures? Yes, they did it and today, they keep steeling treasure, this time as Archaeologist and putting them in a foreigner Museum.

That it is. :dontknow:

chappysgold

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2009
adelaide
Detector(s) used
GPX4000,SD2200

And another saying here in OZ,"you might be barking up the wrong tree aussie" :headbang:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread