Diggers season 4 done filming

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These two guys have done nothing but show metal detecting in a positive light and just because they're a little goofy shouldn't bother anyone. If you are so stiff that a little pratfall offends then you have more than a little issue.
I will gladly take nectar, roundness and juice any day over boom baby and bill Ladd saying " yeeeaah" and " howoood, whatcha find howoood?" I like BL but nails on a chalk board sometimes.
I'm glad the guys are doing well, I hope they continue to be blessed and continue to show the non-detecting population the good side to our hobby.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like the show, I love it...Ive stood up for the show since day one...I quit worrying about people making fun of me in about the seventh grade.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the opportunity to meet The Diggers a few weeks ago at the Texas Metal Detecting Coin and Relic Show. They are genuine down to earth detectorists who enjoy picking on each other 24-7. If you would have seen how many kids came by to get their pictures made with KG and Ringy, you would understand that they are making a big impact in bringing new and young people into the hobby. They do a lot of work ( 5 days of detecting) each week digging trash to get enough good targets to provide a show.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
Haters don't want to hear the positive stuff...the only thing they can say negative about the show is how goofy they act...they wont say everything else about the show is good...they only harp on the one negative and to me its not a negative...people say the show could be so much better but they don't seem to realize its the longest running detecting show on TV because of the way its done...its WAY more positive for the hobby than it is negative.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like the show, I love it...Ive stood up for the show since day one...I quit worrying about people making fun of me in about the seventh grade.

Yep

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These two guys have done nothing but show metal detecting in a positive light and just because they're a little goofy shouldn't bother anyone. If you are so stiff that a little pratfall offends then you have more than a little issue.
I will gladly take nectar, roundness and juice any day over boom baby and bill Ladd saying " yeeeaah" and " howoood, whatcha find howoood?" I like BL but nails on a chalk board sometimes.
I'm glad the guys are doing well, I hope they continue to be blessed and continue to show the non-detecting population the good side to our hobby.

LOL If I as around Bill for awhile I'm sure the accent would disappear .
but I do know what ya Mean :laughing7:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Great show. How boring the show would be if they didn't get overly excited about detecting I would fall asleep to the show. It would be boring to listen to...something like Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood..."and look here folks, we have ourselves another wheat penny"..

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the government is the worst - they are close 2nd

Their is no close second to being worse than the government: {National, Federal, State, County, Community, and beach goers who think and act like public beaches are for their specific type of use only.

If their was a close second, I woud guess Archeologists and public officials who overextend / abuse their authority.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe ive watched each once......... i dont watch any of them, that says it all. Guess im a Gold Rush guy. They keep me entertained with how much money the loose in a season.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Informative?? - I will pick out one instance - first off have not seen every episode and have not rewatched any - but
episode they were hunting in RI I think - guy says he has a gold button - turned out to be a treble gilt flat button - they said it was from 1700s - its 1800s
he said they are extremely rare - Ive found 100s of them over the years and friends have found more than me - actually very common in New England
no harm to our hobby ??- Ive lost permissions and so have friends because farmers have seen some of these shows and now think the buttons we've shown them over the yrs and said have more historical value that monetary - now think Ive been lying and have been finding rare buttons
they have stated other wrong info and values of others items they've found also
don't like comments like - this horse shoe could have been off George Washingtons horse - this bullet could be from Jesse James gun etc - always trying to make everything bigger and better than it is . "Hey..I think I have a treasure chest...oh its a piece of cast iron off a stove"
Trying to create a TH'ers language for all of us to use - "civ" "cologne" "roundness" and every episode they have to explain to us what each of those words mean in a balloon - say what you found - you find a colonial coin - just say it - you got silver - say it !
no they got to say "sil" then they explain then balloon pops up - "Sil means they found a silver coin" - is this necessary ?
and how about their digging - I use a sharp large thick bladed knife - I cut perfect plugs and when I walk away - you don't know Ive been there
Ive seen many times they use their lesche and then item is still in the hole and they rip the crap out of the sides of the hole trying to retrieve it
theres no way half that grass survived and I don't see them filming them putting dirt and grass back perfectly - but have not seen them all
so you can tell me Im wrong -
I use pinpointer once hole is open and bang I usually pin point and pop the item - they take forever on most of their targets

If they spent less time fooling around - and running/cartwheeling/somersaulting a 100 yrds to show each other an Indianhead penny - would have a lot more time hunting
and if they perfected their digging techniques - they would retrieve faster and get more also
don't get me wrong - - my hunt partners and I joke around -Ive yelled to my friend "come here ...I got a good one.." and as he approached told him I found a cob ...only to show him a old corn cob.- He got me back when he said "come here ...I got a real..." I ran over ...he dug an old fishing reel . We talk when hunt is slow - usually about past finds from previous hunts and ideas about the hunt site itself - so we aren't always boring and just all business
just the other day on a colonial field hunt - my friend yelled "I got juice!"
and then held up a discarded juice box :tongue3:

PS - actually having their side bets and having to pay price at end is funny - Im not stuffy - believe me - Im a class clown type
but the tree climbing and antics is completely not necessary - unless you find a gold bar or something really rare - but over a worn thin merc dime you think is a Spanish real ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
( harming the hobby because a button was misidentified???). ..
It actually said double guilt by the way... And Ringy said while he was still wiping the dirt from it that these can date back to the 17 hundreds... This is getting a little silly.... You seem to be forgetting they are working for producers who are creating a television show aimed at getting the best ratings possible at the end of the day they're not trying to make a scientifically perfect educational documentary.
If you really believe these guys would be doing cartwheels and all the other antics when they weren't prompted to do so by the producers I don't mean to sound rude but I think you've got reality a little messed up.
It's a television show its not a how to instructional program.
They're not out to prove themselves to you me or anyone else they are there to work for the producers and get ratings the way the producers want them to get ratings nothing more....... They're lucky guys who get to hunt amazing places and some people really sound like they have a lot of sour grapes.
It sounds like you've watched quite a few of the programs do you remember the one where ringy put the big piece of iron on his finger and said look it's a diamond ring that's the context all those other instances you mentioned are in it's supposed to be funny hehe

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started this thread to inform people who were interested in watching the program that they are going to have a new season I'm not really looking to have a debate on whether or not the program lives up to some people's standards or hurts their hunting ability in some way

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Everyone in this hobby has their own style of treasure hunting and has their own slang. If you don't like the show then don't watch it. Their not pushing anyone to do it their way or offend any of us. They only get overly enthusiastic and talk they way they do to keep people entertained. Like I said, how boring would it be to follow one of us around and actually film how it really is. I think these guys are two great treasure hunters who are high on life which is rare these days. If you don't like the way someone hunts cause it's not the way you would do it or you hate the way people talk about their finds is sad.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was just an example - the button thing - it was not the misidentification - it was the "these are rare.." comment - friends and I have lost like 5 permissions from farmers that have seen this episodes and others because they think these flatbuttons and musketballs are worth money - a few of those farmers now bought machines and that's why we lost permissions too...I bet you would feel different if you lost a bunch of your good spots because someone on a show said that worn coppers are worth $30 and up - again paraphrasing or flat buttons are worth $3 a piece - a friend and I made up a display and gave to a farmer for all the times he let us hit his fields - it hade flatbuttons, musketballs, indianheads some common silver and other odds and ends - he thanked us - then after he saw a few of these shows - he approached us and said "if you gave me all this ...what are you not showing me" and then told us after some thought that he rather we did not hunt there anymore . Place we'd been hitting for like 20 yrs ..gone (he knew from the past we had found musketballs and buttons before we gave him display) we never found anything of great value here but a lot of coppers and some colonial silver came from here - no more
also was told on another forum that those guys acted that way before the show and on youtube - so they aren't doing it for producers
They've gotten a lot of other facts wrong and made comments they should have checked out better on objects and historically
There are a number of guys out there - on here that could do a lot better and that have been at it a lot longer and that are a lot more knowledgeable
probably even yourself -
I could not see a guy calling himself KG - when I don't think he found a KG copper till this show and the other calling himself Ringmaster when I probably find more rings in one year than he has in his life and I wouldn't be so bold to call myself that because there are plenty that have found more than me

( harming the hobby because a button was misidentified???). ..
It actually said double guilt by the way... And Ringy said while he was still wiping the dirt from it that these can date back to the 17 hundreds... This is getting a little silly.... You seem to be forgetting they are working for producers who are creating a television show aimed at getting the best ratings possible at the end of the day they're not trying to make a scientifically perfect educational documentary.
If you really believe these guys would be doing cartwheels and all the other antics when they weren't prompted to do so by the producers I don't mean to sound rude but I think you've got reality a little messed up.
It's a television show its not a how to instructional program.
They're not out to prove themselves to you me or anyone else they are there to work for the producers and get ratings the way the producers want them to get ratings nothing more....... They're lucky guys who get to hunt amazing places and some people really sound like they have a lot of sour grapes.
It sounds like you've watched quite a few of the programs do you remember the one where ringy put the big piece of iron on his finger and said look it's a diamond ring that's the context all those other instances you mentioned are in it's supposed to be funny hehe

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They act like immature children who got a metal detector for Christmas and its still Christmas day...

I mean who do they think is watching those shows to begin with... it would be mostly people like us or those interested in MDing...
Professional MATURE ... REAL life detecting may be less entertaining but I would rather be following "bumps on a log" around than those idiots...
They can be entertaining but they are not realistic... and whats the word... Ahhh yes... obnoxious... and "weird"... which amounts to the ONLY "ratings" they can pull...
I mean just look at the kardashians and other similar shows... its the "freak factor"... we watch just to see what they will do next...

They should produce a down to earth detecting show...
Showing the "whole" picture... even the farce of it... no edited crapola...
Then the ratings would skyrocket...
Because...
People like watching reality and success more than dancing clowns.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But its funny the same people defending Diggers are saying they hate all the other shows - Those people seem just as enthusiastic and high in what theyre doing on their show
though they are picking them apart or outright hate them :icon_scratch:

Everyone in this hobby has their own style of treasure hunting and has their own slang. If you don't like the show then don't watch it. Their not pushing anyone to do it their way or offend any of us. They only get overly enthusiastic and talk they way they do to keep people entertained. Like I said, how boring would it be to follow one of us around and actually film how it really is. I think these guys are two great treasure hunters who are high on life which is rare these days. If you don't like the way someone hunts cause it's not the way you would do it or you hate the way people talk about their finds is sad.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was just an example - the button thing - it was not the misidentification - it was the "these are rare.." comment - friends and I have lost like 5 permissions from farmers that have seen this episodes and others because they think these flatbuttons and musketballs are worth money - a few of those farmers now bought machines and that's why we lost permissions too...I bet you would feel different if you lost a bunch of your good spots because someone on a show said that worn coppers are worth $30 and up - again paraphrasing or flat buttons are worth $3 a piece - a friend and I made up a display and gave to a farmer for all the times he let us hit his fields - it hade flatbuttons, musketballs, indianheads some common silver and other odds and ends - he thanked us - then after he saw a few of these shows - he approached us and said "if you gave me all this ...what are you not showing me" and then told us after some thought that he rather we did not hunt there anymore . Place we'd been hitting for like 20 yrs ..gone (he knew from the past we had found musketballs and buttons before we gave him display) we never found anything of great value here but a lot of coppers and some colonial silver came from here - no more
also was told on another forum that those guys acted that way before the show and on youtube - so they aren't doing it for producers
They've gotten a lot of other facts wrong and made comments they should have checked out better on objects and historically
There are a number of guys out there - on here that could do a lot better and that have been at it a lot longer and that are a lot more knowledgeable
probably even yourself -
I could not see a guy calling himself KG - when I don't think he found a KG copper till this show and the other calling himself Ringmaster when I probably find more rings in one year than he has in his life and I wouldn't be so bold to call myself that because there are plenty that have found more than me
You just don't get it...the show is popular because they are normal guys...they don't know everything and they don't find hundreds of rings...its just a show...anyone watching the show would learn that you cant get rich detecting because they find very few valuable items...Ive always thought that people don't like the possible competition the show might bring...you said farmers you know joined the hobby after watching the show...the farmers know they aren't going to get rich, they just saw the historical stuff you can find and how much fun detecting can be...its a great show.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably even yourself -

You hunted that place for 20 plus years... your glass is definitely more than half full when it comes to that particular property.. You could probably say your cup overfloweth. Just because the property owner decided he wanted to try to find some stuff himself don't take it that personally .. Especially when all he has to do is spend a few minutes on the internet to get the facts..
You'll get more properties yes I actually think I may be better at hunting my local territories than these guys but never once did I think it was any kind of a contest or feel I needed to be better than they are I do my own thing I could really care less who thinks who is better at what.
The same goes for all these forms everybody can be a legend in their own mind if they want more power to them doesn't make me feel any less... Okay I've had it with this subject for now..
Why don't I just post some recent finds and make this a combination thread... Maybe there will even be some roundness in the hole!! Haha..

ForumRunner_20150422_203649.png

ForumRunner_20150422_203937.png

ForumRunner_20150422_204230.png

ForumRunner_20150422_204106.png

ForumRunner_20150422_204409.png
Nothing nice and pretty about the hole I dug for this musician button I had to cut roots out of it and everything

ForumRunner_20150422_205140.png

IMG_20150117_102724.jpg

ForumRunner_20150422_204624.png

IMG_20150106_161244.jpg

ForumRunner_20150422_204744.png

IMG_20150312_213750.jpg

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But its funny the same people defending Diggers are saying they hate all the other shows - Those people seem just as enthusiastic and high in what theyre doing on their show
though they are picking them apart or outright hate them :icon_scratch:

And yet here you are not saying anything negative about all the other shows and directing everything at diggers... Ironic?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread