Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Next time just tell them you have a dozen Ar-15s and 100,000 rounds of ammo in case there is a zombie breakout.... "Would you like to know about my bazookas and mortars too?"

It would be noted in your Medical Records, with a POSSIBLE Peer Review (committee), later.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In THIS thread, the one we are discussing, the patient didn't state anything about wanting to commit suicide or admire a mass murderer. If the story is correct, he was asked if he had guns without showing any signs of maybe wanting to use one. Why just guns? If he seemed suicidal would he be asked if his house had any meds in it, is there a bridge you cross on your way home, do you take the subway, do you own any rope? How about tall buildings, are there any on your way home? What if he said he admired Jack the Ripper, then what would you suggest they do?

PCP/GP are TRAINED to "recognize" symptoms; want 'em listed...?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be noted in your Medical Records, with a POSSIBLE Peer Review (committee), later.
Then they would really love what would follow if they were to pursue the invasion of my privacy....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeye

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then they would really love what would follow if they were to pursue the invasion of my privacy....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeye

I think many of you guys are flattering yourselves. Unless you are talking a lot about harming yourself or others no doctor cares about your guns and no one is going to ask. And if you are then hopefully someone will ask and you will get the help needed and you will not harm yourself or others.

Does anyone think that asking if you have firearms is a bad think if you have indicated that you are thinking of hurting yourself or others???

Have any of you ever realized that you really have a "gun fixation". I could get all Freud, but I will leave it up to each of you to discover why.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think many of you guys are flattering yourselves. Unless you are talking a lot about harming yourself or others no doctor cares about your guns and no one is going to ask. And if you are then hopefully someone will ask and you will get the help needed and you will not harm yourself or others.

Does anyone think that asking if you have firearms is a bad think if you have indicated that you are thinking of hurting yourself or others???

Have any of you ever realized that you really have a "gun fixation". I could get all Freud, but I will leave it up to each of you to discover why.

Maybe Freud could help you, your on a forum about the 2nd amendment, in a thread about a doctor interagating a patient about what guns he owns when all he went to see the doctor about was a cut on his leg that he suspects might be getting infected and your questioning why we are talking about firearms....:icon_scratch:

Oh the horror, maybe someone will have a complete mental breakdown and talk about metal detectors on a metal detecting forum next.........

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe Freud could help you, your on a forum about the 2nd amendment, in a thread about a doctor interagating a patient about what guns he owns when all he went to see the doctor about was a cut on his leg that he suspects might be getting infected and your questioning why we are talking about firearms....:icon_scratch:

Oh the horror, maybe someone will have a complete mental breakdown and talk about metal detectors on a metal detecting forum next.........

I think what we are trying to say is that the article is bogus. No one is going in with a cut and being questioned about their guns. And then being hauled off to a FEMA camp.

But don't you believe a doctor should ask a patient about guns if they are talking about hurting themselves or others?? Why would anyone be against this?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please point out in the article/story where it says anything about him mentioning hurting himself.......

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please point out in the article/story where it says anything about him mentioning hurting himself.......

I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that no one is getting the third degree about their guns going to the dr about a scratch on the leg. IE this is a made up article trying to make an extremist point.

A dr WILL ask a patient about guns if that dr feels the person is a danger to themselves or others. This is not in the article. This is reality. And as I've asked numerous time I see absolutely nothing wrong with this - do you??

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see the part about hauling off to a "Fema camp", too. I think things get made up so that the poster can ridicule someone.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to see the part about hauling off to a "Fema camp", too. I think things get made up so that the poster can ridicule someone.

No ridicule, we are all heading off to FEMA camps aren't we??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that no one is getting the third degree about their guns going to the dr about a scratch on the leg. IE this is a made up article trying to make an extremist point.

A dr WILL ask a patient about guns if that dr feels the person is a danger to themselves or others. This is not in the article. This is reality. And as I've asked numerous time I see absolutely nothing wrong with this - do you??

Please produce the proof you have proving the article is false........

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Or do you not believe that we will all be sent to FEMA camps for re education??

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or do you not believe that we will all be sent to FEMA camps for re education??

I think that you have suffered a psychotic break. The only one ever talks Fema Camps is.... You. You seem to have a very strange fixation that goes beyond your inferiority complex. But,, it is your life.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now if you go into a doctors office talking about being sent to a FEMA re education camp the doctor will probably ask you if you have firearms as they would perceive you are a danger to yourself or others. Again I believe that is the right thing for everyone involved.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if you go into a doctors office talking about being sent to a FEMA re education camp the doctor will probably ask you if you have firearms as they would perceive you are a danger to yourself or others. Again I believe that is the right thing for everyone involved.
Maybe you shouldn't go to the doctor, picker

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that you have suffered a psychotic break. The only one ever talks Fema Camps is.... You. You seem to have a very strange fixation that goes beyond your inferiority complex. But,, it is your life.

Nope, actually rjc has posted numerous articles from infowars about FEMA camps. Are you telling me that those articles were not telling the truth??

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stockpicker, Dont know who is blowing smoke up your ass but I can attest to the fact that I took my friend to the emergency room 3 times becouse she was having very bad pain in her back and constipation . First item asked was do you feel safe, do you have guns or firearms in your house. Now being that she was in the emergency room and massivley constipated and had to sit through this crap before seeing a doctor. We visited 3 emergency rooms in 2 different counties and were asked these questions each time. So in California they ask. My response as a person bringing the patient in was none of your business refuse to answer. That being said the first two doctors implied she was a drug addict wanting to score pain killers the third doctor admitted her and found out after 2 days of test that she had bone cancer and a broken back. I think if they spent more time doctoring instead of asking personal lifestyle questions she would of been diagnosed earlier. How would you feel Stockpicker if the emergency room doctor asked if you were HOMOSEXUAL? Its just as relevant as do you have guns in your home!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread